Have your cats lost weight?

Old May 29th 05, 04:50 PM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:
Helen Wheels wrote:
Susan M wrote:

You can imagine the scene:

My friend Elena comes over, sees the boys and says, "Wow - have your
cats lost weight???"
Me, a little pleased and self conscious "Why yes - I'm sooooo glad
you noticed!!"

Struck me as funny - but boy have they slimmed down and look sleek
now. They could both use tummy tucks but I love them just the way
they are

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Slim cats

Congratulations to your little fellers.

Not too long ago, my brother's d*g went on a calorie controlled diet
at his vet's recommendation. He was so successful that he won the
practice's doggy weight watcher of the month award.

The prize was a big bag of dog food.

ROFL! To be doled out slowly, I suppose!

Jill

Maybe this Italian boy would like it,

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Dieting boy ate dog's dinner

The parents of a dieting Italian boy have worked out why he was still
putting on weight - he was stealing the dog's dinner.

They solved the mystery when the dog bit the boy on the bottom and they
realised he had been eating the pet's food.

The 10-year-old from Frosinone was told to go on a diet after he tipped
the scales at seven stone and 12 pounds.

The boy's father told local media they had noticed the dog was looking
thin, but had not made the connection.

The boy's parents have reportedly asked their doctor to devise a lighter
diet for their son.

Old May 31st 05, 02:14 PM
Jane

The last time I took Fin to the vet for a checkup, he checked out as
'very healthy for his age' (almost 11). He'd always eaten the pet
store food, with some grocery-store cat crunchies as treats once in
awhile. But at 17 lbs,the doc wanted him to lose at least 3 lbs.
So, I bought him the 'diet' pet store kitty crunchies. (Nutra Max)

A week later I found him dead on the living room floor.

I'm NEVER putting a cat on a diet again. Ever. I don't care if it's
not related, it just leaves a bad feeling in my mind. Fin never was
a 'freefed' cat anyway. He got his one handful a day, with no human food
added (he wouldn't touch it).

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old June 1st 05, 12:57 AM
Shiral

Pan's top weight was about 9 pounds when he was in his prime. Now he's
an older gentleman, he's holding his own at about 7 pounds. I'd like
him fatter, but he's always been a rather dainty, picky eater. Giving
extra treats to only ONE of three cats doesn't work, too well, even
when I give him a few chicken scraps, now and then. He nibbles a few
mouthfuls and then wanders away from his bowl, which is not good
strategy around my shameless girls. Francesca I estimate is about 8-9
pounds and she looks very good at that weight. Nina is fine now, but
I'm going to have to work out a way to keep her from getting much
heavier er, that is "fluffier" as her appetite appears boundless, and I
think she and her mother are about the same weight. I may have to
start feeding them in different rooms to make sure Pan gets his full
share and that Nina doesn't get MORE than her share.

Melissa