EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

Old September 4th 08, 10:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about
it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

I have him in my home and I'm providing food and water for a
SERIOUSLY malnourished young male (I think, haven't checked) with
exposed hips and ribs with a mangled left arm.

The weird WEIRD weird lady who happened to be walking around in her
front yard when we spotted the kitty (at 4:30AM) says it is was the
next door neighbor's cat, the arm was broken a LONG time ago she
said (yeah ****ing right, that's why the arm is scarred over but
seeping serum?!) and they finally got tired of it because their dog
would attack it.

As she loved and kissed on it the spouse pushed her out of the way
to close the car door (he was disgusted).

So I'm asking or telling you all this...

I need help. Either financially because I cannot take the burden
of this poor kitty at the moment.

(cybercat, please don't choose now to be a bitch.)

....or I need someone to take this cat immediately. The options are
as follows as I understand them.

1) The "dog pound" will immediately euthanize this kitty because
of the severity of its condition.

2) The refuge cannot take more animals at the moment (and will not
take an injured animal of this extent -- yeah... refuge huh?)

3) The vets will NOT take this kitty as far as I know because I
cannot pay for the care which they want to know up front.

4) I cut Gabby and Phat Kat's food bill in half this month (going
back to dry food) and pay to have this poor "Puss Puss" (as the
crazy bitch who claimed she loved him, called him) sent to the
Rainbow Bridge.

5) The local Petco-type shops around here will tell us the same
thing they have in the past. "Call animal control." Which is our
"dog pound."

6) Nurse the poor kitty as best as I can (I'm afraid to touch him
he's in such bad condition) for a day or two -- even leave a bit of
food (and watch him eat it, because the fifty or sixty strays
around here will show up to steal it) outside for him and then
finally stop after a day or so because I have other animals that
roam this area (my animal friends as well as wooded strangers --
raccoons, opossums, coyotes, et cetera). Yes, #6 is abandoning the
kitty. Again... don't be bitches people.

If someone wants to help let me know HOW. I can provide vet
details and have someone else pay for it (to alleviate trust
issues) or someone can pick him up?? I have NO CLUE what the hell
to do right now, but I'm freaking out and crying right this moment
because the poor kitty is seriously screwed up.

Please help or advise or something!?!?! Please.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 4th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default EMERGENCY!!: Just an update.

Response to "-Lost" :

EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about
it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

OK, it's 7:24AM and I cannot stay up any longer. I've left
messages for Humane Society (and/or organizations) as far as ~150-
200 miles away. Not too much of anything came from that. I'm
still waiting on calls back from the places that actually had an
answering machine and/or ones that were not open yet.

Kitty is sleeping and his poor little tummy is full (but not too
much) and he drank water like he's never seen the stuff (I'm crying
again).

I'd like to apologize because I shouldn't have even said ANYTHING
about cybercat (if she's even watching). This poor kitty's
condition just has me hurting really badly inside and to be honest
I'm not mentally fit enough to handle it. I feel like I'm
physically hurting damn near. So, I was just trying to preempt any
name calling or whatever might happen because I don't have money to
throw at a hurt kitty -- I wish I did...

I'll be back in around 4 to 8 hours maybe?

Thanks lads and lasses for anything.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 4th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Have you tried calling the local SPCA? Also, if this cat does belong to
someone and you know who they are, how come you didn't report this matter to
the police? Many states have animal cruelty laws. Your post seems very
confusing though. A lot of what you're saying is confusing which makes me
wonder if you're a troller. If you are for real, you don't state where
you're located so we can all try to provide information.

Old September 4th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default EMERGENCY!!: Update: RIP "Puss Puss" 20080904 0901 AM EST.

Response to "Cat Protector" :

Have you tried calling the local SPCA? Also, if this cat does
belong to someone and you know who they are, how come you didn't
cruelty laws. Your post seems very confusing though. A lot of
what you're saying is confusing which makes me wonder if you're
a troller. If you are for real, you don't state where you're
located so we can all try to provide information.

I did report the ****e to the police and they asked if I can prove
who the owner is. I talked about the lady who said it was her
neighbor and they said it was heresy and to call the dog pound when
it opened. The SPCA and Humane Society for our state doesn't open
until 9 AM and it is now 10:24 AM and they haven't even called.

Also, I'm not in the habit of broadcasting my location to
newsgroups. Forgive me if I'm only disabled and slightly off my
rocker and not completely mad. Pfft!

Anyway, I've been overreacting to cats ever since I got here a year
ago so forgive my disabled arse if I overreacted again.

"Puss Puss" was pronounced dead at 9:01 AM EST after having a
seizure of some kind and the vet told me to bring him in because if
he was that bad off they would do a "courtesy euthanasia" which is
what they did.

I know Phil P. and others have copious amounts of experience in
this area where I have none and I was freaking out WHILE THE KITTY
LAY IN MY BATHTUB SCREAMING IN PAIN FOR ALMOST AN HOUR. After
feeding it, it collapsed into slumber. My kid reported to me not
15 minutes after I laid down this morning that the kitty was going
berserk, laying on his side making a horrible noise which he was.
The vet was opened by the time and there you have it.

Everyone always asks questions like they could have or would have
done something better. A bunch of sanctimonious twits like
yourself asking me questions when I asked the questions to you all.
Like it's a fuggin' race to see who can try and call someone a
troll first.

I'll make sure to e-mail you pictures of Puss Puss at the vet in
horrid condition (actually, he was quite loving and perky after the
convulsion which the doctor said could be seizure brought on by
infection) and at home DEAD where my spouse and I had to bury him
because we couldn't afford the cost to do whatever they wanted with
his body.

F.U.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 4th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"-Lost" wrote

"Puss Puss" was pronounced dead at 9:01 AM EST after having a
seizure of some kind and the vet told me to bring him in because if
he was that bad off they would do a "courtesy euthanasia" which is
what they did.

Bless you for not just leaving him outside. It sounds like internal damage
of some sort.

Everyone always asks questions like they could have or would have
done something better.

Sometimes, there is nothing better you can do than help them across the
rainbow bridge.

I was very lucky with my one adopted cat of 'Bobby' who was in really bad
shape and a vet with a heart who only charged me 750$ back in 1983 for what
should have been over $3,000 even then. Hit by a car we think. It sounds
like puss-puss wasnt found early enough to do anything about (at least by
you).

I'll make sure to e-mail you pictures of Puss Puss at the vet in
horrid condition (actually, he was quite loving and perky after the
convulsion which the doctor said could be seizure brought on by
infection) and at home DEAD where my spouse and I had to bury him
because we couldn't afford the cost to do whatever they wanted with
his body.

In my yard, there are several dips in the grass, where long loved friends
used to sit and their spirits we believe still reside.

Old September 5th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "cshenk" :

"-Lost" wrote

"Puss Puss" was pronounced dead at 9:01 AM EST after having a
seizure of some kind and the vet told me to bring him in
because if he was that bad off they would do a "courtesy
euthanasia" which is what they did.

Bless you for not just leaving him outside. It sounds like
internal damage of some sort.

Thanks. I realize I overreact all the time but because I'm not
able-bodied like those bitches cybercat and CatNipped (yep, I said
it -- bitches) or because I cannot throw money at the situation
this moment I'm a fuggin' troll.

Everyone always asks questions like they could have or would
have done something better.

Sometimes, there is nothing better you can do than help them
across the rainbow bridge.

Well, the problem was apparently fungal, malnourished, and the leg
was severely mangled from being attacked by something. The leg had
scarred over quite a bit but the vet said she was extremely
surprised because it was so infected -- it was oozing a thick
yellowish liquid. I forgot what she called it but it wasn't serum
or pus.

I was very lucky with my one adopted cat of 'Bobby' who was in
really bad shape and a vet with a heart who only charged me 750$
back in 1983 for what should have been over $3,000 even then.
Hit by a car we think. It sounds like puss-puss wasnt found
early enough to do anything about (at least by you).

Yeah. That's why I freaked out because I've already convinced the
spouse to take in TWO of the strays here in or neighborhood. And
they were adamant about not taking in another animal regardless of
the situation. (Here's where the BITCHES will chime in about how
horrible my spouse is right?)

I call myself trying to be kind to an animal and I begged the
spouse to stop for this kitty. Then I come to the ONLY fanatics
that I thought would give a fug. Instead, they stroke each other's
bitchy arsed ways and make fun of people without knowing who they
really are.

CatNipped is the one who told me to contact her about arranging for
care of a cat. Then she pats her girl cybercat on the back as soon
as cybercat does what she always does -- act like a useless bitch.

I'm terribly sorry my English is not the best or that I ramble or
that I get excited easy!

I'll make sure to e-mail you pictures of Puss Puss at the vet
in horrid condition (actually, he was quite loving and perky
after the convulsion which the doctor said could be seizure
brought on by infection) and at home DEAD where my spouse and I
had to bury him because we couldn't afford the cost to do
whatever they wanted with his body.

In my yard, there are several dips in the grass, where long
loved friends used to sit and their spirits we believe still
reside.

That's a really sweet way to look at it. Bless you. : )

(Sorry for rambling and ranting (and profuse use of the word
bitch)!)

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 5th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

"-Lost" wrote in message
. ..

I call myself trying to be kind to an animal and I begged the
spouse to stop for this kitty. Then I come to the ONLY fanatics
that I thought would give a fug. Instead, they stroke each other's
bitchy arsed ways and make fun of people without knowing who they
really are.

You posted this story not to get actual advice and assistance for a cat, but
to get some sort of attention for attempting to save a cat that you really
had no ability to help. If there was any cat at all.

Old September 5th 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"-Lost" wrote
Response to "cshenk"

"Puss Puss" was pronounced dead at 9:01 AM EST after having a
euthanasia" which is what they did.

Bless you for not just leaving him outside. It sounds like
internal damage of some sort.

Thanks. I realize I overreact all the time but because I'm not
able-bodied or because I cannot throw money at the situation

Smile, minor editing of your post to shorten yet get the gist. I'm with ya
on some of this. I too have medical issues. So do both of my pets though
Daisy-cat's problems arent severe.

Sometimes, there is nothing better you can do than help them
across the rainbow bridge.

Well, the problem was apparently fungal, malnourished, and the leg
was severely mangled from being attacked by something. The leg had
scarred over quite a bit but the vet said she was extremely
surprised because it was so infected -- it was oozing a thick
yellowish liquid. I forgot what she called it but it wasn't serum
or pus.

Odd, but must have been that way quite a time. Probably what they call
'systemic' by the time you found the poor fellow. That means all through
his body via the lymphatic system and/or blood stream.

I was very lucky with my one adopted cat of 'Bobby' who was in
really bad shape and a vet with a heart who only charged me 750$
back in 1983 for what should have been over $3,000 even then.

Yeah. That's why I freaked out because I've already convinced the
spouse to take in TWO of the strays here in or neighborhood. And
they were adamant about not taking in another animal regardless of
the situation. (Here's where the BITCHES will chime in about how
horrible my spouse is right?)

With limited finances, I hate to say it but he's right. My husband would
like another dog, but I dont want the vet bills. I'm already paying 40$ a
month in insurance (just got back from the vets, the pre-check before they
both get dental and Cash-pup gets snipped with the cardiologist doing the
honors- I don't expect anyone to track everyone's pets so short version is
Cash had bad heartworms and has heart damage so he gets the cardiologist.
Yeah! He's finally healthy enough they say! Been turned down 4 times
before this).

Oh, my vet visit and the shot boosters Daisy needed are 'free' as well as
the dental work for both tomorrow. The snipping, if no complications will
run me 350$ because Cash is a special case. Even though a minor procedure,
50$ at the SPCA, the cost of the cardiologist is why so high.

I'm terribly sorry my English is not the best or that I ramble or
that I get excited easy!

It's ok.

I'll make sure to e-mail you pictures of Puss Puss at the vet

I was afraid to look.

had to bury him because we couldn't afford the cost to do
whatever they wanted with his body.

In my yard, there are several dips in the grass, where long
loved friends used to sit and their spirits we believe still
reside.

That's a really sweet way to look at it. Bless you. : )

;-) It was at least a little bit over the money I'll admit but we are glad
at that solution. There's a comforting feeling about their spirits being
near, getting to watch their 'little Baby' Charlotte grow into a lovely 14
year old.

(Sorry for rambling and ranting (and profuse use of the word
bitch)!)

Hey, we come here to chat and to comfort or assist. I actually usually get
along fine with both of the others you do not get along with. It was the
dog echo I couldnt handle.

Some really awkward folks there and horrendously bad advice. My vet is a
quiet reader there and was spitting mad when I walked in with Cash about all
the garbage they were dishing. Worst was the feeding advice. Cash
fortunately now is stable at the perfect weight of 50 lbs (give or take one
just like you and I would shift a tad). I ignored them and went with what
the vet said and then they got *really* nasty. (Cash is a beagle mix, was
34 lbs and they wanted me to immediately put him on a severe diet even
though I was clearly telling them his spine was sticking out and you could
count every rib up to his shoulders from across the room when standing). 16
lbs later, he's a lovely beagle mix. Believed to be part bull mastiff which
is why he's so big. Looks like a short legged bull mastiff with a big
beagle head ;-)

Now Daisy-cat? She needs a diet! We've been overfeeding her. She's not an
overtly big boned cat and should be about 10-11 lbs, but is at 14.2 today.
Not too far out of standard, but not all that good for her either.

LoL, you got me rambling! Hopefully a little cheery note will make you feel
better?

Old September 5th 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "cshenk" :

I just want to apologize again for ranting in my response to you.

You and Rhonda were the only ones to not say something bad about me
and I shouldn't have even mentioned anything about the others to you
as I'm sure you can read just as we all do. ; )

Warning! These pictures show what I believe to be fairly nasty
wounds and a suffering cat despite his WONDERFUL disposition.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

Thanks again for responding.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 5th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"-Lost" wrote
Response to "cshenk" :

I just want to apologize again for ranting in my response to you.

It's ok. I'm not the type to get upset at a little rambling ;-)

Warning! These pictures show what I believe to be fairly nasty
wounds and a suffering cat despite his WONDERFUL disposition.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

I'm too squeemish to look.