Pink Cat

Old November 11th 03, 04:20 AM

Yoj wrote:

My son's long-hair has to be shaved periodically because her fine
hair gets so matted.

It took me a while to parse the above sentence. Nothing wrong with how
you've written it, I just got confused. I thought you were saying that
your son had long hair, which had to be shaved periodically!! Then I got
confused by the reference to "her" fine hair. Yes, I saw the hyphen
between "long" and "hair", but the fact is, lots of people put hyphens
in places where they don't belong, so I usually ignore them. In this
case, though, the hyphen was not only correct, but key to understanding
the sentence: the "long-hair" was the cat!! (Duh)

As for the pink cat, what a doofus that kitty's human must be! I'm not
convinced the dye is harmful to the cat - unless it had harsh chemicals
in it - but it's probably disorienting for the kitty to look down and
see its fur looking so *wrong*.

Also, as someone else commented: WHY??

Joyce
Old November 11th 03, 06:46 AM
Hopitus2

The poor cat does look very unhappy. But that *is* the "lion cut" - grooming
places shave long-haired cats like Persians in this cut frequently -
especially here in south FL as long-haired cats are pretty miserable in
summer because of the heat - never mind fur matting.
Nothing cruel about the grooming cut, I think, BUT I sure hope that pink is
food coloring.
I bet this was someone's idea of a Halloween getup for their poor pet. I
hope it IS plotting dastardly revenge on the perpetrator.

:
: "Bev" wrote in message
: ...
: This makes you wonder about humans!
:
: http://www.picpatrol.com/snapshots/2...aved_cat.shtml
: Bev
: --
: God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
: before the masterpiece.
:
:
: That's disgusting! And look how unhappy that poor cat looks.
:
: MaryL
:
:

Old November 11th 03, 07:37 AM
MaryL

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
The poor cat does look very unhappy. But that *is* the "lion cut" -

grooming
places shave long-haired cats like Persians in this cut frequently -
especially here in south FL as long-haired cats are pretty miserable in
summer because of the heat - never mind fur matting.
Nothing cruel about the grooming cut, I think, BUT I sure hope that pink

is
food coloring.
I bet this was someone's idea of a Halloween getup for their poor pet. I
hope it IS plotting dastardly revenge on the perpetrator.

Yes, I know. In fact, I have a friend who gives lion cuts to long-haired
cats for the summer, and it can be helpful both for the heat and to control
mats. It's that pink color *combined* with the lion cut that looks so
dreadful -- sort of like people who dress their cats in doll clothes and and
talk about how "cute" it is. It just looks unnatural, and they distorted
the natural beauty of a cat.

MaryL

Old November 11th 03, 03:13 PM
GraceCat

Bev wrote in message ...
This makes you wonder about humans!

http://www.picpatrol.com/snapshots/2...aved_cat.shtml
Bev

I liked Krista's Blue Mike much much much better.

Grace

Old November 12th 03, 02:11 AM
Stacey

Didn't someone here dye their cat (or portions of it, I seem to recall an
orange belly) with food coloring for Halloween??

Stacey (who thinks it looks cute if it didn't hurt the kitty)

Old November 12th 03, 02:12 AM
Stacey

Stacey hurridly hides the pictures of her cats in doll clothes.

Stacey (who, in her own defense, has been known to dress up her DH in
strange clothing, too)

Old November 12th 03, 03:00 AM
Tanada

Stacey wrote:

Didn't someone here dye their cat (or portions of it, I seem to recall an
orange belly) with food coloring for Halloween??

I once accidentally dyed parts of Tanada green while making St.
Patrick's Day cupcakes. But she made me pay for it later.

Pam S.
Old November 12th 03, 05:28 AM
LOL

(GraceCat) wrote in message . com...
Bev wrote in message ...
This makes you wonder about humans!

http://www.picpatrol.com/snapshots/2...aved_cat.shtml
Bev

I liked Krista's Blue Mike much much much better.

Grace

Well, Mike did dye *himself* blue by rolling around in chalk - maybe
this kitty got to pick out her color as well?

Seriously, that's an awful thing to do to a poor kitty. When I saw
the pic I was hoping it wasn't real. :-(

------
Krista
Old November 12th 03, 06:34 AM

LOL wrote:

Seriously, that's an awful thing to do to a poor kitty. When I saw
the pic I was hoping it wasn't real. :-(

You know, it occurred to me that maybe that cat wasn't dyed at all -
maybe someone was just having fun with Photoshop. Like those pictures
in "Why Paint Cats?"

Joyce