Poor Frank

Old August 26th 03, 03:53 PM
Marina

Default Poor Frank

I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase his
hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it should
be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.

So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used to
be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him and
draw lots of blood.

If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
like Frank).

A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

--
Marina, worry-wart

Old August 26th 03, 03:58 PM
JBHajos

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:53:18 +0300, "Marina"
wrote:

A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, many more than a few!!! Multiple purrs from Hobo and Speckles,
doggy woofs & wags from Sandy, and the best good thoughts and vibes
from me. I know what you mean about the anesthetics, they scare me to
death!! Sincerest hopes that all turns out well.

Jeanne
Old August 26th 03, 04:09 PM
Julie Cook

Marina wrote:

If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
like Frank).

A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

--
Marina, worry-wart

Lots of purrs from Hobbes, Selena and Lacey. Hobbes has issues with the
vet as well so he sends his most sincere "I hate TED" purrs and Selena
sends her best "dental" purrs. Lacey just sends get well soon Frank
purrs. I will send human purrs for both Frank and his worried Meowmie. I
can certainly relate to the worries you will experience.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey
(hunting bugs and worms, tis a pity that cute little cursor kitty can't
control computer bugs)

Old August 26th 03, 05:52 PM
fuga =^o^=

Please keep us posted on how he's doing.. Purrs and Huggs to you Marina..

fuga

Old August 26th 03, 06:22 PM
bewtifulfreak

Marina wrote:

A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Purrs to Frank for the least stressful vet visit possible, and to you as
well, because we know how worried Meowmies get about their furbabies!

Hugs,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 26th 03, 06:34 PM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

[...]

purrs from my tuxedos to Frank, and Rocky will throw in a few now that
he's learned how
Old August 26th 03, 06:35 PM
Tanada

Marina wrote:

So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used to
be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him and
draw lots of blood.

Awww, purrs and good thoughts for Frank and his family. Please give him
scritches and hugs for us and let us know how he does.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old August 26th 03, 06:53 PM
CK

Hopefully everything goes well with Frank's bloodworks and teeth etc.

But then I'll have to brag a bit about our good little fur-baby. A
couple of weeks ago when Laku was due for a booster-shot and general
check-up, the vet also checked his teeth. And as Laku was so well
behaved during the checkup and vaccination, the vet cleaned his teeth
right then and there, no sedation or anything, using some kind of
tong-like instrument, and just "clipped" the tartar away. I only held
Laku gently, and he didn't put up too much of a struggle, just something
like "oh man, does he really have to do that...".
He's such a *good boy*!!

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

Old August 26th 03, 07:00 PM
bewtifulfreak

CK wrote:

But then I'll have to brag a bit about our good little fur-baby.

He *is* a good boy! Mine are usually pretty good at the vets as well,
although I'm not sure how they'd handle that! But they're amazingly mellow,
considering that's the place they got snipped, LOL....they're a little more
wary since then, but still fairly calm. Sometimes it takes a lot of
persuading once one gets his shot or whatever to shift out of the way and
get back in the carrier so the other one can get his, because they love all
the fussing the vet gives them, she makes them feel so comfortable (you can
tell she really loves animals).

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak