can cats learn words?

Old May 21st 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.politics.homosexuality
Jaye Elke

Default can cats learn words?

bobandcarole wrote:
On May 20, 10:20�pm, T wrote:
In article .com,
says...

On May 19, 6:47�=3Fpm, T wrote:
In article .com,
says...
On May 18, 5:55 am, "
wrote:
I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
meowing loudly where ever I am.
Sure they can understand words. My Grady cat had quite a large
vocabulary and so does my Tillie. "come up" and she will hop up on my
lap. If she seems undecided I say "let's hug" and then she will come
up. "come on" and she comes along with me.
"want a bite?" "let's go to bed" �"treat" she knows she is "Tillie."
"its OK " seems to calm her if she is startled. If she is sitting on
my lap and a bell rings she knows I have to answer it. Door bell,
phone, kitchen timer she jumps right down. She probably understands a
lot more than she lets on. She seems to respond best to the things she
wants to.
All the cats I've had understand patting ones hand on ones lap. That
means "Come on up!"
Are you still molesting cats???

Screw you Bob. Do you know the definition of harrasment? Because what
you're doing is harrasment and violates several statutes.

So sue me...

We intend to, Blob.
Old May 21st 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.politics.homosexuality
Jaye Elke

bobandcarole.. wrote:
On May 20, 9:58?pm, "bob&carole." wrote:
On May 20, 9:49?pm, ScottyFLL wrote:

On May 20, 9:31 pm, bobandcarole wrote:
On May 19, 6:47?pm, T wrote:
In article .com,
says...
On May 18, 5:55 am, "
wrote:
[...]
How's Carole's "juicy shave *cat* that squirts"?

Still eating **** and threatening to sue the people
that put you in your place?

Loser Blob posted a forgery of Scotty and everyone knows it was a
forgery, but Blob still refers to it as his "proof", while on the other
hand Scotty pointed out Blob's swinger ads, which everyone knows are
genuine, but which Blob denies (making a fool of himself even further).
If you look up the word "loser" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture
of Blob.
Old May 21st 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.politics.homosexuality
bobandcarole[_3_]

On May 20, 11:02?pm, Jaye Elke wrote:
bobandcarole wrote:
On May 20, 10:20 pm, T wrote:
In article .com,
says...

On May 19, 6:47 =3Fpm, T wrote:
In article .com,
says...
On May 18, 5:55 am, "
wrote:
[...]

You've been babbling that drivel for over a year, what's the holdup?

"We can find him! This has nothing to do with stalking either, as Blob
has
alleged. This is so we can file a lawsuit against him for what he's
done to
us and to our news group" --confused, flustrated faggot Jay Elke,a
veritable combination of Inspector Clouseau and Tinkerbell.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...babe143?&hl=en

Old May 21st 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
rachel polanskis

In article . com,
" wrote:

Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
incredible.

It takes a lot of effort, but it works. You have to talk to your
cat all the time and be consistent. It's best to start when they're
young.

Cleo Carrington Smith understands many words, mostly to to
do with different kinds of food, going to bed, plus some commands
including "no", "get down", "come" and so on. Also, I talk
about her "poo box" a lot and she knows that means I am either
wanting her to use it, or I am going to clean it, as the poo boxes
are very important business to her.

I am sure she understands a lot. But it comes down to using
the same words and phrases in a consistent way. My partner Rob
talks to Cleo a lot. He's also very good at calming her down.

She also understands a few hand signals and things we do when
we touch her.

But it takes a long time to get to this point. I think we were
lucky and we both put a lot of time into her, ending up with
a cat who is far more than a pet and really a companion!

rachel
Old May 21st 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.politics.homosexuality
Jude Alexander

"ScottyFLL" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 20, 9:58 pm, "bob&carole." wrote:
On May 20, 9:49?pm, ScottyFLL wrote:

On May 20, 9:31 pm, bobandcarole wrote:

On May 19, 6:47?pm, T wrote:

In article .com,
says...

On May 18, 5:55 am, "

wrote:
[...]

Speaking of putting people in their place, let's revisit yet again
your vile BISEXUAL EXTRA-MARITAL GROUP ****FEST ad posted to
alt.personals.BIG-FOLKS:

"we are a white cpl, 40s, looking for bi female, or cpl w/bi female
for hot times. she is 5/7 fullfigured, 44dd tits, and a juicy shaved
pussy that squirts when she cums. he is 6/1 225, hairy chest, short
beard, and 7 inches. we seek people in the louisville, southern
indiana area. we can exchange pics. if interested, email
"

Subject: SOUTHERN INDIANA COUPLE SEEKS.......
Date: 2000/03/15

Blob's adulterous group-sex ad looking for bi female or couple:
http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?i...screenslz4.jpg

Detail from the above ad:
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sonaladfe2.jpg

A post from the year 2000 referencing the vile ad:
http://groups.google.com/group/trian...dc58ebcd7fce6f

Is THAT for real? Did you make this up or did you really find this on the
web?

Old May 22nd 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.politics.homosexuality
Jaye Elke

bobandcarole wrote:
On May 20, 11:02?pm, Jaye Elke wrote:
bobandcarole wrote:
On May 20, 10:20 pm, T wrote:
In article .com,
says...
On May 19, 6:47 =3Fpm, T wrote:
In article .com,
says...
On May 18, 5:55 am, "
wrote:
[...]

We will find you, "bobandcarole812@webtv". "812" for the southern
Indiana telephone area code!
Old May 22nd 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.politics.homosexuality
bob&carole

Default can cats learn words? no but faggot jay thinks he is as smart as a cat..LOL

On May 21, 9:49?pm, Jaye Elke wrote:
bobandcarole wrote:
On May 20, 11:02?pm, Jaye Elke wrote:
bobandcarole wrote:
On May 20, 10:20 pm, T wrote:
In article .com,
says...
On May 19, 6:47 =3Fpm, T wrote:
In article .com,
says...
On May 18, 5:55 am, "
wrote:
[...]

As usual, you Ate ONE Too....LOL

And as usual, faggot jay has absolutely no proof whatsoever
to back his obvious lies. faggot jay is a typical flustrated queer
that ****es his panties and whines like a baby when the truth
regarding his perverse lifestyle is shoved down his sperm
coated throat.

It is amusing watching him flail about in utter flustration
trying to locate me. :-)

"We can find him! This has nothing to do with stalking either, as Blob
has
alleged. This is so we can file a lawsuit against him for what he's
done to
us and to our news group" --confused, flustrated faggot Jay Elke,a
veritable combination of Inspector Clouseau and Tinkerbell.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...babe143?&hl=en

faggot jaye isn't intelligent enough to find me or anybody else for
that matter.
He will continue to run his dicksucker and we will continue to watch
him fail.
faggot jaye is nothing more than cheap entertainment.

Old May 22nd 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.politics.homosexuality
bob&carole[_2_]

On May 20, 11:06�pm, Jaye Elke wrote:
bobandcarole.. wrote:
On May 20, 9:58?pm, "bob&carole." wrote:
On May 20, 9:49?pm, ScottyFLL wrote:

On May 20, 9:31 pm, bobandcarole wrote:
On May 19, 6:47?pm, T wrote:
In article .com,
says...
On May 18, 5:55 am, "
wrote:
[...]

Cites? ANY proof at all faggot? ANYTHING???

but which Blob denies (making a fool of himself even further).
If you look up the word "loser" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture
of Blob.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks
for stealing that from me :-)

You're a fool jaye, I can't wait to read your latest antics
everyday! It's better than reading the sunday comics.
Please continue to look for me, your failures are one
of the highlights of my day :-)

Old May 22nd 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Fred G. Mackey[_2_]

cybercat wrote:
"Claude V. Lucas" wrote

Sure they can!

Some can even learn to speak English.

Bubba seems to be able to speak the word "NO" very clearly
whenever I do something that he doesn't want me to do like
pick him up or comb out his fur or clip his sharp points.

plant in "Little Shop of Horrors.

haahaha!!!

Gracie understands love words because of my tone.

Tone is a very large part of it, although I think they can get the hang
of certain words.

My cat knows what "No" mean, even though she sometimes ignores it. She
also seems to know that "goddammit" is a very emphatic "no", although
granted it's usually said more emphatically.

As an experiment, I've tried saying "goddammit" in a loving tone. She
looks somewhat confused when I do this as if she's thinking 'that's the
BAD word, but he's saying it so nicely'.

I pet her
and look at her and kind of draw the words out in a smooth,
melodious voice and she closes her eyes and smiles.

Yes, they do smile!

And how about that "happy to see you" stretch and yawn,
head down, ears back, tail curled over the back, with the
little chirp that says, "well, hi, there you are, I thought you'd
never wake up, do you hear those birds out there, let's get
something to eat, what do you think Boo is doing?"

Old May 22nd 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Fred G. Mackey[_2_]

Cheryl wrote:
On Fri 18 May 2007 02:55:58a, wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com:

Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object
is? Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see
the can of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I
mean it's incredible.

Yes. They are smart creatures. Mine have even learned that the red
dot projected by a laser pointer is coming from something in my
hand. They know the sound it makes when I pick it up (a slight
clink sound that is barely audible to me).

Mine too - in fact, she's more interested in the device now than she is
with the red dot, which she's figured out is pointless to chase.

The other day, I bought a laser pattern projector device which displays
random patterns - or patterns in response to music on the wall, floor,
ceiling - wherever.

It took her all of about 15 minutes to figure out that it came from this
new device. I'm a bit worried about letting her have a clear view of
the laser though as it warns not to stare into it.

As smart as she is, I don't think she's figured out what "Don't stare
directly at the laser" means.

One of Rhett's favorite
activities is supervising me scooping the litterboxes and comes
running when he hears the crinkly sound of a grocery bag, and leads
the way running to the litterboxes in the order that I scoop them.

They of course know the words eat, outside, toy, bug, medicine
(Shamrock), no, good boy (even the girls respond to "good boy"),
and many more.

Cats are intelligent creatures, and if they had thumbs they'd
probably take over the world.

Well, they wouldn't take over the world, only because they'd be too busy
grooming themselves, chasing things and jumping into people's laps.

They're too smart to actually want to take over. If they did, then
they'd have to take care of us.