mine heaf repurt.

Old June 24th 11, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Default mine heaf repurt.

Auntie Carol gramby sayz u iz rite me anna Piglett kept having fectionz in
out own earz. We wud dig anna dig. Den her onliee boughted fudz where Corn
was da fith ingredient anna it got sum bedder. Den Auntio soft tole her
bout diz blu wildernez stuff anna our earz iz bedder.

"cshenk" wrote in message

Storrmmee wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

iza buffaloz wildernezz inna same famblee aza blue wildernezz...ted
telled soft dat her duzint like da fudz wut say "limited" ingreedintz
beclawz hersef cownted... anna da onez regulur hoominz can say iz 12
of dem, her awso sayz dat one ofur isue iz dat inna kind soft getted
uses iz dat duck iza fudz dey fedz ifin a kitty gets 'lergeez anna
ifin one of uses haza 'lergic reachun dat itz owt... her liksa
protieenz fur yunger kitteez, so barbi mh anna storrmmee kan haffa
bule wilderness... chester "Ranger Greykitten"

Meowmie is gonna answr gud fuds fur maiself.

Daisy-chan, the Magnifiscent!!

Hi! Carol here, Not gonna try cat chat (grin).

There is a difference. Potentially a cat that needs a limited protien
intake can't have blue wildrness and not sure if blue buffalo has a
special diet section suitable for a reduced protien diet.

Blue Wilderness- 6 star rated ( see dogfoodanalysis.com and ther isn't
a site for cat food but the info is relatively the same). This is a
truely quality grain free food. My local store carries 3 versions for
cats (duck, salmon, chicken).

Blue Buffalo- less expensive and not grain free, but still a quality
production product with a solid rating of 4 and a few 5's. Rates
higher than wellness now as welness has cheapened the product somewhat
in the last 3 years. If you cat has no grain issues, blue buffalo is a
very decent brand and wellness of course is ok. Warning though,
wellness is going the way of science diet and IAMs, trading on earlier
reputation and no longer all that 'special'.

If you have a cat with allergies, it is almost always wheat, corn, or
soy. Same for dogs BTW and symptoms are very close for both types.

Per my vet: most people who *think* their pet has some sort of meat
allergie, actually have a wheat, corn or soy allergy but do not know
how (or maybe don't bother?) to read labels. The most common one per
my vet is 'my cat is allergic to beef'. No, you cat is allergic to
wheat and you are getting cans with 'gravy' so it looks nice to your
eyes and that gravy is almost always wheat gluten though occasionally
you find corn starch (same problem, corn allergy).

I have the dratted luck to have 3 pets who are all wheat/corn/soy
intolerant. Well, actually I'm not totally sure on soy but the wheat
and corn are definate.

The signs in a cat or dog as said are very similar. Usually the first
sign is ear infections, commonly yeast based and recurrant. Daisy-chan
and Cash can take 2 bites on a non-grain free food to develop this.

Next common thing is itchy patchy fur and excess licking expecially
belly for cats and feet/toes for dogs. Aunti Mabel arrived with spots
gnawed raw and no fur on her belly which was literally seeping clear
fluid. Cases like her's can look very much like mange. She's still
battling ear infection issues because it was allowed to go on so long,
the vets don't know what to do anymore. She has some very expensive
tests on the 28th to see if they can figure it out. She is an extreme
case of grain allergy and may be one of the few with other allergies
but that's what the tests will help determine.

Things to look for in the label: wheat, wheat gluten, gluten, corn,
corn starch, soy, soy protien, wheat solids. There are others but
those are the more common ones.

Treats matter too! You see in our 'chat' that Daisy-chan and the
pooches get jerky treats. They also get lots of 'Chez Shenk's' special
meals like pig blood with chopped pig liver, shrimp (whole or heads,
with shell), home made bone broth every day except when I run low and
they get dashi (grain free fish broth from powder) and lots of other
grain-free things. My vet says even the folks who 'get it' with the
standard canned or kibble, tend to forget this one. 'oh have a nibble
of my samwich' (wheat bread). 'But it was just a nibble!' doesnt work
here.

I fostered another elderly dog (17-18) dog who is since RB. He had no
grain issues at all. He just had to have his daily fix of milk bone
biscuits like all the years before or he'd feel like he 'wasn't a good
boy'. His owner died before him but had fed him 2 every day sharp at
4pm as a snack to tide over until dinner. Grin, we of course *tried*
jerky on him for it but ended up getting his favorite milk bones just
for him after 2 days. That was 'Unca Sammy' which you may see in the
archives.

Meowmie Carol for Daisy-chan

Old June 24th 11, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Meowmee purrintid diz owt, an I betch I gets mooor proteen,
an maybe effin get juzt uh bit lezz flufee...I olny gaynt 4 ownzez
inna yeer, but u kno TEDz!
--
Pitô.ônya

Old June 24th 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

some of the fancee feetz iz az gud az or betterer dan da more spensif
stuffz, juzt readsa labelz, datz all, anna mine ted sayz wetz fudz shuld
onlee bea tweet anna notsa regulurz fudz, which i minesef duzint 'greez wif
beclawz i wul purfur wet allatime but TED sayz no, storrmmee

"The Two Sisters" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:56:35 -0500, Storrmmee wrote:

my vet is very cautious about reccomending foods, when we started on
wellness was when tiger got crystals, i know it probablt didin't cause
them

Anaïs had to switch to Royal Canine S-39 Urinary for her crystals,
and she eventually got used to it. And it did stop the crystals.

The breeder I bought Cybèle and Oriane from feeds Wellness and Blue
Wilderness DUck, so I followed suit; they both like it.

For reasons unknown, she fed Fancy Feet gushy food, which is about 35
cents a can here, and all of the other breeders took a hissy fit at
that. I'm giving it to them now until they get comfy here, but I will
switch them to Blue and Wellness wet foods gradually. They're such
tiny little things, a 3 oz can lasts for 3 feedings, so I can
certainly afford the better wet foods - as long as I am working.

And I keep my fingers crossed: there are over 800 unemployed lawyers
in the Greater NYC area (most of them from the financial industries)
and very few jobs. I pray to the Lord every night - at my age I have
no chance if I get laid-off again - there are recent law-school grads
who are taking jobs from Craigslist at $32,500..... Ooops, sorry for
the human digression....

--
Purrs,

Cybèle & Oriane

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by
little, the cats become its visible soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

6/23/2011 7:34:50 PM

Old June 24th 11, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

dat kuld be, tedz iz beree strange, Trudi
"The Two Sisters" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:08:00 -0500, Storrmmee wrote:

da strang thing iz dat alla dat fur frum shafed belliez iz gowin
sumwherez
but i nefur seez itsef when i iz atta TEDZ, chester

Maybe dey makes sweaterz from itz. Mine Human saw a wady on Catz 101
who makes purses frum Purrsian furz day she kollekts after groomink...
--
Purrs,

Cybèle & Oriane

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by
little, the cats become its visible soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

6/23/2011 7:43:00 PM

Old June 24th 11, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

be kareful wiffa TED, she telled soft i needed lezz protienz, anna dat it
wulint hurt trudi or oej, butted, hrmph!!! mh, brbi anna storrmmee getz
"suppliminted" which meanz dey iz gonna getz owrz meat snakeez, i juzt know
it!!!, chester

Old June 25th 11, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Storrmmee wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

my vet is very cautious about reccomending foods, when we started on
wellness was when tiger got crystals, i know it probablt didin't
cause them but once on the c/d he never got another one, and for an
older cat to not reoccur is not usualy l. she didn't have anything
bbad to say about any of the wilderness except the one that says its
limited ingr. in her opinion 12 is not limited... her only other
concern in general is that duck is often used as a control food so
feeding it on a regular basis removes it from that role.

Grin, it's not a food that was designed for any special medical diet
other than 'grain free' which as I gather, has little to do with
crystal formations.

now that chester needs lower protien we are on some food i honestly
don't know what, for some reason i didn't ask dh. vet tech says all
of these kidney foods are fine for chester, oej and trudi, but we
will have to supplement the other three because they are so much
younger.

It wouldnt be Blue wilderness then. Wrong food for him. Even the blue
buffalo side of their foods would probably not be right? I haven't
looked that close at that line.

vet's final statement is the truest statement about catfood, and
dogfood for that matter, it was: "there is no perfect food, each cat,
and each family of cats have a "best for" them and that differs from
household to household..."

Yup! Thats because conditions vary. Chester would not be well off on
what Daisy-chan eats other than the broth. Her diet is very high
protien with lots of added broth. Kibble for her is a side treat as
she's mostly on canned grain free food.
Old June 25th 11, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

The Two Sisters wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Grin, Daisy-chan gets probably 75% of her wet foods from Fancy Feast.
If you read the labels, about 4 of every 10 types they sell are grain
free. The other 25% are a variety of grain free ones swapped about so
she doesnt get too settled on one brand (leading to food issues if it
has to be changed).

Frankly, fancy feast gets a bum wrap from folks who don't know what to
look for on the ingredient lists. I bet your breeder lady *does* know
wht to look for and is selecting the same versions I do plus perhaps
the ones with tuna (which Daisy-chan will not touch). I will grant
you 'meat by-products' are used but that means the stray parts of the
'animal' such as intestines, crushed bones, etc that in the wild they
would be eating.

Current batch: (I always get 3 different cases then mix them up so she
gets something different each feeding): Salmon and Shrimp feast
classic, Tender Beef Feast classic, Chopped grill feast classic. Don't
let the 'classic' throw you. They had a sale on the classic versions
last trip so with my added 2$ off per case coupons I pretty much got 6
'free cans' per 24.

And I keep my fingers crossed: there are over 800 unemployed lawyers
in the Greater NYC area (most of them from the financial industries)
and very few jobs. I pray to the Lord every night - at my age I have
no chance if I get laid-off again - there are recent law-school grads
who are taking jobs from Craigslist at $32,500..... Ooops, sorry for
the human digression....

Smile, well wishes and purrs mixed with waggy tails from here!

Old June 25th 11, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Storrmmee wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

some of the fancee feetz iz az gud az or betterer dan da more spensif
stuffz, juzt readsa labelz, datz all, anna mine ted sayz wetz fudz
shuld onlee bea tweet anna notsa regulurz fudz, which i minesef
duzint 'greez wif beclawz i wul purfur wet allatime but TED sayz no,
storrmmee

YupYup! Mai meowmie sez iffin you has lots of broth anna water itz ok
to eat dry but she's had lots of other kittahs since 1978 anna finds
gooshy fuds fed most of the time wif crunchies as a treat is gudgud fur
us. Den she says it dependz onna sum udder stuff a kittah may haf like
poor Chester.

Iz hopin dat da Trout cans iz onna sale soon. Dez GreatGudGud! Iz
dont blame meowmie fur sales shopping doe, as she's feeding us 3 4foots
purrty gud.

She's off making our nooner meal now soz i gets the computer fur a bit.
Oh! Aunti Mabel just runned in all excited! Meowmie tooked out a
baggie ob porky blud anna is choppin porky liver inna little bits!
Gotta go watch!!!

Daisy-chan, the Magnifiscent!!

Old June 25th 11, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Gramby wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Auntie Carol gramby sayz u iz rite me anna Piglett kept having
fectionz in out own earz. We wud dig anna dig. Den her onliee
boughted fudz where Corn was da fith ingredient anna it got sum
bedder. Den Auntio soft tole her bout diz blu wildernez stuff anna
our earz iz bedder.

YupYup. When I wuz catched frum the long outside dark years, iz neber
had anny wheat cuz kittahs dont eat dat or corn. Den dey gived maiself
purina pro fud cause it's 'gud' fur unnderwieght kittahs anna mai ears
started itchin. Dat lasted til i picked out meowmie to take maiself
home anna she tooked one look ana made me go back to gooshy fuds wif no
grain.

It tooked a bit as I'd learned 'crunchy is gudgud' but she gave maiself
gud crunchies den swapped to mostly gooshy wif some crunchies anna i
remembered dat wunnerful full feeling of eating a whole mousie.

Rite now wez all waiting fur meowmie to hurrah up anna finish warmin
our nooner. Itz sitting inna pot of hothot water dat wus bubbling and
spitting butz turned off naow anna wez gotta wait. *sigh* she wuz a
little late cause she wuz playing on the computer soz I took it fur now
but iz ok. Cash anna Aunti Mabel wuz so excited, dez had to use dat
OUT spots fur doggies fur a bit or deyd mebby pee onna da rug inna
exciterment. Silly doggies.

Daisy-chan, the Magnifiscent!!
Old June 25th 11, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

the crystal issue i think is ash and alakaline, not sure if thats right, but
tiger couldn't have any fish products while chicken and bef were fine...

chester is or rather was on the blue wilderness, and for once all six of
them liked it, sorta like when we went to wellness... less shedding, less
ear issues... but now chester needs less protien, so the vet food is the
"free fed" food and when they go into the penthouse.MH and barbi will get
the wilderness to supplement, oej and trudi will get vet food, and storrmmee
will go to jail early to get wet food which will be removed before chester
goes in, chester is also not allowed any high protien people food which he
really likes... soft