B & C = A Terrible Morning, scream

Old August 21st 03, 09:24 PM
Bev

Default B & C = A Terrible Morning, scream

Our patio roof has been leaking and I have been putting a bucket under
the leak (Ted said the next time it leaked ring him so that he could see
where the water is coming from)
Last night we had torrential rain and when I got up the roof was leaking
in three other places and the bucket was almost full. The patio was
built for us some ten years ago by some cowboy builders and the roof has
leaked ever since despite Ted's valiant efforts to stop it (he was
unavailable to do odd jobs in those days being in real estate)

In the kitchen there was a smashed egg in the middle of the floor.
Don't ask me how B and C got it out of the packet on the bench and
managed to bat it onto the middle of the floor.

I found some more buckets to catch the extra drops from the patio roof
and then rang Ted - suddenly, crash - Bonnie cleverly upended the full
bucket of water over the floor!!!! Such a smart kitty - I needn't have
bothered trying to catch the drips.

I opened the front door and got a heap of water on my head. It had been
leaking near the door and water had collected on top of the door!

I hadn't noticed Fluffy SP, who had slipped outside into the rain. You
guessed it, she was saturated and happy, dying to get inside and walk
around on the sofa.

As I silently screamed I heard on the news that an earthquake measuring
7.1 had struck in Te Anau in the South Island. Fortunately it wasn't
in a highly populated area so no one was hurt but there is some damage
with things falling off shelves etc.

Surely nothing else can happen. John is sleeping the sleep of the just
and I haven't even had breakfast yet, just needed a rant. I see Ted is
pulling up in front of the house and the rain keeps coming down.

Bev

PS FluffySP frustrated at not being allowed outside again after being
dried off has refused to use the litter box and done it on the floor
instead to spite me, screammmmmmmmmmmmm.

--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old August 21st 03, 11:36 PM
Brenda Watkins

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Hi, Bev!

It's 97F (36C) here today, and Pea doesn't understand why I won't leave the
door open between the kitchen and the enclosed porch - even after I took him
out there briefly to show him how uncomfortable it is.
They just want to have their way, don't they?

Brenda

Old August 22nd 03, 12:43 AM
Lois Reay

Hi Bev,
Purrs that Ted has managed to find the source of the leak, not an easy job
as the leak (or is that several leaks) can travel quite a distance before
dropping down onto the floor/table/sofa!!

Perhaps B & C have heard that egg yoke improves hair condition so they were
trying it out!!

Bonnie was just trying to be *helpful* to save you from having to carry out
the bucket of water.

We have had enough rain to float Noah's ark!!

Good day to be sitting here playing on the computer - have just designed my
wedding invitations.

Keep dry!

Lois

Old August 22nd 03, 01:34 AM
Bev

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Lois, designing wedding invitations, what a lovely thing to be doing

Bev
Old August 22nd 03, 01:53 AM
Christine Burel

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs aplenty for your soggy household and to soothe your nerves!
hugs,
Christine

Old August 22nd 03, 02:42 AM
Junebug

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Kind of having "one of those days"??? :-)))

Purrs and hugs coming your way. By the way,
happy upcoming Birthday!!

Junebug

Old August 22nd 03, 04:07 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Bev wrote:

Surely nothing else can happen. John is sleeping the sleep of the just
and I haven't even had breakfast yet, just needed a rant. I see Ted is
pulling up in front of the house and the rain keeps coming down.

Bev

Poor Bev I hope things improve.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old August 22nd 03, 10:58 PM

Bev wrote:

Ted and I were born in the same year so we call it our vintage
year, rofl.

I like that!

Joyce, vintage 1954 (b'day Sept. 18, coming up soon - eek!)
Old August 23rd 03, 01:36 AM
Bev

John Biltz wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:21:30 -0700, Bev wrote
(in message ):

Thanks for the birthday wishes Donna, I feel about 99 after yesterday
lol. Believe it or not it is still teeming with rain and Ted said we
have to wait until things dry out before the roof can be 'sleeved',
whatever he means by that. Ted and I were born in the same year so we
call it our vintage year, rofl. BTW the weather forecast is for rain
for the rest of the week.

FluffySP is agitating to go out and get wet but I am not falling for
that one again. I have found flat bowls for the drips in the patio and
weighed them down to kitty proof them - so have now got everything under
control. The eggs have found another home so are also kitty proof.

Sadly Clyde found my dear little ornamental Austrian-type hat which hung
on the patio wall until disturbed by Ted It was covered in little cute
berries and flowers and ribbons - no more, sigh.

I know what you mean and you have my condolences. I think I have been
inoculated against kitten fever for a long time.

John, my kitten fever has well and truly passed - I have had plenty of
kittens in my life but none quite as naughty as these lol. They are
getting bigger and heavier and show no signs of letting up. The
frightening part is that they may remain kittens forever, yikes.

Bev
Old August 23rd 03, 02:42 AM

Christine Burel wrote:

Joyce, vintage 1954 (b'day Sept. 18, coming up soon - eek!)

I'm also a 1954er - July. It's next year that's going to be hard.

Yep, next year's the big one!! And it's my first decade birthday where
I have negative feelings about it. I was fine turning 30, and had no
problem turning 40 either. But that's because I grew up with positive
role models for both the 30s and the 40s. But I don't have any positive
images of the 50s!! Can any of you 50-somethings help? Tell me that
life goes on after 50!

Joyce