That "prey" sound

Old September 10th 05, 08:22 PM
Kwaaazee Kaaaatz

Default That "prey" sound

Gabey8 wrote:

Melody snip boring crap

**** you're boring. You spend a lot of Saturday nights alone dontcha?
Old September 10th 05, 08:23 PM
Kwaaazee Kaaaatz

Kreisleriana wrote:

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:01:16 -0400, "Gabey8"
yodeled:

Melody (RB) did that, too. I learned to recognize her "Come running! I
caught something" sound pretty darn quickly, after she uttered it right
before dropping a LIVE bug at my feet. (I have a really major bug
phobia.)

In Melody's case, she'd holler, "AaaaAAAAOW! AaaaAAAAOW!" at the top of
her lungs, while holding said bug in her mouth. The first time she did it,
I got scared that she was sick or hurt. Until she dropped the bug in front
of me, and I nearly had a heart attack, lol.

From then on, every time I heard her make that noise, I knew what it
meant. From HER point of view, it might have been an attempt to teach me
to hunt like a feline. To my mind, it meant, "Oh, no. A bug. Where's my
shoe, so I can dispatch it rapidly, human style?"

It's so funny how the POVs are different. There are people who think
of cats as a means of "pest control,"

I tend to think of cats as moving targets or road pizza

That "prey" sound Karen Cat anecdotes 15 September 11th 05 03:39 PM
She makes her own sound effects Bridget Cat anecdotes 23 June 7th 05 07:59 PM
I love the sound... Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 2 March 23rd 05 04:16 AM
"Putting on Clothes With Mommy" CatNipped Cat anecdotes 76 July 8th 04 11:49 PM
stopping a cat bringing in prey thru cat door? Alex Longfield Cat health & behaviour 4 August 7th 03 09:27 PM