At Rainbow Bridj: Gretchen Marie 1989-2005

Old August 12th 05, 06:45 PM
Cory

CatTayls wrote:
I spoke to the vet this morning who said GM had a bad episode that
almost put her in cardiac arrest. TED suggested I come and visit her,
suggesting that they draw blood today to check her white/red counts and
then I could take her home tomorrow. They thought she might be less
stressed out at home. We talked about this at length. I finally
concluded that the blood test would tell us what we already knew., that
an antibiotic injection on Monday, another on Tuesday, plus intravenous
feeding and antibiotics for three days had not improved her. She had
rallied briefly but could not gain strength.

They brought her to me. She was breathing heavily, could not stand and
had difficulty moving much at all. I was at TED's for two hours,
talking to them and hearing possibilities from them. They would leave
me alone with her, then we would talk again. At one point, I had my
face next to GM's and she started whimpering. I told her that I
"got the message" and asked the vet to put her down. I could have
taken her home one more time, but I honestly would not have been able
to watch her being so miserable. GM was on a towel on the table and
she managed to get up and turn her back to me. I moved the towel
around so we would be face-o-face again. She did this twice more. I
think that was another clear message that she wanted to turn her back
on being so sick. So TED injected her and she left us in just a few
seconds, looking absolutely beautiful. I have no doubt that I made the
right decision. Whatever overtook her did so with a vengeance and I
don't believe she could have overcome it.

There is a big happy party going on at the Bridj tonight. And there
are a couple of hoomins--my late niece Patti and my friend Kath
Lyons--who are taking turns holding her.

Thank you again for all your thoughts, prayers and purrs. I feel her
around me constantly but I have never felt so alone.

Arlene, proud meowmie to
Gretchen Marie House of Knop

*stunned silence...*

I'm so very sorry, Arlene. I really don't know what to say. She'll be
missed around here.

(Can someone forward this to Arlene? I can't seem to post and e-mail
from frickin' Google... TIA)

--- Cory

Goodbye furry friend (Copyright 1998)

(adapted from Candle in the Wind by Elton John and Bernie Taupin
Copyright 1973 All rights reserved)

Goodbye furry friend
May your spirit live in my heart
You were a friend that gave your love
To all of those you knew

You loved me without fail
And you gave me your love always
Now you're in peace at the bridge
And your purr lives on in my heart

(refrain)
And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a friend of endless grace
Never wavering in your support
When I had bad times
And your love lives on in my heart
And lasting memories
Your purr stopped too soon, oh, but
My memories never will

Loving you with ease
Those many days spent by my side
Memories I'll always have
of my furry beloved friend

Even though I try
Your loss hurts me so much
All my words cannot express
The joy you brought me through the years

Old August 15th 05, 01:00 AM
The Fur Conspiracy

Mrrqueeekkk!!

Lotza lotza purrz an waggz from uz an owr fambly for all ov yowr
fambly.

G'by, Ms. G-M. 'Niff. We'll see yew anozzer timez.

Sweet queekz,
Ms. M-M for da TFC

The Fur Conspiracy:
Ms. Martha-Mound (VC, TGK), Mr. GrowlTiger (DOC),
Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]
Old August 20th 05, 02:38 AM
FurrsomeFoursome

ower neglectfull sekritterry is late again, but we sends all ower
Toesey-purrs to Anti Arlene.

Gretchen Marie joins Mr. Lenny and Ms. Lucy and so menny offurs... we
no she will be well again and at peece.

Panda ov-purrin' Toes and de offur three/fours.

Old August 26th 05, 10:09 PM

We'ze hardly gets tew post ennymore, an' Meowmie neffur gets to
read...we iz sew sad tew just see dis noos. Menny, menny purrs tew
Antie Arlene. We nose dat Gretchen Marie iz happy at da brij wif ower
bruffer Chester--PacoBell, Charlie and Orangie.

Old August 28th 05, 09:25 PM
Da Koster Katz

BAST BLAST GOOGLE! We thought we posted this weeks ago, and just now
found out it never went through!!!!

*At the Spa, a crowd gathers. As the staff gently purrs and weeps in
the background, a solemn tabby places the CLOSED sign in the window of
the Booteek*

Farewell, my frend. We had gudgud tymes tugeffur. Fings will not be da
sayme wifowt yu.

Cinni

--
****Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.****

Koster Katz: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez
RPCC Glossary: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez/glossary.html

Old September 2nd 05, 12:21 AM
Ray or Fran

Youze so right Cinni. Weze will all miss Gretchen Marie.

Punkins & Puddi Cat
(still furry sad)