Cold feet and ears - is this a concern?

Old October 25th 05, 10:00 PM
Juls

Default Cold feet and ears - is this a concern?

Jasmine (about 5-6 months old) seems to have cold feet pads and ears.
I've noticed it a few times, and just checked Jack's feet and ears, and
his are warm. So I don't think I'm keeping the house too cold.

I just can't recall a cat having cold feet and ears before...is this a
concern, or is it no big deal? She seems otherwise very healthy (and
was at the vet a couple of weeks ago, who pronounced her very healthy).

I've only noticed it the last couple of days, since it turned really
cool outside. It may be that she sits a lot on windowsills, where it's
cooler.

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g
Old October 25th 05, 11:17 PM
Paul M. Cook

"Juls" wrote in message
Jasmine (about 5-6 months old) seems to have cold feet pads and ears.
I've noticed it a few times, and just checked Jack's feet and ears, and
his are warm. So I don't think I'm keeping the house too cold.

I just can't recall a cat having cold feet and ears before...is this a
concern, or is it no big deal? She seems otherwise very healthy (and
was at the vet a couple of weeks ago, who pronounced her very healthy).

I've only noticed it the last couple of days, since it turned really
cool outside. It may be that she sits a lot on windowsills, where it's
cooler.

Juls, she's fine. Happens all the time. My cats feet are like icicles
sometimes and like branding irons others. Perhaps if they were very cold,
discolored and she had trouble walking I'd be concerned. The event she has
something like poor circulation are pretty low and you'd see other signs.
She's just a typical female, cold feet and all.

Paul

Old October 25th 05, 11:30 PM
Juls

In article fay7f.6251$tl5.4999@trnddc02, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

"Juls" wrote in message
[...]

ha! It's funny, I hadn't really realized what a difference in girl and
boy cats there is. I hadn't had a girly cat since I was a kid. She's a
pip.

Thanks for the info!

Old October 25th 05, 11:30 PM
cybercat

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"Juls" wrote in message
[...]

I agree. Just like Juls' cats, one of my cats has warm ears and feet all the
time
and the other has cold. The only trouble it causes is when we insist on
pulling the
cold one under the covers to warm her up. She doesn't like that!