Purrs please: the bloodbath

Old May 4th 04, 02:12 AM
Caroline S.

Default Purrs please: the bloodbath

I came home today to find blood everywhere. In the staircase, all over the
kitchen into the dining room, in our bedroom, on the guest bed, by the
litter boxes. I don't know whose it was, the cats are all a little skittish,
but not apparently injured.

By luck, I have an appointment at TED tomorrow morning. It was supposed to
be for Pippin and Yogi's checkups and shots. I will be hauling Pippin and
Fizz in instead. Those two have been fighting worse and worse over the past
few months. Fizz stalks Pippin and whaps him hard and fast with his front
paw. Pippin's been fighting back more recently, but Fizz is almost twice
his size. Pippin tries to cut a wide berth around Fizz where possible, but
the attacks are more frequent. It's possible that Fizz's urine crystals are
up again, which can make him very aggressive. I'm very worried that I will
ultimately have to re-home Fizz, as everyone's stress levels are way up. I
had tried Feliway diffusers for a month a while back, they may have helped
Pippin be less skittish, but did nothing to ease Fizz's attacks.

Purrs please, I'm heartbroken and scared for my boys.

-Caroline S.

Old May 4th 04, 02:31 AM
Takayuki

"Caroline S." wrote:

I came home today to find blood everywhere. In the staircase, all over the
kitchen into the dining room, in our bedroom, on the guest bed, by the
litter boxes. I don't know whose it was, the cats are all a little skittish,
but not apparently injured.

Betty is sending soothing purrs. At least it sounds like nobody was
hurt?! Strange how there was all that blood, and it's not even
possible to tell whose it was. Cats are good at cleaning the evidence
off themselves!

Old May 4th 04, 03:43 AM
Victor Martinez

Purrs on the way.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 4th 04, 03:43 AM
Victor Martinez

Purrs on the way.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 4th 04, 03:49 AM
lrulan

oh, Caroline. I hope things get calmer and that both boys are ok. Purrs and
prayers for everyone.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old May 4th 04, 04:28 AM
Hopitus2

Sometimes Maluce leaves blood on floor when she hoarks up a big
hairball.....something that has only begun about 4 months ago (they're all
shorthaired cats). If nobody seems injured, maybe it's not too bad.

"lrulan" wrote in message
: oh, Caroline. I hope things get calmer and that both boys are ok. Purrs
and
: prayers for everyone.
: Jazz & his mama
:
: --
:
: Irulan
: from the stars we came, to the stars we return