a little kindness......

Old August 4th 11, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Michael Lane

Default a little kindness......

when I was 13, we got this red mule, her name was Pearl. Because the
previous owner had shook her bridle at her when taking her harness off,
she was extremely hard to catch . I spent one whole spring & summer ,
petting her, picking up apples feeding them to her by hand, just being
very kind to her . Giving her corn nubbins ( small ears corn ) always
had treaties for her when working her . TOk me until the fall, but I
finally won Pearl's trust & was only one who could walk up to her catch
her . My grandfather had given up on her .

Here's to you Pearl..... a apple & corn nubbin ,...... for you were a
good plow mule, & I hope i made your life easier .
For I enjoyed every minute I took care of you.

best regards,

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee

Old August 4th 11, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Michael Lane" wrote in message
when I was 13, we got this red mule, her name was Pearl. Because the
previous owner had shook her bridle at her when taking her harness off,
she was extremely hard to catch . I spent one whole spring & summer ,
petting her, picking up apples feeding them to her by hand, just being
very kind to her . Giving her corn nubbins ( small ears corn ) always
had treaties for her when working her . TOk me until the fall, but I
finally won Pearl's trust & was only one who could walk up to her catch
her . My grandfather had given up on her .

Here's to you Pearl..... a apple & corn nubbin ,...... for you were a
good plow mule, & I hope i made your life easier .
For I enjoyed every minute I took care of you.

best regards,

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee

What a lovely memory!

Joy

Old August 4th 11, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Michael Lane wrote:

when I was 13, we got this red mule, her name was Pearl. Because the
previous owner had shook her bridle at her when taking her harness off,
she was extremely hard to catch . I spent one whole spring & summer ,
petting her, picking up apples feeding them to her by hand, just being
very kind to her . Giving her corn nubbins ( small ears corn ) always
had treaties for her when working her . TOk me until the fall, but I
finally won Pearl's trust & was only one who could walk up to her catch
her . My grandfather had given up on her .

Here's to you Pearl..... a apple & corn nubbin ,...... for you were a
good plow mule, & I hope i made your life easier .
For I enjoyed every minute I took care of you.

What a sweet story! You were probably the first human to be really nice
to her, and to continue it day after day until she came to trust you.

Sounds like you grew up on a small farm, not one of those huge ones with
big combines and so forth. You'll have to forgive me being a city gal and
all, but what do you mean when you say the previous owner "shook her
bridle at her", when taking off her harness? Why would he do that?

Joyce

--
The Internet is on computers now! -- Homer Simpson
Old August 5th 11, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Michael Lane

Sounds like you grew up on a small farm, not one of those huge ones with
big combines and so forth. You'll have to forgive me being a city gal
and all, but what do you mean when you say the previous owner "shook her
bridle at her", when taking off her harness? Why would he do that?
Joyce
Bob Scott owed her , & he was just that way. Mules & Horses are
extremely protective of their ears & faces, Bob would shake her bridle n
her face to make her move away from him . farm was 125 acreas.

best regards,

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee