Stupid Question

Old March 10th 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Stupid Question

How do I post a link to a *specific* LOL cat? (I should be able to figure
this out!)

Jill

Old March 10th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

Copy the address in the address bar.

Nanny

"jmcquown" schreef in bericht
. ..

Old March 10th 08, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:28:14 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

How do I post a link to a *specific* LOL cat? (I should be able to figure
this out!)

Jill

I'm sure there's a really easy way, like some link that I'm just not
seeing when I go there. But I use a slightly less easy way - under the
picture you want to send there's a box that says "Copy and paste to your
blog". If you highlight the contents of that box with your mouse and press
control-c it will copy the contents into your clipboard. You can then
compose an e-mail or a Usenet message, then press control-v to paste the
contents of the box.

This will give you more than you need. It will contain, for example:
pre
href="http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/03/09/funny-pictures-luvs-to-dance/"img
src="http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/03/funny-pictures-thriller-kitten.jpg"
style="word-spacing:600625px;font-size:600625px;" alt="Humorous Pictures"
//abr /Enter the ICHC a
href="http://www.quicksprout.com/2008/02/19/online-poker-cats-contest-ichc"online
Poker Cats Contest!/a
/pre

If you want to post just the URL of the picture, you can cut out
everything except the contents of the "src" tag. In the example above,
that would be:
pre
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress....ler-kitten.jpg
/pre

Note: If you see me "pre" tags, just ignore them. I put them in just in
case your newsreader tries to render the HTML instead of just displaying
it. I hope this works properly.

Dan
Old March 10th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Nanny wrote:
Copy the address in the address bar.

Nanny

LOL That's the link to the LOLCats home page, not a specific photo.

Jill

Old March 10th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[...]

Aha! I saw the copy/paste to blog thing and thought "I don't need all that
garbage!" Didn't occur to me to hunt for the src tag Thanks, Dan.

Jill --needs more coffee

Old March 10th 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

No, it's not. I went to a photo and copied the address bar, and it looks
like this:
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/0...hapy-to-see-u/
Try it :-)

Old March 10th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Nanny wrote:
No, it's not. I went to a photo and copied the address bar, and it
looks like this:
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/0...hapy-to-see-u/
Try it :-)

Nanny

Sorry, the URL in the address bar is for the home page. I can copy the src
(source) line from the blog section, as Dan suggested. But you already did
it for me

Jill

Old March 10th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
How do I post a link to a *specific* LOL cat? (I should be able to figure
this out!)

Jill

I usually just click the link to the comments, and use that address.
--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old March 10th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
How do I post a link to a *specific* LOL cat? (I should be able to
figure this out!)

Jill

I usually just click the link to the comments, and use that address.

That's simple enough! LOL Just cut out the #comments at the end. Either
that or the src= thing Dan mentioned.

Jill --doesn't usually read the comments; too busy laughing at the photos!

Old March 10th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/0...-iz-hapy-to-se...

Nanny wrote:
Copy the address in the address bar.

Nanny

LOL That's the link to the LOLCats home page, not a specific photo.

Jill

"jmcquown" schreef in bericht
om...
How do I post a link to a *specific* LOL cat? (I should be able to
figure this out!)

Jill

It must depend on what program you're using. I'm with Nanny, I can
just copy the URL in the address bar and it points to the picture, not
the home page:
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/0...luvs-to-dance/
Julie