silly kitty....

Old December 17th 03, 07:06 AM
Dennis Carr

Default silly kitty....

Yes, silly. Though, the behavior on one is a bit worrisome.

Two of our girls, right? First subject - about a year old. She's
monogamous. That is to say, she will only allow one male cat to attempt
to mate with her.

And it just so happens that the cat she allows to couple with her doesn't
realize that he is incapable of reproduction, since we had him fixed in
September.

Her mother is causing us a bit of grief though. She seems to be having
dental trouble (for which she is going to the vet for), yet for some
reason she favors kibble. Then she's weirding us out. She will
literally dehydrate herself before she drinks out of the small plastic
bowls we have interspersed around the house and in the bedroom where we
have her isolated, yet she will drink from the toilet bowl.

Another source tells us that she seems to prefer containers that are wide.
So my wife gets this wild idea.

A round cake pan.

She fills the pan with water, and we talk a bit. The cat sniffs the
water, ignores it as we talk.

We get quiet. And wait.

She drinks. Thank God. Carefully at first, but then she manages to drink
for about two minutes straight before deciding that it's a good time to
demand I lay on my back so she can sit on my chest and get scritched, by
way of jumping on the bed and pacing around with the occasional "meow".

Granted, we force-fed her 30 mLs of standard issue dihydrogen monoxide,
much to her chagrin, but she's strangely responding well to wide
containers

OK, there's no point to this, I'm just rambling. It's late, and my
brain's gotta spill over. Though I am curious if anyone else has ever
seen that monogamy thing. (I've seen the dummy male thing, in fact I'm
kind of glad to have it - it tends to keeps unplanned breedings from
happening.)

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old December 17th 03, 01:18 PM
Wendy

Are your girls neutered? I'd be somewhat surprised to hear of a spayed
female letting anyone attempt to mate with her.

news Yes, silly. Though, the behavior on one is a bit worrisome.

Old December 18th 03, 03:26 AM
Dennis Carr

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:31:16 -0600, kaeli wrote:

Getting her spayed would probably help there. Assuming she's not a
breeding queen for show, that is.

She's a breeding queen for now, but I'm considering taking her out of the
pools in favor of one of her daughters who has some beautiful spotting and
probably showing her as an altered.

Old December 19th 03, 05:09 AM
Dennis Carr

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:00:58 -0600, kaeli wrote:

Ah, well then at least she prefers your sterile male or you might be in
trouble! *LOL*

What breed is she?

She's a bengal cat.

I have a picture of her somewhere... ah, here it is.

http://www.esthar-bengals.org/queens...nd-neresse.jpg

(sorry, bad photograph. The camera we took this with went to the Great
Darkroom In The Sky a few months ago.)

Snape is the little lady on the left; the gray blurry spot with darker
spots and eyes is Neresse, her mother. She's the one been giving us grief
recently (I'm writing that one up right now).

My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM
Yu noze, I furgotz tu tellz yurownselfz abowt da TROODUR KITTY... Amelia T Cat Cat community 6 February 28th 04 11:13 AM