Sleep would have been nice

Old September 24th 04, 02:50 PM
TBird

Default Sleep would have been nice

I was really tired when we went to bed. Even forgot to cover and put away
the dinner leftovers. Got in bed, kiss good night, passed out cold, started
dreaming.

About that damn movie Alien. The dream started where Aliens left off - the
thing had climbed onto the bottom of the ship and they landed on earth with
it and someone handed out marijauna that automatically impregnated people
with the Alien embryos. Then the dream got wierd - Duncan MacLeod (from the
Highlander TV series) was there to save the day. Now how gruesome a thought
is that? Immortal incubators - he incubates the alien fetus, it rips out of
the Immortal, he heals, and it can be done over and over again. YIKES!

Thankfully (?) I was woken up from that dream by a nineteen pound cat
dragging his considerable bulk over my hip so he could get between me and
DH, purr like a small tractor, then body slam himself down on my shoulder.

I almost got back to sleep, but the little cat decided to jump up and nestle
against my shin bone. Okay - I can handle this.

Until the big cat decides to attack the little cat, and then I am obliged to
give him a flying lesson, hoping she has gotten out of his way by the time
he lands.

They take the fight into the hall.

Okay. Close my eyes, think peaceful thoughts... but the nineteen pound cat
is back to repeat earlier purr-body slam combo. No problem.

Until he decides to wash himself. Nineteen pound cat on my shoulder now
washing his chest in thundering movements that threaten to bounce the bed
across the room, accompanied by Joes very special sloppy slurping noises.
"No," says I, and I lay my arm across his body to stop the slurping bouncing
bath. He relents. I close my eyes.

Joe launches himself up and decides to walk down DH to sleep on his foot.

I roll over and close my eyes.

The alarm goes off.

I am told that cats lower our blood pressure, they are good for us, they
help us relax. I guess that's true if it means you are too tired to get
upset about anything....

TBird ---- not buyin' it

Old September 24th 04, 03:28 PM
Karen

I am told that cats lower our blood pressure, they are good for us, they
help us relax. I guess that's true if it means you are too tired to get
upset about anything....

TBird ---- not buyin' it

Heh. I also wonder about this too, what with when you have to worry about
them. "Is this sickness or an off day? Why didn't you meow me awake this
morning? Are you sick? Hmmm. She ate, but she is kind of huddling. Are you
huddling?" Yes, Pearl seems out of sorts this morning. For the first time in
two years (at least I don't remember her doing this before) she didn't get
out of her bed for breakfast. She didn't meow at me. She did eat a bit, but
then usually she goes and scratches on the scratching post, but today she
meatloafed. *sigh*. I will see what lunchtime brings.

Old September 24th 04, 03:33 PM
idohair

"TBird" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

oh my god! i can so relate, the only worse th ing is having the cats

wrestle on the bed with the dog....... cant they see we are sleeping??just
crazy

sandra

Old September 24th 04, 07:46 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:28:25 -0500, "Karen"
wrote:

Heh. I also wonder about this too, what with when you have to worry about
them. "Is this sickness or an off day? Why didn't you meow me awake this
morning? Are you sick? Hmmm. She ate, but she is kind of huddling. Are you
huddling?" Yes, Pearl seems out of sorts this morning. For the first time in
two years (at least I don't remember her doing this before) she didn't get
out of her bed for breakfast. She didn't meow at me. She did eat a bit, but
then usually she goes and scratches on the scratching post, but today she
meatloafed. *sigh*. I will see what lunchtime brings.

Aw purrs that it's just the change in the seasons and not some
forewarning of possible illness.

If I pay attention I can tell when the weather is going to change by
watching LB and Rocky - Sammy seems to be useless for weather
forecasting (except for a couple hours before thunderstorms) -
probably since she has never had to worry about finding shelter in the
OUT.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]