Catnip again

Old October 22nd 04, 11:08 PM
Christina Websell

Default Catnip again

Well, I refused to give up. A week or two ago I bought my two cats a catnip
mouse after reading on the group how much cats liked them and I wanted to
give them a treat.
No go. No interest whatsoever, but it seemed to have no scent so I took
advice from the group and today I bought a catnip spray, costing £3.97, a
not inconsiderable sum for someone who is "on the sick."
I was also encouraged by the post about the smashed Siamese. I thought I'd
like my cats to have a bit of off the planet enjoyment.
It came with a tiny maybe 1" long furry mouse tied on the top of the spray..
I got home, sprayed the little mouse, and put it in front of Kitty's nose -
she was asleep in front of the fire. She didn't move. I spoke to her to
wake her up. "Hey, Kitty, look what you've got!" and dangled it in front of
her face. She looked, sniffed, and went back to sleep.

Boyfriend came in and sat on the kitchen rug, so I offered the little furry
mouse to him, threw it near him so he might think it was a real one. He
wasn't fooled either. Just for a few seconds he caught it up in his paws
and sniffed it, but when it stayed attached to a claw he didn't like it and
I had to get it off.
So I tried the original catnip mouse, a cloth one, sprayed it with the
catnip spray, threw it over to BF and he immediately decided he had urgent
business in the garden.

Anyone interested in buying a catnip spray, only two sprays gone and with a
nice little furry mouse to go along with it? Mine must be immune.

Tweed

Old October 23rd 04, 12:41 AM
Brigitte

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

My cats are only affected by fresh catnip I grow myself. I've never had
them react to catnip purchased at the store.

Brigitte

Old October 23rd 04, 01:56 AM
dhelderman

My cats love any kind of catnip. Even the store bought stuff ginger will
roll around in when i put some out on the floor for her. She acts like
she's in ecstasy. Max has always reminded me of some surfer dude so when he
gets into i swear he looks at you like DUDE!!! Where'd you cop this at??
I've never tried fresh catnip on them though. Ginger would probably O.D. on
the real stuff. She already will walk around with drool haning from her
chin. I tell her its not very lady like, but at that stage I don't think
she really cares.

dhelderman

Old October 23rd 04, 02:34 AM
MaryL

[...]

Loosely wrap the mouse in plastic wrap or even a paper towell, then
microwave for a few seconds. That often "wakes up" the scent. It is even a
good idea to put a few toy mice in a plastic bag (preferably the zip-lock
type), sprinkle some catnip in the bag, and close it up for a few days. The
toys "marinate" in the catnip, and this might appeal to your cats -- and
with no additional expense because you probably have all of the
"ingredients."

MaryL