EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

Old September 5th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda[_3_]

Default EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything aboutit (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle of the
night and a cat in critical condition.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the cat a favor by getting
him to the vet. He was probably much more comfortable too after food and
water.

This mess was caused by someone else and you got stuck with it. Such an
emotional thing to go through.

I hope you can track down the owners and somehow get them charged with
cruelty. If you ever can get hold of the Humane Society, they can help
with what needs to be done to bring those people some accountability.

Thanks for caring for the poor cat,

Rhonda

-Lost wrote:
EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about
it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

I have him in my home and I'm providing food and water for a
SERIOUSLY malnourished young male (I think, haven't checked) with
exposed hips and ribs with a mangled left arm.

Old September 5th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "dejablues" :

The closest vet was 40 miles away?

The closest vet was less than 10 miles away and not open until 8AM
which is where he went at that time.

Asking for money or transport help on USENET was faster how,
exactly? You do realize that USENET posters span the globe, and
will not necessarily be lurking around your backyard?

That's the thing... I wasn't asking ALL of Usenet, I was asking the
BITCH who told me about asking for this EXACT type of help. In
addition, there are others here who offered me help via e-mail (and
I've even been sent discarded cat toys, cat grass seed, AND a book
on how to better understand a kitty). I was talking to THEM. But
as usual, because I "don't speak right" for everyone I must be a
troll.

In addition, I didn't ask for money (per se). I asked for the
exact help I was told could be found here. That is why I said
SOMEONE could contact the vet directly so no one had to give me any
money -- they could have helped with the bill, paid the bill,
talked to the vet about the condition of Puss Puss -- WHATEVER.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 5th 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default EMERGENCY!!: Update: RIP "Puss Puss" 20080904 0901 AM EST.

Response to "dejablues" :

I call myself trying to be kind to an animal and I begged the
spouse to stop for this kitty. Then I come to the ONLY
fanatics that I thought would give a fug. Instead, they stroke
each other's bitchy arsed ways and make fun of people without
knowing who they really are.

You posted this story not to get actual advice and assistance
for a cat, but to get some sort of attention for attempting to
save a cat that you really had no ability to help. If there was
any cat at all.

If that makes you feel better to think that then wonderful. Bravo
for you.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

Oh, and please, pretty please die for me OK? I mean, nothing too
flamboyant... just croak! : )

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 5th 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to Rhonda :

Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle
of the night and a cat in critical condition.

In fairness, I do overreact to stuff. It's not the first time I've
been told that. But yeah... I was freaking out. I'm still new to
the care of kitties altogether.

We've had Gabby for one year now and Phat Kat for ~6 months I
think.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the cat a favor by
getting him to the vet. He was probably much more comfortable
too after food and water.

It was the only time Puss Puss was quiet. The vet really tugged
and pulled on his arm trying to stretch it out and he didn't react
violently but just licked on her arm and the spouse's hand (I'm
crying... sorry...)

This mess was caused by someone else and you got stuck with it.
Such an emotional thing to go through.

And to boot I've been told by the police nothing will happen and
the vet basically said the same thing (that the police wouldn't do
****e).

I hope you can track down the owners and somehow get them
charged with cruelty. If you ever can get hold of the Humane
Society, they can help with what needs to be done to bring those
people some accountability.

OK, I thought they only served to help me get assistance to the cat
and the SPCA did criminal filings or whatnot. I'll callback then
which I haven't done because they didn't care enough to call back
AT ALL.

Thanks for caring for the poor cat,

I hope I did enough and was not the cause of undue suffering. If I
acted as best as I could, then I appreciate your praise.

You can see the post he

Or search Google Groups (advanced search) for:

As soon as Google Groups has the post.

Warning! If you are like me, your chest will be hurting so bad
you'll think you're having a heart attack after viewing these
pictures.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

Thanks for responding.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 5th 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "cshenk" :

I just want to apologize again for ranting in my response to you.

You and Rhonda were the only ones to not say something bad about me
and I shouldn't have even mentioned anything about the others to you
as I'm sure you can read just as we all do. ; )

Warning! These pictures show what I believe to be fairly nasty
wounds and a suffering cat despite his WONDERFUL disposition.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

Thanks again for responding.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 5th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nobody

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:02:10 -0500, "-Lost"
wrote:

Response to "cybercat" :

Anyone with any sense would have already taken the cat to a vet
or the humane society. Take him in and say, "I have no money for
his care, but could not stand to see him suffer." This is why I
have this stupid bitch killfiled. If ANYONE but "Lost" had found
this animal, he would already be getting care or euthanized and
out of pain.

There was nothing available except for an emergency hotline
(answering service) who have a vet contact me and then would expect
payment upon delivery of service. Don't believe me I can send your
worthless arse the number and exact location if you like?

I don't know if the story is true or not, given how the Internet is
these days. Iif it is, you have my thanks for taking care of the poor
kitty and condolences for the loss.
Old September 5th 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"-Lost" wrote
Response to "cshenk"

"Puss Puss" was pronounced dead at 9:01 AM EST after having a
euthanasia" which is what they did.

Bless you for not just leaving him outside. It sounds like
internal damage of some sort.

Thanks. I realize I overreact all the time but because I'm not
able-bodied or because I cannot throw money at the situation

Smile, minor editing of your post to shorten yet get the gist. I'm with ya
on some of this. I too have medical issues. So do both of my pets though
Daisy-cat's problems arent severe.

Sometimes, there is nothing better you can do than help them
across the rainbow bridge.

Well, the problem was apparently fungal, malnourished, and the leg
was severely mangled from being attacked by something. The leg had
scarred over quite a bit but the vet said she was extremely
surprised because it was so infected -- it was oozing a thick
yellowish liquid. I forgot what she called it but it wasn't serum
or pus.

Odd, but must have been that way quite a time. Probably what they call
'systemic' by the time you found the poor fellow. That means all through
his body via the lymphatic system and/or blood stream.

I was very lucky with my one adopted cat of 'Bobby' who was in
really bad shape and a vet with a heart who only charged me 750$
back in 1983 for what should have been over $3,000 even then.

Yeah. That's why I freaked out because I've already convinced the
spouse to take in TWO of the strays here in or neighborhood. And
they were adamant about not taking in another animal regardless of
the situation. (Here's where the BITCHES will chime in about how
horrible my spouse is right?)

With limited finances, I hate to say it but he's right. My husband would
like another dog, but I dont want the vet bills. I'm already paying 40$ a
month in insurance (just got back from the vets, the pre-check before they
both get dental and Cash-pup gets snipped with the cardiologist doing the
honors- I don't expect anyone to track everyone's pets so short version is
Cash had bad heartworms and has heart damage so he gets the cardiologist.
Yeah! He's finally healthy enough they say! Been turned down 4 times
before this).

Oh, my vet visit and the shot boosters Daisy needed are 'free' as well as
the dental work for both tomorrow. The snipping, if no complications will
run me 350$ because Cash is a special case. Even though a minor procedure,
50$ at the SPCA, the cost of the cardiologist is why so high.

I'm terribly sorry my English is not the best or that I ramble or
that I get excited easy!

It's ok.

I'll make sure to e-mail you pictures of Puss Puss at the vet

I was afraid to look.

had to bury him because we couldn't afford the cost to do
whatever they wanted with his body.

In my yard, there are several dips in the grass, where long
loved friends used to sit and their spirits we believe still
reside.

That's a really sweet way to look at it. Bless you. : )

;-) It was at least a little bit over the money I'll admit but we are glad
at that solution. There's a comforting feeling about their spirits being
near, getting to watch their 'little Baby' Charlotte grow into a lovely 14
year old.

(Sorry for rambling and ranting (and profuse use of the word
bitch)!)

Hey, we come here to chat and to comfort or assist. I actually usually get
along fine with both of the others you do not get along with. It was the
dog echo I couldnt handle.

Some really awkward folks there and horrendously bad advice. My vet is a
quiet reader there and was spitting mad when I walked in with Cash about all
the garbage they were dishing. Worst was the feeding advice. Cash
fortunately now is stable at the perfect weight of 50 lbs (give or take one
just like you and I would shift a tad). I ignored them and went with what
the vet said and then they got *really* nasty. (Cash is a beagle mix, was
34 lbs and they wanted me to immediately put him on a severe diet even
though I was clearly telling them his spine was sticking out and you could
count every rib up to his shoulders from across the room when standing). 16
lbs later, he's a lovely beagle mix. Believed to be part bull mastiff which
is why he's so big. Looks like a short legged bull mastiff with a big
beagle head ;-)

Now Daisy-cat? She needs a diet! We've been overfeeding her. She's not an
overtly big boned cat and should be about 10-11 lbs, but is at 14.2 today.
Not too far out of standard, but not all that good for her either.

LoL, you got me rambling! Hopefully a little cheery note will make you feel
better?

Old September 5th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"-Lost" wrote
Response to "cshenk" :

I just want to apologize again for ranting in my response to you.

It's ok. I'm not the type to get upset at a little rambling ;-)

Warning! These pictures show what I believe to be fairly nasty
wounds and a suffering cat despite his WONDERFUL disposition.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

I'm too squeemish to look.

Old September 5th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cshenk" wrote in message
"-Lost" wrote
Response to "cshenk" :

I just want to apologize again for ranting in my response to you.

It's ok. I'm not the type to get upset at a little rambling ;-)

Warning! These pictures show what I believe to be fairly nasty
wounds and a suffering cat despite his WONDERFUL disposition.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

I'm too squeemish to look.

This bitch is a troll. After all the noise, here's the question: what could
possibly have been the purpose of posting this horse****? So there's the
cat, mangled and suffering, and this asshole for whatever reason will not
take it to the vet or the Humane Society. What is the purpose of posting
about it here?

To upset people. Period.

Old September 5th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle of the
night and a cat in critical condition.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the cat a favor by getting
him to the vet. He was probably much more comfortable too after food and
water.

And am I glad "Lost" posted here first that she could not take the cat to a
vet. That was really good too. Ugh.