COMPLETELY OT

Old April 14th 05, 02:17 AM
Lucys Mom

Obviously, I'm missing something quite spectacular!!! What show are we
talking about?
So that I, too, won't miss the wet shirt scene!!!!!! drool....

Old April 14th 05, 02:33 AM
Karen

in article , Pat at
wrote on 4/13/05 7:01 PM:

"Kreisleriana" wrote

Here's a clip of Rickman reading a Shakespeare sonnet:
http://tinyurl.com/6tum8

I could just about taste that....

I think I need some water....

Old April 14th 05, 02:53 AM
Kreisleriana

On 13 Apr 2005 18:17:00 -0700, "Lucys Mom"
yodeled:

Obviously, I'm missing something quite spectacular!!! What show are we
talking about?
So that I, too, won't miss the wet shirt scene!!!!!! drool....

Oh, it's kind of a minor classic. About nine or ten years ago, the
BBC put together a really sumptous mini-series production of "Pride
and Prejudice." It was shown in the US on A&E, and is available on
video and DVD. The whole thing was quite something-- well-written,
beautifully produced and acted, with a great British cast, but for a
significant proprtion of the population (:P:P:P) the biggest
attraction of the whole thing was Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy. Not only
did he look great in the clothes, but he was really wonderful in the
part-- subtly expressive, and just, well, . . . oh my. I hadn't seen
it in quite awhile, but it's a big favorite of mine. I should just
buy the damn thing.

That's the whole in- joke thing about Firth being cast as Mark Darcy
in the Bridget Jones movies-- Bridget Jones had a crush on Firth's
Darcy, and Mark Darcy-- uptight, but good-hearted-- is loosely
supposed to correspond to Darcy in "P&P"; while Hugh Grant's character
is supposed to loosely correspond to the charming, but no-good soldier
George Wickham.

Theresa
Old April 14th 05, 03:28 AM
Lucys Mom

Found it! Tomorrow morning on Biography channel from 7-9 am. My VCR
is now
set up, too!!! Thanks!!!

Old April 14th 05, 04:13 AM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:33:28 -0500, Karen
yodeled:

in article , Pat at
wrote on 4/13/05 7:01 PM:

"Kreisleriana" wrote

Here's a clip of Rickman reading a Shakespeare sonnet:
http://tinyurl.com/6tum8

I could just about taste that....

I think I need some water....

To wash your mind out??? :P

Theresa
Old April 14th 05, 04:22 AM
Kreisleriana

On 13 Apr 2005 19:28:47 -0700, "Lucys Mom"
yodeled:

Found it! Tomorrow morning on Biography channel from 7-9 am. My VCR
is now
set up, too!!! Thanks!!!

7-9 AM!! Much too early in the morning to start hyperventilating.
Much better to view it later in the day, after your heart has warmed
up for awhile. :P

We can squeal at each other about it afterwards. :P

Theresa
Old April 14th 05, 08:53 AM
L. (usenetlyn)

Masha wrote:
Johnny Depp can, especially in Don Juan de Marco, mmmm - in fact JD

would
look good in a paper bag!

He's starting to look a little scaggy lately. He's got this dirty
greaseball thing going on that just ain't working...

As my DS would say..."Y-ack! Dii-ty!"

-L.

Old April 14th 05, 05:29 PM
Kreisleriana

On 14 Apr 2005 00:53:25 -0700, "L. (usenetlyn)"
yodeled:

Masha wrote:
Johnny Depp can, especially in Don Juan de Marco, mmmm - in fact JD

would
look good in a paper bag!

He's starting to look a little scaggy lately. He's got this dirty
greaseball thing going on that just ain't working...

As my DS would say..."Y-ack! Dii-ty!"

-L.

Oh, that's just between roles. He always looks pretty derelict
between roles. A lot of actors do.

Theresa
Old April 14th 05, 06:38 PM
Mary

"Kreisleriana" wrote:

Oh, that's just between roles. He always looks pretty derelict
between roles. A lot of actors do.

I have never seen him look bad. That bone structure, that
skin, those eyes--!

Old April 14th 05, 09:08 PM
CK

Kreisleriana wrote:

The Daves are regrettfully, no longer with us. We lost the last Dave,
when Dave Yehudah passed away some months ago.
The Daves, from the RCPA FAQ:
"It is fairly safe to say that if there is a pun, a cheeky comment, or
a lewd suggestion to be made, one of the three resident Daves will do
it."

(RCPA FAQ: http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/pages/contents.htm)

Dave Stevenson still posts occasionally, haven't heard from Dave Gerecke
tho... And hasn't Mark been an "honorary Dave" for ages?

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com