A bootiful afternoon in Burgundy...

Old February 15th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default A bootiful afternoon in Burgundy...

It was! Dey liff awl offur dese days - dere was always a few at
cat-shows dat I met, but not too many. pours a glass of nip-wine,
takes a scallop

And he *was* secretiff, datz fur shure!

Haff you met him, Countess? Hiz room iz not far from yours!

Nein, I haf not zeen him. I vill haf to look for him when we return.

Countess Katzenplatzen
Old February 15th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:26:45 +0000, meee wrote:

Down the end of the table, Jasmine is hissing under her breath at a slightly
tipsy Cougar. 'I towld you you shudn't haf so much. Yu is onlee a furry yung
girl kitty after all!!' 'But I'm growed up now Jasmeen. Enny way you can't
tell me what to do!! Yu're not mine muffer!!! ' 'You're silly! Wait til I
tell meowmie onna yu!!' 'Shuush!! I'm gonna go find sum caviar an someone
else to have fun wif!! You's a spoilsport!!' Cougar trots off, rather
unsteadily, to find food and fun, and Jasmine rolls her eyes skyward.

[A shy very fluffy longhaired calico girl comes up on deck, and trots up
beside Cougar.]

Hihi, Cougar. I'z Calicat, and I'z been kind of hidin in mine cabin cuz
I'z was scared of all da new kitties. But den I heard you say "caviar"
and "fun". I'z allez heard dat caviar was yummy, and I lofs to have fun.
Could I go wif you to find dat stuff?

Cali

Old February 15th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:36:20 -0800, Her Royal Highness Cleopatra
Silvercat's little, agile paws typed:
We're certainly glad you could join us. After our winderful adventure last
year we were really looking forward to having you and your lovely wink
join us again.

So, Mme. Anaïs, that *was* a Havana Brown kitty, wasn't it? The one that
came on board just as we docked? I believe that's the first kitty of that
sort I've seen, outside of Havana! Such wonderful coloring, and such a
secretive kitty.

Ahh, zank yew, Cleopatra, I do enjoy zis kommunity!

A flurry of activity is heard from the kitchen, and a number of
kitty-waiters bring a large selection of silver serving plates to each
table. Jean, the proprietor enters. "Ahhh, I see zat most ov zee
fish-course eez gone, so let us bring on zee meats! This afternoon we
haff: Agneau princier with Espelette pepper and juice of savory; Veal
cutlets in casserole, forgotten vegetables au jus; Beef fillet à la
ficelle, gray shallots and fleur de sel; Roast Bresse pullet, walnut
and truffle butter; Stuffed squab, arugula and pine nuts, confit
turnips; Poitou rabbit pastilla, Cremona mustard and black radish; and
zee Veal sweetbread turnover, tétragone and gremolata. I zink zat zere
ees enuf ov a selecktion to pleeze effurrykitty! Bon appetite!

Always gracious, the Inspector pours some of the Pommard for
effurrykitty as the waiter places some of the squab, rabbit and a
sweetbread turnover on his plate. Pitoonya says "Secretive? Oh my..."

A Havana Brown, indeed! Zey are zee furry agile kitties wif zee fur
zee color ov polished mahogany! the Inspecktor deftly eats a piece of
the turnover I would not worry about zis- mmmm, haff some more ov zis
Pommard, Pitoonya, and zee sweetbread turnover eeez superb! - you know
zis ees Europe, and we are more tolerant of - ummm, how do you say...
eccentrics, zen you Americans are.He ees probably just enjoyink a
vacation like we are!

--
à bientôt,

Jacques
Old February 15th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:26:45 GMT, meee's little, agile paws typed:

Down the end of the table, Jasmine is hissing under her breath at a slightly
tipsy Cougar. 'I towld you you shudn't haf so much. Yu is onlee a furry yung
girl kitty after all!!' 'But I'm growed up now Jasmeen. Enny way you can't
tell me what to do!! Yu're not mine muffer!!! ' 'You're silly! Wait til I
tell meowmie onna yu!!' 'Shuush!! I'm gonna go find sum caviar an someone
else to have fun wif!! You's a spoilsport!!' Cougar trots off, rather
unsteadily, to find food and fun, and Jasmine rolls her eyes skyward.

Hihi Jasmine! Why don't you joyne usses? And you too, Cougar!

This rabbit and the lamb iz delicious, and so is the wine! the
Inspecktor pours Jasmine a glass of Pommard Isn't this luffly? And
there's a dance after dinner tonight!

Jasmine, Haff you seen the brown kitty yet?

the inspektor raises his glass À votre santé, effurrykitty!And the
clinking of plates and friendly meowing can be heard throughout the
room!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
2/14/2006 7:50:19 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net
Old February 15th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:38:32 -0800, Countess Katzenplatzen's little,
agile paws typed:

Nein, I haf not zeen him. I vill haf to look for him when we return.

Countess Katzenplatzen

He's an interestig kitty, Countess! Ummm, the Pommard is wonderful -
have you tried any yet?

The brush of Josephine is breathtaking, Countess, it will make a
wonderful centerpiece in your castle. We are looking forward to
visiting you there!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
2/14/2006 8:03:17 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net
Old February 15th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Calico Cat" wrote in message
news
[...]

Hey Cali!! Ize a tortie point siimeees so we're neerly tha same colour!!!
(you can see what I luks like inna blog meowmie posted) enny way I luvs fuds
an haffin fun. I jis got a liddle bit tipsy onna french wine an stuffy ole
jasmeen kep tellin me off! Hey luk thers tha fuds an no hoomins are heer to
tell us not to eet stuff!!! lets go eat til we hurks behind a couch!!!

Old February 15th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:26:45 GMT, meee's little, agile paws typed:

Down the end of the table, Jasmine is hissing under her breath at a
slightly
tipsy Cougar. 'I towld you you shudn't haf so much. Yu is onlee a furry
yung
girl kitty after all!!' 'But I'm growed up now Jasmeen. Enny way you
can't
tell me what to do!! Yu're not mine muffer!!! ' 'You're silly! Wait til I
tell meowmie onna yu!!' 'Shuush!! I'm gonna go find sum caviar an someone
else to have fun wif!! You's a spoilsport!!' Cougar trots off, rather
unsteadily, to find food and fun, and Jasmine rolls her eyes skyward.

Hihi Jasmine! Why don't you joyne usses? And you too, Cougar!

Hihi effurywun...I fink coogar has gone of wif anuffer young girlkitty.

This rabbit and the lamb iz delicious, and so is the wine! the
Inspecktor pours Jasmine a glass of Pommard Isn't this luffly? And
there's a dance after dinner tonight!

Fangyu so much Inspektor, you are too kind. This is so luffly. I am so
lukkin forward tu tha danse. Coogar ann Mango are tu, I beleef, an tha
kittenz are haffing a lot of fun wif Stormee an the others.

Jasmine, Haff you seen the brown kitty yet?

He was furry misterious...and quite hansum I beleef! All tha yung
girlkitties are sigin ofa him!!

Old February 15th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Inspector Jacques Chat-Clouseau" wrote in message
[...]

hmmm furry misterious thinks jasmeen to herself. 'this pate is exquisie' she
ses to tha inspektor

Old February 15th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

kan i visit you when it getz finizhed? OEJ, furwurd taday
ShortTail Tom wrote in message
news
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:09:41 -0600, Stormmee wrote:

diz iz xxxcciillent, OEJ, speechless... I getted you diz, itz notted az

kule
az whut you gett me butt i hopez you likez it... paws ofur a largish

box...
itz a owt kitty houze fur yourownsef...

[Shorty looks at the lovely gift, and he paws tears of joy from his eyes]

That's so lufely, and so thoughful! Nobody has effur gived me somefing as
wunnderful as dat before. Fangu, fangu, fangu! I know just where I'z will
put it, in da liddle garden outside da Highland Kitties' house. Den I can
haf a kitty house among da roses. And da purty smell of da roses will
remind me of mine faforite girlkitty!

STTom

Old February 15th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

why duzint you guyz come ofur here anna sitz wif uses, OEJ
meee wrote in message
Down the end of the table, Jasmine is hissing under her breath at a

slightly
tipsy Cougar. 'I towld you you shudn't haf so much. Yu is onlee a furry

yung
girl kitty after all!!' 'But I'm growed up now Jasmeen. Enny way you can't
tell me what to do!! Yu're not mine muffer!!! ' 'You're silly! Wait til I
tell meowmie onna yu!!' 'Shuush!! I'm gonna go find sum caviar an someone
else to have fun wif!! You's a spoilsport!!' Cougar trots off, rather
unsteadily, to find food and fun, and Jasmine rolls her eyes skyward.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
You iz a wonnerful wifekitty, I nefur seed one of doze catz befur, TV,
feelin veri blessed today
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat wrote in
message news
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:59:26 -0500, Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:

Anaïs, Tiger, Cleopatra and TV take cushions at a fairly large table,
and wave at their friends to join them. The inspector and his wink,
Bridget, join them.

"Ah zank yourownselves for infitink usses, zees eez luffly!" meows
the Inspector as he pours some of the Volnay for everykitty.

We're certainly glad you could join us. After our winderful adventure
last
year we were really looking forward to having you and your lovely wink
join us again.

So, Mme. Anaïs, that *was* a Havana Brown kitty, wasn't it? The one

that
came on board just as we docked? I believe that's the first kitty of

that
sort I've seen, outside of Havana! Such wonderful coloring, and such a
secretive kitty.

Of course, his coloring wasn't nearly as handsome as that of my

handsome
wink...

[With that, Cleo snuggles closer to TV and purrs].

Cleo