Just Heard From Kilikini

Old October 24th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Just Heard From Kilikini

Christy just called me. Not only does she have fribramtosis but she also
has hemochromatosis. Her body can't absorb iron. So her liver is failing.
All those years when her parents told her "eat your spinach" she ate it (and
loved it) she was essentially killing herself. Finding a diet she can eat
will be a challenge since she can't eat most meats and vegetables which
contain iron.

She wanted me to send purrs to everyone who needs them. I'm requesting
purrs for her.

Jill

Old October 24th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Christy just called me. Not only does she have fribramtosis but she also
has hemochromatosis. ...
Jill

Thanks for the update, Jill. I hope now that the problem has been
identified that the doctors can come up with some way to treat it ad that
the treatment will be available to her.

We will keep Christi in our thoughts and prayers.

Annie

Old October 24th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Annie Wxill wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Christy just called me. Not only does she have fribramtosis but she also
has hemochromatosis. ...
Jill

Thanks for the update, Jill. I hope now that the problem has been
identified that the doctors can come up with some way to treat it ad that
the treatment will be available to her.

We will keep Christi in our thoughts and prayers.

Annie

Also keeping Kili in our thoughts and prayers. I don't know anything
about fibramtosis but I am familiar with hemochromatosis. My mother had
it. It isn't that her body cannot absorb iron; her body is absorbing
too much iron and it begins to deposit in the organs. The treatment
used to be periodical removal of blood. I do know the liver can
regenerate itself with treatment. Purrs that she has skillful doctors
and that her body responds to treatment.

Sherry

Old October 24th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-10-23 21:06:28 -0500, "jmcquown" said:

Christy just called me. Not only does she have fribramtosis but she also
has hemochromatosis. Her body can't absorb iron. So her liver is failing.
All those years when her parents told her "eat your spinach" she ate it (and
loved it) she was essentially killing herself. Finding a diet she can eat
will be a challenge since she can't eat most meats and vegetables which
contain iron.

She wanted me to send purrs to everyone who needs them. I'm requesting
purrs for her.

Jill

Definite purrs for Kili. Man, what a hard spot to be in.

Old October 24th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:06:28 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Christy just called me. Not only does she have fribramtosis but she also
has hemochromatosis. Her body can't absorb iron. So her liver is failing.
All those years when her parents told her "eat your spinach" she ate it (and
loved it) she was essentially killing herself. Finding a diet she can eat
will be a challenge since she can't eat most meats and vegetables which
contain iron.

She wanted me to send purrs to everyone who needs them. I'm requesting
purrs for her.

Jill

Oh my, poor Christy. The boys are purring for her.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old October 24th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

jmcquown wrote:
Christy just called me. Not only does she have fribramtosis but she also
has hemochromatosis. Her body can't absorb iron. So her liver is failing.
All those years when her parents told her "eat your spinach" she ate it (and
loved it) she was essentially killing herself. Finding a diet she can eat
will be a challenge since she can't eat most meats and vegetables which
contain iron.

She wanted me to send purrs to everyone who needs them. I'm requesting
purrs for her.

Lots of purrs on the way! That is terrible news. {{{{kili}}}}

Old October 24th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message
oups.com...

Annie Wxill wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

A friend of mine has had hemochromatosis for a number of years. He also has
blood removed as a treatment, on a fairly frequent basis.

MaryL

Old October 24th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

OMG, I am so glad she was able to go to the clinic and find the new
problem too! I can't believe it wasn't found before now, maybe it's
something hard to diagnose?

I have high hopes that they can help her out and get everything back on
track.

Rhonda

Old October 24th 06, 08:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

MaryL wrote:

A friend of mine has had hemochromatosis for a number of years. He also has
blood removed as a treatment, on a fairly frequent basis.

I also have a friend with this again he has blood removed every couple
of months and continues to be well

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 24th 06, 08:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lois

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Christy just called me. Not only does she have fribramtosis but she also
has hemochromatosis. Her body can't absorb iron. So her liver is
failing.
All those years when her parents told her "eat your spinach" she ate it
(and
loved it) she was essentially killing herself. Finding a diet she can eat
will be a challenge since she can't eat most meats and vegetables which
contain iron.

She wanted me to send purrs to everyone who needs them. I'm requesting
purrs for her.

Jill

Purrs for Christy, will be thinking of her.

Lois

--
http://zeotropeburmese.kiwiwebhost.net.nz

Burmese are like potato chips, you can't just have one!