OT - Munged Addy

Old January 5th 11, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Default OT - Munged Addy

I was starting to get more and more billions of dollars from Nigeria, so had
to munge my email addy - post request here if you need it.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old January 5th 11, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I was starting to get more and more billions of dollars from Nigeria, so
had
to munge my email addy - post request here if you need it.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Please email me (mine isn't munged) so I can keep you in my address book.
Thanks!

Jill

Old January 5th 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:30:27 -0600, "CatNipped"
wrote:

I was starting to get more and more billions of dollars from Nigeria, so had
to munge my email addy - post request here if you need it.

I used the same unmunged E-mail address on Usenet, and a couple of other
bulletin boards for almost 10 years before it got so bad I had to change
it.

But, while I switched to a different E-mail address, all I did to keep
the spammers away was fix it so they had to manually 'fix' it before
they could use it. Many people here do the same thing

I get very little spam on this E-mail address.

You might want to try doing the same thing; it seems to work.

Then, if somebody feels the need to E-mail you in some sort of
emergency, they have quick and easy access to your E-mail address.

Just a thought.

I hate spam with a passion.

For some reason, I get spam almost daily from the Republican Party in
the state of Georgia.

While I mean no offence to anyone, I'd eat a bullet before I 1) Became a
Republican 2) Lived in the state of Georgia. I've lived in the state I
grew up in my entire life. I will die here, I'm quite sure.

Where do these spammers *get* my E-mail address, and WHY do they think
they can perform a lobotomy via E-mail, so I would even *open* the cr@p
they send me?

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein