Cleo is at da TED

Old October 1st 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

Default It's a TED party!

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:47:23 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

I thought the leg operation was next week. Did I read wrong? I thought it
was just the spay today.

It was just the spay today. But because she was so grofggy from the
anasthetic, she walked on her STUMP, which stated bleeding as a
result. She has protruding bone in her rear right leg, not meant to be
walked on. I can hardly wait until her leg operation. I hope it's less
than 2 weeks away.
John

Maybe we shudn't haff a pardi and Happi Danze.
"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:49:41 -0500, Harri Roadcat
wrote:

[ In the back yard of a house in central Iowa a shimmer appears in the
air. A portly tortoiseshell kitty backs out of the teleporter, waving
her paws trying to direct someone still in the porter. She meows "Come
on, Sammy, get a move on!".

She then lets out a meow of surprise and leaps to the side. Just as she
leaps, a bright yellow freight tug roars out of the teleporter and
careens around the yard. It is followed by a bright green tug which also
dashes at high speed around the yard. Both tugs are pulling long serving
carts and warming carts.

Both tugs take turns chasing each other around the yard. As the yellow
tug, driven by an orange tabby with white feet, white chest, and white
nose barely misses running into the big tree, Amelia (clinging to a low
branch) shouts "Sammy, stop playing around! You'll spill the food!". The
green tug, driven by a grey boycat, passes directly under Amelia. She
times it's approach and at just the right moment she lets go of the
branch and lands right behind Ranger. She starts boxing his ears. He
meows in protest, then slams on the brakes. The green tug screeches to a
halt, then the green tug pulls up beside it. ]

Sammy: You didn't need to do dat, we would have stopped in a few
minutes. It's fun drifing these fings!

Amelia: We don't have a few minutes! Our guests will be arriving any
time. You still need to set up the tables and start setting out the food.

[ Sammy and Ranger climb off the tugs and set up the serving tables,
then begin setting out food and drinks. As they work outside Harri works
inside, removing a basement window and erecting a ramp to allow kitties
to pass freely between the basement and the back yard. As they are
getting close to finished, Tabitha and Mosey teleport in. All of the
kitties greet each other with nose touches and check rubs. ]

Harri: Ok, everybody, it's time! Ourz guests will be arrifin any time
now. As soon as efurryone is here wez can all do a group purr fur
Cleocatra, and fur Chianti, and fur all da offur kittiez who needs
purrs. OT, howz about you turn on da CD player so wez can haf some
moosic?

Harri

I just got Chianti back from her spaying and she apparently, being
unsteady after the anasthetic, walked on her stump on a hardwood
floor. She now has a bleeding leg-stump but NOT so bad as to require
another TED visit. (This is not my decision.) I put her in a huge
soft towel-lined carrier and I'll wake up every 2 hours to monitor
her. Purrs please. Continue the purrs.
John

Purrs and love for Cleo!
Beauty and Cinder

Old October 1st 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Default UPDATE: Cleo is at da TED

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
Our Paw just spoke to the TED. He stole some of Cleo's blood to test,
and
found that her liver and kidneys are working fine. Since they are, he
gave her the anesthetic and cleaned her teeth. He didn't find any
teeth
that needed to be pulled, they just all needed to be cleaned.

She is now mostly conscious, just really groggy and sleepy. We still
have
to worry that she is ok through the night, but she gets to come home
tomorrow after 9:00 AM.

Amelia

I yam glad dat I gotted bak heer in tyme tu purrrrrrrr fur Cleo.
Hur iz so wize, I yam shur she wyll get uh gudgud nitez sleeep.
--
Pitô.ônya

Old October 1st 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Oh Lord, John I didn't realize it was that bad. Purrs for her and prayers
for you to be able to get enough rest.rd
"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:47:23 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

I thought the leg operation was next week. Did I read wrong? I thought it
was just the spay today.

It was just the spay today. But because she was so grofggy from the
anasthetic, she walked on her STUMP, which stated bleeding as a
result. She has protruding bone in her rear right leg, not meant to be
walked on. I can hardly wait until her leg operation. I hope it's less
than 2 weeks away.
John

Maybe we shudn't haff a pardi and Happi Danze.
. ..

Old October 1st 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

In article ,
"Granby" wrote:

O T goes to the Cd player. Hmmm der iz alley cat, Rockz roun da Cat, Cats
on broadwayz, anna, all deze R ole, I betz Piglet puted dem in my bakpak.
Harri, I hopez u gotted some propiate musiz for da purrink. When we haz da
parti, dez and whateffer u haz will work.

Willow is over in the korner laffink behink her paw. I putted dem in
dere!!!

Doze would be good too if you would likez ta lissen to dem. Or I gots
deze [ Harri paws over a CD case ]. Deze gots lots of classic rock, an
dere's some in dere dat would be good fur slow dancing. An deres one in
dere dats meditation moosic. We could play dat one while we purrs fur
Chianti and Cleo.

Harri
Old October 1st 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

In article ,
"Granby" wrote:

I thought the leg operation was next week. Did I read wrong? I thought it
was just the spay today.

Maybe we shudn't haff a pardi and Happi Danze.

Since we are all gathered together anyway, let's all purr togeffur for
Chianti's leg to be better, fur her to heal up from getting
fixed-what-aint-broke, an fur her hoomin to get some sleep. An fur her
operation to go well.

[OT puts on the meditation music CD. Kitties drag comfortable pillows
into a circle, then settle in for a purring circle. The rythmic,
powerful purrs set the leaves of the tree vibrating. A cloud of light
forms over the circle of purring kitties, rising in to the sky carrying
their hopes and prayers and love for Chianti and Cleo to the heavens.]
Old October 1st 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Clowder (South)

John Ross Mc Master wrote:

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:47:23 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

I thought the leg operation was next week. Did I read wrong? I thought it
was just the spay today.

It was just the spay today. But because she was so grofggy from the
anasthetic, she walked on her STUMP, which stated bleeding as a
result. She has protruding bone in her rear right leg, not meant to be
walked on. I can hardly wait until her leg operation. I hope it's less
than 2 weeks away.
John

HUGE purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs fur Chianti, dis sownds terribull!

Mietze wiff effurywun

(I'm just one big cringe, reading this...poor baby.)
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old October 1st 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anas ^..^[_4_]

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 00:11:27 GMT, John Ross Mc Master's nimble, little
paws typed:

I put her in a huge
soft towel-lined carrier and I'll wake up every 2 hours to monitor
her. Purrs please. Continue the purrs.

Purrs coming your way!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.”
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

9/30/2008 11:17:08 PM
Old October 1st 08, 09:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.music.beatles
Pus Pockets

Default ALARM! DEAD CAT ON THE HORIZON !!

On 30 Sep 2008 15:30:32 GMT, Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote:

In case anykitty missed where mine Paw mentioned it in response to
Granby's post, mine sisfur Cleocatra (sorry, CleoPatra)is at da TED
today. Her is gonna haf her toofs worked on cuz dey is hurtin her.

We is worried bout her cuz her is so old. Mine Paw will post more
information when him finds out how her is doin.

Sammy

Pus pockets? Do you see pus pockets?
Old October 1st 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
HRH Cleopatra Silvercat

Default Cleo is home

She is now mostly conscious, just really groggy and sleepy. We still
have to worry that she is ok through the night, but she gets to come
home tomorrow after 9:00 AM.

Amelia

Hello, everykitty. I'm finally home. My mouth is a little sore and I'm a
little tired, but I'm otherwise healthy. Thank you all fur sending me
your purrs - I felt them and they helped a lot.

Harri, would you be so kind as to bring me a bowl of that lovely chicken
soup I smell?

I have been purring for Chianti since I first heard about her situation.
I will be looking forward to a chance to join with all of you purring for
her again.

Cleo
settling onto a cushion under the tree
Old October 1st 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

Yeah! Home is gud.
Cinder

HRH Cleo Granby Cat community 4 September 6th 07 09:12 PM
Cleo Lois Cat anecdotes 11 August 7th 06 03:29 AM
Cleo has an off day. Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 1 October 14th 05 12:42 AM
Cleo Debra Cat anecdotes 2 July 16th 05 04:02 PM
Cleo-Leo HRFLTiger Cat anecdotes 19 March 3rd 05 11:56 PM