COMPLETELY OT

Old April 15th 05, 11:35 PM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote

Should I Google for Daves?

Funniest FAQ I ever read for a newsgroup:

http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm

Thanks, I have never seen that! I've bookmarked
it for a later, leisurely read!

Old April 15th 05, 11:43 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:44:40 GMT, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

CK wrote:
Dave Stevenson still posts occasionally, haven't heard from Dave Gerecke
tho... And hasn't Mark been an "honorary Dave" for ages?

We also have a couple of ladies who are honorary Daves, including my
dear friend CatNipped...

And good for her, I say. ;P

Theresa
Old April 16th 05, 12:07 AM
Cheryl

On Fri 15 Apr 2005 10:07:19a, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

And have you noticed that he gets wet a lot more than just the
famous pond-dunk scene? He gets wet quite a lot-- about after
every other time he sees Lizzy. The man looks great wet. :P

http://wetmen.provocateuse.com/show....rth?PHPSESSID=
950b6c7f32e60fa34810ad6cdb1f6102

or

http://tinyurl.com/amkrh

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Old April 16th 05, 12:19 AM
CatNipped

"Mary" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote

Should I Google for Daves?

Funniest FAQ I ever read for a newsgroup:

http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm

Thanks, I have never seen that! I've bookmarked
it for a later, leisurely read!

Here are the parts referring to Daves:

6.1.2 You owe me a new keyboard!

That's what the [BW] was there for. (see section on Warning Labels). Its
also good practice to assume that any post by Dave Yehudah, Dave Gerecke or
by Bev Dunlop has a BW on it, even if it doesn't explicitly say so. Aww,
heck, to be on the safe side, only drink beverages in between messages in
rpca - you never know when another gem of hilarity is going to pop up.

6.1.8 Daves talking amongst themselves

Any Daves (this shall include Mark) that are talking amongst themselves are
being terribly rude. It is considered grossly unfair if the Daves start
working together as they would be an unbeatable foe. The members of We
Support Patty, Dot, Liz & Senyah will immediatley report all instances of
Dave confabulation to The Mothership.

3 Daves & a Mark: If there is more than one possible interpretation of a
comment or remark, at least one the group of 3 Daves and a Mark (Dave Y,
Dave G, Dave S, or Mark Edwards) are going to interpret it in the lewd way.
See "Dave"

Dave: It is fairly safe to say that if there is a pun, a cheeky comment, or
a lewd suggestion to be made, one of the three resident Daves will do it

Patty:The long suffering wife of Dave Yehudah, the "We Support Patty" group
was formed to give her moral support when she is the victim of Dave's
eccentricities.
An Australian chapter, "We support Dot" group has recently been formed for
Dave G's wife

6.4.5 The First Church of the Porcelain Three Three

One of the hardest things to explain people who haven't been members of the
group for long are a) our collective sense of humour, b) the friendliness of
this group and c) thread drift. (ie, the change in subject of the thread
that started out on-topic which slowly but inexplicably drifts so far off
topic that the conversation in now way involves cats and in fact in now way
involves anything resembling sane, normal conversation.)

The First Church of the Porcelain Three Three "evolved" over about 6 months.
If you want to follow the whole sordid account, start by searching
http://groups.google.com/ or any other Usenet archive facility for the
thread with "The First Church of the Porcelain Three " as the title and work
your way backwards.

A very quick summary:

Yowie (thats me) bitches about not being able to find nice lingerie in my
size

The Group, being wonderful people, sends Yowie some sexy underwear that does
fit for Xmas.

Dave G calls for JPegs of Yowie's Xmas Present.

Yowie says she will providing the Daves put up a picture of themselves in a
big frilly three-three (three three because a tu-tu would be too small).

A Jpeg of Dave (and Mark) with a cartoon body in a three three appears.
Click here to see Mark's picture (use your "back" button to return). Dave's
picture was similar but he had a plain hot-pink three-three rather than one
with orange polka-dots, had Dave's head stuck on instead of Mark's of
course.

An even better pic of a macho guy in a big long three three with Dave G's
head on it appears. Click here to see it. (Use your "back" button to return)

TJ & I threaten to make a "Dancing Dave" page like the dancing hampster
page. Click here to see the picture we were going to use. (Use your "back"
button to return)

Someone started a religious demographics thread.

No flames happened.

The general consensus of the group seemed to be "whatever works for you" and
"respect other people" which TJ summed up by "I could care less what someone
else believes or doesn't believe, if worshipping your toilet bowl while
wearing a three-three brings you inner peace, more power to ya!".

Which is how the 1st Church of the Porcelain Three Three started.

TJ created the icon of Dave on the loo with The Dust worshipping at the
"altar". Click here to see a picture of the "altar". (Use you "back" button
to return)

And finally, in the Spirit of the pictures of Dave and Mark, here is the
picture of one of the High Priestesses of the First Church of the Pocrelain
Three-Three in her Xmas presents. Click here for the original version, or
here for a version especailly for the Daves of the world.

You asked!

(Well, OK you didn't, but its very hard to explain 6 months of
in-joke-in-the-making without actually being there!)

There more where all that came from, but you see, it *IS* appropriate for
mildly off-color humor to be posted here.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 16th 05, 12:36 AM
CatNipped

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Fri 15 Apr 2005 10:07:19a, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

And have you noticed that he gets wet a lot more than just the
famous pond-dunk scene? He gets wet quite a lot-- about after
every other time he sees Lizzy. The man looks great wet. :P

http://wetmen.provocateuse.com/show....rth?PHPSESSID=
950b6c7f32e60fa34810ad6cdb1f6102

or

http://tinyurl.com/amkrh

Thanks Cheryl! Not Colin, but here are my favorite "wet" photos:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/wet/

Enjoy! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 16th 05, 12:45 AM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:07:32 -0500, Cheryl
yodeled:

On Fri 15 Apr 2005 10:07:19a, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
) :

And have you noticed that he gets wet a lot more than just the
famous pond-dunk scene? He gets wet quite a lot-- about after
every other time he sees Lizzy. The man looks great wet. :P

http://wetmen.provocateuse.com/show....rth?PHPSESSID=
950b6c7f32e60fa34810ad6cdb1f6102

or

http://tinyurl.com/amkrh

Oh God, thank you. It was hours since the last time I saw a wet
Colin Firth. :P You are truly a woman after my own heart.

Theresa
Old April 16th 05, 12:52 AM
Karen

in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 4/15/05 6:36 PM:

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

Did you know Kevin Sorbo was very heavy as a teenager? Has a bajillion
brothers and sisters I guess.

Old April 16th 05, 12:59 AM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:19:29 -0500, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

================================================= ==============

[...]

And links to pictures of -- oh well, never mind.

Theresa
Old April 16th 05, 03:44 AM
Mary

news

"Mary" wrote in message

[...]

I love this group, I really do.

Old April 16th 05, 04:46 AM
Tanada

Mary wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Mathew Kagis wrote:

Exactly my point. & If I'd even suggested anything about seat
'sniffing' I'd be hanging from the equivelant of a usenet gallows
right now.....

Have you never said to a woman "as long as I have a face you'll always
have a place to sit"?
--

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard that
old toad.

That reminds me of one of a young man who attended the same college I
did back in the 70s. Now most young men back then would ask a woman
something about her star sign, or some other lame come on. The first
time I saw him, was at a kegger. He walked up to me and asked me if I
was on the pill. I was totally flabbergasted. I told him it wasn't any
of his d*mn business and turned away from him. Later on I heard him
asking another girl the exact same thing.

Some time later I got to know him. He was the first Viet Nam vet that
attended the college, and a few years older than most of us. I asked
him WHY he had used that come on. He told me that most girls had heard
the usual come ons before and wouldn't respond to them. He said that he
did a rough study of come ons and asking girls if they were on the pill
was successful for a night in the sack, 25% of the time. None of the
girls had ever slapped his face and I gave him one of the most violent
reactions he'd ever received.

So gents, you can come up with better come on lines than asking a girl
her sign or some other lame line, or at least I hope you can come up
with a better one than my fellow student did.

Pam S. who has all sorts of stories from college