Cat catches waterbugs

Old December 1st 04, 04:33 AM
-Ron

Default Cat catches waterbugs

My 1 year old cat recently started to catch live water bugs.
She jumps and drops them in my bed when im sleeping, usually in the morning
These things are the size of mice and absolutely disgusting .
Any way stop this without insulting her ?

I will read replies in the group
-Ron
Old December 1st 04, 05:43 AM
Tiger Girl

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 03:33:43 GMT, "-Ron"
wrote:

My 1 year old cat recently started to catch live water bugs.
She jumps and drops them in my bed when im sleeping, usually in the morning

Oh, my God, I just developed a much stronger tolerance for my cat's
new habit of humping the sofa pillows. Water bugs in the bed???
EEEEUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Any way stop this without insulting her ?

I can't think of anything worse she might do if you _do_ insult her,
short of defecating in the bed. And given what I know of water bugs,
I'm not so sure that defacating would actually be worse! It may be
time to start sleeping with her on one side of the bedroom door and
you and the bed on the other. I'd hate to kick my kitty out of bed,
but I think that giant flying insects first thing in the morning would
persuade me to.

Best of luck...

Old December 1st 04, 06:18 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article rYard.4484$_E3.1413@trndny06,
"-Ron" wrote:

My 1 year old cat recently started to catch live water bugs.
She jumps and drops them in my bed when im sleeping, usually in the morning
These things are the size of mice and absolutely disgusting .
Any way stop this without insulting her ?

Your cat is doing what cats do. If I were you, I would consider hiring a
good exterminator to get rid of those water bugs.
Old December 1st 04, 07:26 AM
-Ron

My girlfriend was taking a nap and the cat dropped one into the covers, the
neighbors heard the screaming down the street and called the cops who
literally knocked me over and out the way when I opened the door.
She's traumatized, Dr. had to prescribe these expensive pills to fall asleep

I live between a lake and a bay, these things get in the strangest ways and
hide.
Garage door, attic, etc.
I had an exterminator bomb the place, the cat still finds a way to find them

Old December 1st 04, 09:57 AM
Dave

In message Shawn Hearn
wrote:

My 1 year old cat recently started to catch live water bugs.
She jumps and drops them in my bed when im sleeping, usually in the morning
These things are the size of mice and absolutely disgusting .
Any way stop this without insulting her ?

Your cat is doing what cats do. If I were you, I would consider hiring a
good exterminator to get rid of those water bugs.

I thought that's why we have cats: In-house exterminators

Old December 1st 04, 02:34 PM
Ollie Clark

-Ron wrote:
My 1 year old cat recently started to catch live water bugs.
She jumps and drops them in my bed when im sleeping, usually in the morning
These things are the size of mice and absolutely disgusting .
Any way stop this without insulting her ?

Not really. Cats catch living things. It's instinct. The only way to stop
her is keep her indoors (or keep the water bugs outdoors if you already
do).

--
"Fighting terrorists with a military invasion is like trying to kill
a bee by shooting its beehive with a shotgun." - Anonymous, USENET
Old December 2nd 04, 02:05 AM
~*Connie*~

"-Ron" wrote in message
My 1 year old cat recently started to catch live water bugs.
She jumps and drops them in my bed when im sleeping, usually in the

morning
These things are the size of mice and absolutely disgusting .
Any way stop this without insulting her ?

I will read replies in the group
-Ron

Your kitty loves you and is giving you presents. She knows you can't hunt
them on your own, and wants to help you out. The only way I know to
discourage this practice is to show displeasure at the gift. She'll be
upset - as anyone would if you showed displeasure at getting a gift, but
she'll get over it.

Old December 2nd 04, 03:14 AM
Mike Rhino

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message

"-Ron" wrote in message
My 1 year old cat recently started to catch live water bugs.
She jumps and drops them in my bed when im sleeping, usually in the

morning
These things are the size of mice and absolutely disgusting .
Any way stop this without insulting her ?

I will read replies in the group
-Ron

Your kitty loves you and is giving you presents. She knows you can't hunt
them on your own, and wants to help you out.

What if you went out there with a butterfly net and caught more than the
kitty. Would she still give you some of hers?

Old December 2nd 04, 04:08 AM
Tiger Girl

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 06:26:30 GMT, "-Ron"
wrote:

My girlfriend was taking a nap and the cat dropped one into the covers, the
neighbors heard the screaming down the street and called the cops who
literally knocked me over and out the way when I opened the door.
She's traumatized, Dr. had to prescribe these expensive pills to fall asleep

I'm right up there with _that_. I don't know where you live, but if
you're in the gulf-coast region of the US, ain't no exterminator gonna
be able to take care of the water bug problem.

I live between a lake and a bay, these things get in the strangest ways and
hide.
Garage door, attic, etc.
I had an exterminator bomb the place, the cat still finds a way to find them

The exterminator can't do it because they don't actually _live_ in the
house, for the most part. They come in from the outside to get water,
shelter, etc.

I'm impressed that the cat catches them. My cat felt the same way
about them that I do - he came crying to me once and when I checked
things out I found one of those horrible creatures in his food dish.
I read him the Riot Act about what exactly it means to be a
"predator"...right after I instantaneously teleported myself into
another room and up onto the dining room table.

Deo catches Bonnie Bev Cat anecdotes 48 June 16th 04 07:51 PM
Wolfie catches a flying critter Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 36 June 8th 04 11:31 PM
Bonnie Catches a Snake Bev Cat anecdotes 15 January 11th 04 09:22 PM