Yesterday was National Cat-Washing Day

Old April 26th 07, 09:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default Yesterday was National Cat-Washing Day

I meant to post this yesterday, but forgot: yesterday was "National
Cat-Washing Day", at least according to the almanac that is read each
morning, at the end of the 8:00 (AM) news broadcast on NPR.
So, did anyone do anything to celebrate? I hope it was also National
Hydrogen Peroxide Day and National IV Antibiotics Day.

Heh, once was enough for me (when Mir and Cal had to be dipped in a
ringworm medicine solution), and I had my sister to help me then. They
can bl**dy well wash themselves.

I've been reasonably successful at this. The trick is total immersion.
I run a human-sized bath, then put a washing-up bowl full of water in
it. The bowl is for the shampooing, the bath is for rinsing the cat off.

Have everything ready and then *quickly* carry the cat through to the
bathroom and drop it in the bowl before it has time to get suspicious.
Usually they're too surprised to react.

Old April 26th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Apr 25, 11:51 am, wrote:
Attention USers!

I meant to post this yesterday, but forgot: yesterday was "National
Cat-Washing Day", at least according to the almanac that is read each
morning, at the end of the 8:00 (AM) news broadcast on NPR.

So, did anyone do anything to celebrate? I hope it was also National
Hydrogen Peroxide Day and National IV Antibiotics Day.

And from the same source, today is National Duck Appreciation Day, among
other designations. It's also several International Days, but I didn't
catch anything beyond the Duck Appreciation. Hmm... Peking Duck, anyone?

Joyce

Heh, the only reason I'd EVER try to bathe a cat would be if it came
home covered with car oil, or some other substance that would make the
cat sick if they tried to wash it off, themselves. =o) Otherwise, I
figure they know how to keep themselves clean far better than I ever
could! And leaving it up to them ensures my arms won't get
shredded. I've got enough cat scratch scars already, thank you!

Duck Appreciation Day? Why did no one TELL me??? =o) Ah well, I did
enjoy my dinner of Thai roast duck curry on Monday night.

Melissa

Old May 2nd 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Apr 25, 11:51 am, wrote:
Attention USers!

I meant to post this yesterday, but forgot: yesterday was "National
Cat-Washing Day", at least according to the almanac that is read each
morning, at the end of the 8:00 (AM) news broadcast on NPR.

So, did anyone do anything to celebrate? I hope it was also National
Hydrogen Peroxide Day and National IV Antibiotics Day.

And from the same source, today is National Duck Appreciation Day, among
other designations. It's also several International Days, but I didn't
catch anything beyond the Duck Appreciation. Hmm... Peking Duck, anyone?

Joyce

Ummm.... aren't they supposed to be self cleaning? =o)

Melissa