OT- Sept 1 Means 1 Thing

Old September 1st 04, 07:18 PM
Bob M

Default OT- Sept 1 Means 1 Thing

That fall is right around the corner! And an end to another long hot
Texas summer! My favorite time of the year is autumn followed by winter.
I become a little kid again at the first hint of Halloween. I love to
visit haunted houses on a crisp fall night. Did I mention I'm still a
kid at 43? I have very fond memories of being a kid when we lived in New
Jersey. I remember walking home from the bus stop on crisp October
afternoons. The trees were full of beautiful colors. The smell of
burning leaf piles in everyone's yards. The joy of trick or treating
with my best friends in the whole wide world. And not having a care in
the world on that night. I remember long Sunday afternoon drives to the
country. Stopping for a basket of fresh apples at a roadside stand.
Does anyone else out there have fond memories of autumn? I sure would
like to hear them.

Bob
--
Takeoff is an option.
Landing is a must!

And in the end on wheels we will depend.
Old September 1st 04, 07:34 PM
jmcquown

Bob M wrote:
That fall is right around the corner! And an end to another long hot
Texas summer! My favorite time of the year is autumn followed by
winter. I become a little kid again at the first hint of Halloween. I
love to visit haunted houses on a crisp fall night.
Bob

I have a couple of true (as in, *I* experienced them) ghost stories. If
you'd like to hear them, let me know when you've pulled up a chair. Imagine
the scent of knewly mown hay and burning autumn leaves and the crackling of
a fire. Okay, it's not dark yet. Pretend it is. And I'll tell you a
couple of ghost stories

Jill

Old September 1st 04, 08:15 PM
Melissa Houle

Bob M wrote in message

[...]

I always had ambivalent feelings about fall as a kid. First, summer was
over and school was about to start. I didn't mind school, but I really loved
summer, and was always sorry to see it end. Labor Day always seemed like
the End of Freedom. (This was before kids started school in Mid-August.)
Inevitably, there was always a blistering heat wave right during the first
weeks of school. These days, it seems like the Christmas decorations go up
shortly after Labor Day, which makes me NUTS. C'mon, I want to see some
autumn color, first before the consumeristic frenzy starts! (And I don't
even live in New England!)

On the positive side, Halloween was big business in my family. G Around
the end of September, we started discussing what we wanted to be for
Halloween that year, and how to achieve the necessary effects. For example,
my brothers dressed as undertakers one year, and one brother's best friend
Jordan was the corpse. They would carry him up to the door in a "coffin"
then ring the doorbell stand back, with their hats over their hearts, while
Jordan sat up, and handed the person at the door a card that said "Trick or
Treat." We were definitely not costume buyers. The fun was in using one's
imagination, putting it all together and standing out from the crowd of
other kids. I remember being out on Halloween when I was little, and how
exciting it was. I also remember seeing positive CROWDS of other kids
swarming by in their costumes with their trick or treat bags. Pumpkin
carving was another fun event.

Okay, I DO love mulled cider. =o)

I also love Thanksgiving--one of my favorite holidays all year. Lots of
family fun, all the delicious flavors of Thanksgiving dinner, but no need to
buy presents for everyone. =o)

Melissa

Old September 1st 04, 09:20 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I love cycling in the autumn, when the air is crisp and the leaves are turning
to gold and red. Misty mornings make for lovely cycling round Norfolk lanes,
especially when I remember to take a plastic box with me and collect
blackberries from the hedgerows. YUM!

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old September 1st 04, 10:39 PM
Victor Martinez

Bob M wrote:
Does anyone else out there have fond memories of autumn? I sure would
like to hear them.

We celebrate autumm by going to the Hill Country for a long weekend. For
the past 5 or 6 years we've rented a cabin near the Lost Maples State
Park. We get together with friends and have an awesome time, just
hanging out, eating, hiking, taking great drives; it's just a fun time.
We always have a fire going and we sit around it and look at the stars,
the sound of the Frio river as background.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he