I need assistance to save these cats.

Old January 4th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Default I need assistance to save these cats.

There are a few people in this world who give up their lives to help others.
One such lady is now in need of help herself. She asks this for the cats
she has looked after and is now no longer able to do so as she is
desperately ill herself.

Can you help me save these cats? I am only one person and the task for
re-locating a private sanctuary with many cats in the Chicagoland area has
been in trusted to me. I do not live in the area but the lady who owns the
sanctuary has in trusted me with this task as she is no longer able to care
for these animals and is moving into assisted living accommodation shortly.
I will be travelling to Chicago soon and will have only two weeks to move
these animals into shelters if I can find help. I have already contacted
the local shelters and am waiting for replies from some. While I have found
a few spaces it is no where near enough.

Does anyone out there work for shelters in the Chicago area? Do you know of
a travel network to get animals from one place to another? Can you put me
in touch with anyone that would be able to help me?

All the cats have been leukaemia tested, and they have all been spayed and
neutered. There ages range from 2 years and up. There are also supplies
that will go with them to shelters on their request such as cages, carriers,
etc. By the end of January the cats which I have not managed to place will
have no where to go.

I'm happy to provide more information but would rather you contacted me
privately at: