I think fall is finally here

Old October 7th 05, 01:54 AM
Victor Martinez

Default I think fall is finally here

Today a cold front blew through, finally dropping our temperatures below
the mid 90's (mid 30's for those of you with a sensible system). I'm
hoping we won't have to turn the air conditioning on tomorrow.
That also means we might have more than a couple of cats in bed!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 7th 05, 03:07 AM
CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Today a cold front blew through, finally dropping our temperatures below
the mid 90's (mid 30's for those of you with a sensible system). I'm
hoping we won't have to turn the air conditioning on tomorrow.
That also means we might have more than a couple of cats in bed!

Yes, here in Houston it's forecast to be only 79F here tomorrow before going
back up into the 90s - I guess I should celebrate our 12 hours of fall in
preparation of our 24 hours of winter, then 12 hours of spring before summer
comes around again! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 7th 05, 03:19 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

CatNipped wrote:
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Today a cold front blew through, finally dropping our temperatures
below the mid 90's (mid 30's for those of you with a sensible
system). I'm hoping we won't have to turn the air conditioning on
tomorrow.
That also means we might have more than a couple of cats in bed!

Yes, here in Houston it's forecast to be only 79F here tomorrow
before going back up into the 90s - I guess I should celebrate our 12
hours of fall in preparation of our 24 hours of winter, then 12 hours
of spring before summer comes around again! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Here in Indiana - weather has been funky (not too unusual). Our blooming
dogwood tree has leaving turning for fall, berries from the flowers this
spring, and buds coming in! I could be wrong, but I seem to remember it
having buds last fall, too - maybe the buds start forming in the fall, then
go dormant over the winter, in order to get a jump-start on spring blooming?

Yesterday it was 80's F and humid, last night into the 50's F - didn't get
much above 65 F today, and now it's back down to 55 F and falling.

Old October 7th 05, 01:33 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Today a cold front blew through, finally dropping our temperatures
below the mid 90's (mid 30's for those of you with a sensible
system). I'm hoping we won't have to turn the air conditioning on
tomorrow.
That also means we might have more than a couple of cats in bed!

It's here *here* for a few days, at least. Right now it's 50F and will only
get to 79F today. (Too bad it was 90F when my electric went out the other
day.) Should have the same cooler weather tomorrow. I just brought in some
firewood so I can make sure the dampness is off; this evening I'll light a
fire. Persia loves to lay in front of the fire! I might even use my
fireplace corn-popper and make some popcorn But then, as is normal, it
will get hot for another week or so before fall really sets in.

Jill

Old October 7th 05, 04:26 PM
Ted Davis

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:54:58 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Today a cold front blew through, finally dropping our temperatures below
the mid 90's (mid 30's for those of you with a sensible system). I'm
hoping we won't have to turn the air conditioning on tomorrow.
That also means we might have more than a couple of cats in bed!

Here, it cooler - last night's low was in the mid 40s. The
hummingbirds have gone away, putting an end (for this year) to
photographing cats interacting (or not) with the birds at the feeder a
few inches away from their kitchen window shelf. The trees are
turning color.

When I went to bed last night, there were already seven of the twelve
cats on the bed. Before the night was over, at least nine had put in
an appearance on the bed. One more was on a shelf in the bedroom, one
was on my chair in the kitchen, and only one was unaccounted for, and
I suspect he was inside somewhere.

--
T.E.D. )
Old October 7th 05, 07:52 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:26:15 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:

[...]

And where did you fit into this picture? You must have a very big bed or
you sleep on the floor. MLB

Old October 7th 05, 09:20 PM
Ted Davis

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 18:52:40 +0000, mlbriggs
wrote:

[...]

Large bed - queen size: one does have to consider the space
requirements of the cats when choosing furniture. Fortunately, the
bedroom is very large (the other bedroom, used as a computer room, is
tiny).

Some of the cats sleep in heaps, especially Tigger (18 pounds) and
Millie (a bit under 6 pounds), and Dandy with anybody who'll have him.

--
T.E.D. )
Old October 7th 05, 10:27 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-10-07, Ted Davis penned:

Large bed - queen size: one does have to consider the space
requirements of the cats when choosing furniture. Fortunately, the
bedroom is very large (the other bedroom, used as a computer room,
is tiny).

I don't get it. Queen isn't all that large; on many nights, it seems
there isn't even room enough for me and DH to be comfortable on a
queen! Oscar, of course, takes up more than 1/3 the space all on her
own.

Some of the cats sleep in heaps, especially Tigger (18 pounds) and
Millie (a bit under 6 pounds), and Dandy with anybody who'll have
him.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old October 8th 05, 01:20 AM
Ted Davis

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:27:31 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2005-10-07, Ted Davis penned:

Large bed - queen size: one does have to consider the space
requirements of the cats when choosing furniture. Fortunately, the
bedroom is very large (the other bedroom, used as a computer room,
is tiny).

I don't get it. Queen isn't all that large; on many nights, it seems
there isn't even room enough for me and DH to be comfortable on a
queen! Oscar, of course, takes up more than 1/3 the space all on her
own.

Well, it's just me and the cats. I do have to admit that it does seem
crowded at times, especially when one or more of them decides to sleep
on top of me, or worse, to walk around demanding more petting. Tigger
is particularly stubborn about pushing me around to make room for
himself.

--
T.E.D. )
Old October 8th 05, 02:10 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

On 2005-10-07, Ted Davis penned:

Large bed - queen size: one does have to consider the space
requirements of the cats when choosing furniture. Fortunately, the
bedroom is very large (the other bedroom, used as a computer room,
is tiny).

I don't get it. Queen isn't all that large; on many nights, it seems
there isn't even room enough for me and DH to be comfortable on a
queen! Oscar, of course, takes up more than 1/3 the space all on her
own.

Well, it's just me and the cats. I do have to admit that it does seem
crowded at times, especially when one or more of them decides to sleep
on top of me, or worse, to walk around demanding more petting. Tigger
is particularly stubborn about pushing me around to make room for
himself.

--
T.E.D. )

I remember waking one morning with only about 6 inches of bed for myself,
and only Moe in bed with me. She was a total bed hog! I guess I kept
scooching away from her in my sleep (I really don't like to be touched at
night - and poor DH is a cuddler!), and she kept scooching over to lay next
to me. We have a queen size bed, and me laying on one edge, Moe with the
rest to herself! Needless to say, when I woke, I nearly fell off my 'edge'
of the bed!