Big fluffy wet snow flakes are falling

Old February 19th 15, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot

Default Big fluffy wet snow flakes are falling

wrote:
On 2/18/2015 9:52 PM, Lord Bergamot wrote:

Jack wrote:
The cats keep running outside to play in the snow.
They come inside and hug the radiator for a while, chase each other
around, then zoom, back outside. [...]
Sophie (RB)

I keep seeing people use (RB) and I wonder what it means?
It seems like it might mean something like (rest in peace),
but an Internet search hasn't shown what it means.

Can someone clue me in? Are there any more abbreviations
I need to know, Germane to this group?

e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e
. u k Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian
EH22 4PU, Scotland
mobile 07800 739 557 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter:
JackCampin

RB stands for Rainbow Bridge. It means the cat is no longer among the
living. The term comes from this:
(The following was taken from Mid-Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League
Newsletter which reprinted it from the Akita Rescue Society of America.)
THE RAINBOW BRIDGE
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called
the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side
of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills and
valleys with lush green grass. When a beloved pet dies, the
pet goes to this place. There is always food and water, and
warm Spring weather. Those old and frail animals are young
again. Those who have been maimed are made whole again. They
play with each other all day.
But there is only one thing missing. They are not with their
special person who loved them on earth. So, each day, they
run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing
and looks up. The nose twitches, the ears are up, the eyes are
staring, and this one suddenly runs from the group. You have
been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take
him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again
and again and again and you look once more into the eyes of
your trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be
separated.
--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters

Thank you. I've been racking my brain trying to remember that.
Now that you've told me, I remember having heard it before.
I've written it down, so hopefully I remember next time.

There have been a lot of good cats, and quite a few good dogs,
crossed over the bridge, it's nice to think they're living the good
life in heaven, playing, healthy, and young again, without any
cares. Cats have always fascinated me. They can be as loyal
and affectionate as any dog, or more so, in some cases.

--
:-)
Don't let the Zombies get you!!!!

Old February 20th 15, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamont

wrote:
Lord Bergamot wrote:

My cats get soaking wet, then track mud everywhere.

During the hottest part of summer, I put the cats in the
stock tank, and let them swim. I had two male cats
that would get under a full stream of water, and bite at
it like a dog does.

Further proof (if any cat person needed it) that one cannot EVER
truthfully say anything beginning with "All cats ..."! (Cats can swim
if they have to, it's just that most of them prefer not to.) I keep
spray bottles of water around the house to discourage mine from
unacceptable behaviour, but I had one cat who would ignore the spray
until he was dripping wet, if he were doing something HE wanted to do!

Isn't it funny the way a cat will give you the
look, when they're trying to ignore you, or
defy you.

--
:-)
Don't let the Zombies get you!!!!