Bonnie!!

Old November 4th 03, 06:40 PM
Bev

Default Bonnie!!

Yesterday Bonnie went missing!! When they are outside I check them
regularly. FSP and Clyde were hanging around the door, dashing in and
out - it was cold and raining slightly, hardly a nice day to be
'out'. We both kitty kittied all around the place, me getting more
unnerved by the minute. She is never more than a few yards from Clyde!

Sometimes it pays to stand and listen. Sure enough we heard a faint
yowling noise. We made a dash for the garage. There she was, high up
in the rafters. She had climbed on top of the car and made a glorious
leap. It's one thing to leap up but another to leap down. The car had
to be taken out of the garage and a ladder put up. Much yowling and
clinging fiercely to claw sensitive arms went on. Rescue accomplished.

Later I found Bonnie in the bedroom. There was a piece of nylon thread
hanging from her mouth. I grabbed it thinking it was just a bit of
thread she had picked up off the floor. Then the unravelling began.
The 'thread' was over four feet long and then some, all nicely wound up
in her stomach. She had carefully unravelled the thread off the
bedspread! I hate to think what would have happened if I hadn't been
around. The thread was quite strong and could have wound its way
through her intestines. I don't like thinking about it.
Perhaps it could have stayed in a ball and passed on through.
Dangers lurk everywhere, sigh.

Bev

--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old November 4th 03, 08:21 PM
John Biltz

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:40:35 -0800, Bev wrote
(in message ):

I told my parents this weekend on my weekly phone call to the folks about
Bruiser's Holloween Adventures and I told my dad it was a wonder that so
many kittens made it to adulthood. Twice Bruiser could have been killed
either when he caught on fire or got his head stuck in the plastic bag if
I had not been there. It seems they just get days like that. For almost
a month Bruiser didn't do anything very interesting then a burst of
"interesting times" It seems your group's turn now.

Old November 4th 03, 08:22 PM
c.dossman

I too have a Bonnie and Clyde, two tabbies. Bonnie doesn't like Clyde too
much as he is a Brutus. However I did just check on them and they are
both sleeping together in the guest bedroom. Damn...they are too cute
sometimes.

Old November 4th 03, 10:19 PM
Bev

Bev wrote in :

[...]

Footnote: Now Clyde is up in the rafters of the garage, sigh.

Bev
Old November 4th 03, 10:25 PM
polonca12000

I'm so glad Bonnie was found and that you got the thread out of her mouth.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Bev" wrote in message
Yesterday Bonnie went missing!! snip

Old November 4th 03, 10:27 PM
polonca12000

Any pics?
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"c.dossman" wrote in message
.. .
snipHowever I did just check on them and they are

Old November 4th 03, 10:42 PM
Gizela

Yeah.....forget "kid proofing" the house...cat proofing is worse.....we all
know they can get EVERYWHERE!!!

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo

Old November 5th 03, 12:03 AM
Tish S

Bev wrote in message ...
Yesterday Bonnie went missing!! When they are outside I check them
regularly. FSP and Clyde were hanging around the door, dashing in and
out - it was cold and raining slightly, hardly a nice day to be
'out'. We both kitty kittied all around the place, me getting more
unnerved by the minute. She is never more than a few yards from Clyde!

aaaargh! How frightening!

Do you think perhaps Bonnie has been looking over your shoulder when
you've been writing to RPCA, has noticed that you've written about
Clyde, FSP and Deo and, feeling left out, has engineered to make sure
you write about her?

Young PerStephanie has a habit of doing things like that (both the
disappearing act and eating things she shouldn't). Given that she and
Spock are indoors-only, it is quite a feat for her to disappear. She
has a knack of sneaking into cupboards and then just *sitting* there.
She is normally very vocal, but when she's sitting in dark, crowded
cupboards she likes to be silent. Being mostly black, she is also
difficult to see. Gives us heart-failure every time. I think she
does it to entertain us! A bit like that Lewis Carrol bit of doggerel
- "Speak roughly to your little boy, and beat him 'till he sneezes.
He only does it to annoy, because he knows it teases." (from Alice's
Adventures in Wonderland)

Cheers,
Tish
Old November 5th 03, 12:22 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Bev composed with style:

Footnote: Now Clyde is up in the rafters of the garage, sigh.

Bev

They teach each other bad habits. *nod nod*. Glad your Bonnie was
found safe.

Old November 5th 03, 12:38 AM
Yoj

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Cats can be just as much fun as babies - or toddlers. ;-)

Joy