I think I'll Keep Him OT

Old June 8th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default I think I'll Keep Him OT

Rob insisted on going over to Mandy's boyfriend's house on Thursday and
Friday. I didn't know why and I was kind of miffed that he wouldn't stay
with me and join me in my moping and feeling sorry for myself. Today I
found out why he'd been gone.

He told me that he wanted to go to Wal-Mart to price garbage cans for when
re-cycling finally starts here next month. I told him that it was too early
to be picking up a re-cycling can, but he insisted. When we got to
Wal-Mart, Rob went past the housewares (I think I'd have to kill someone if
they called it homewares) and over to the women's fashion accessories
department. There he had me pick out a replacement purse, a new change
wallet, and replaced the over the counter medicines that I always have in my
purse. We can't replace the pictures, whistle, air horn for emergencies,
and most of the other things I'd kept, but I have a purse to keep my book,
spare change, meds, and other goodies in. We brought the stuff home and I
discovered two pockets that I didn't know about while unpacking all the
newsprint they stuff those things with. Right now, it is laying on my bed
with Tanada sleeping on it. It has already received the feline fur of
approval.

Rob had been asked to supervise and advise Mandy's boyfriend and his brother
as they added a paving stone addition to their existing patio. In return
they paid him $40 for his time and trouble. He wanted the money to buy me
an anniversary present and decided that this was the best present he could
give me. I think I'll keep him. I've already told him that I won't toss
him out on the I-95 freeway in Georgia after all, now to find something
special for him as well.

I learned something the other day while watching "It Takes A Thief" on
Discovery Channel. For those who haven't seen it, a couple of ex burglars
arrange to try to break into a house then, after scaring and upsetting those
who live in the house, they give the place a security make-over. It
probably came from England as most of the decent TV ideas come from there
originally.

In this case, the homeowner was a female realtor and was in the office when,
John, who does the break-ins walked into their front door, snuck around the
house taking a lot of loot for what was less than five minutes, and then
made a get away. The home owner was totally unaware that he'd broken in and
didn't believe them at first. Among the things that John stole were her
purse, laptop, and the keys to a month old SUV that was parked in the
driveway. The keys were on a hook beside the front door.

I have a hook bar beside the front door. It is very cute, the holder is a
bunch of cats and the hooks are fashioned from their tails. I got it for
Christmas one year and I really like it. However, it will no longer have my
keys hanging from it.

Pam S.

Old June 8th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Yup, I'd say you have a keeper there.

--
Joy

Constant change is here to stay.

m...

Old June 8th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

tanadashoes wrote:
I learned something the other day while watching "It Takes A Thief" on
Discovery Channel. For those who haven't seen it, a couple of ex
burglars arrange to try to break into a house then, after scaring and
upsetting those who live in the house, they give the place a security
make-over. It probably came from England as most of the decent TV
ideas come from there originally.

Oh I loved watching that show when I was in SC! It's a good thing they
aren't still in the "business" (so to speak).

In this case, the homeowner was a female realtor and was in the
office when, John, who does the break-ins walked into their front
door, snuck around the house taking a lot of loot for what was less
than five minutes, and then made a get away. The home owner was
totally unaware that he'd broken in and didn't believe them at first.
Among the things that John stole were her purse, laptop, and the keys
to a month old SUV that was parked in the driveway. The keys were on
a hook beside the front door.

They told me when I moved into my apartment NOT to keep the door key
anywhere near the front door and definitely not in the lock.

The episode I really loved was at a bed & breakfast. These people just left
the place unlocked so their guests could come and go at will even when they
weren't home. Um, hello? The "thieves" enlisted a couple of women to help.
They just drove up with luggage and loaded up. They even stole some of the
owners' luggage and loaded it up, too!

I have a hook bar beside the front door. It is very cute, the holder
is a bunch of cats and the hooks are fashioned from their tails. I
got it for Christmas one year and I really like it. However, it will
no longer have my keys hanging from it.

Cute, no doubt, but not very secure if it's right by the door!

And yes, Rob is a keeper

Jill

Old June 8th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

He is a keeper. Tell Rob is did a wonderful thing.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old June 8th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Pam, trust me when I tell you that those are the things than mean the most.
He wanted to make you feel better. He could have handed you the money and
said :go buy a purse". He took this much trouble to get you there. When
you are filling your memory treasure chest, put this moment carefully
inside.
remind me not to make you mad ;-)