At da restaurant in Zibello

Old January 16th 05, 05:44 PM
Mlle. Anaïs ^..^

Trudi an' Baby Kitty,

Yourownselves iz a credit to dis community an' kitties effurywhere!
Concatulations to da boff uv you!

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
1/16/2005 12:42:50 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old January 16th 05, 05:51 PM
Mlle. Anaïs ^..^

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:37:17 -0800, Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat
wrote:

Inspector, impatiently: Yes, Sherlock Tracy, that's what I said. I MUST
learn what these two are doing on the same train. Sir TV, when we return
to the train I would be most grateful if you would show me the seam
where you were able to observe Mercurius.

Darius and Maria walk toward Cleo's table "Ahhh, your Highness, how iz
yourownself tonite? May we share your table? It would be most interesting
to sit with two famous detectives!"

Cleo replies: "Of cawze! Pleeze joyne us!"

"Hmmmm, this jool robbery is a nasty business, eh?" speaks Darius. "And
the Countess", replies Maria, "I remember her when she had the private box
on stage right at LaScala. She would always throw a boquet of white roses
to me. What a sweet older kitty she was..."

He spots Monty walking in, and waves: "Monty, why how are you? What brings
you to northern Italy these days?"
--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
1/16/2005 12:45:04 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old January 16th 05, 06:12 PM
Mlle. Anaïs ^..^

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:42:28 -0500, Beverly Orel wrote:

"Oh mye gudness--Mlle, AnaIs --dat wud be uh reel treet if yew wud sing
sumfing fur us! How bowt dat song "La Vie en Rose" dat dat famuss Edith
Piafffffff sang long ago? or ennyfing yew lyke. "

She thinks for a minute, and the showkitty in her takes over, and Anaïs
moves to the piano, sets her drink on top and begins to play..."Dis iz a
sonk by Jacques Prévert. Wen it cam to Amerika, dey decided to ignore da
Fwench lyrics, an wrote dere own an' cawled it Autumn Leevez. Heerz da
original. [Human note: I loosely translated it at the bottom of this post]

With a singing meow much deeper than her petite size would indicate, she
sings slowly and sadly:

Oh ! je voudrais tant que tu te souviennes
Des jours heureux où nous étions amis.
En ce temps-là la vie était plus belle,
Et le soleil plus brûlant qu'aujourd'hui.
Les feuilles mortes se ramassent à la pelle.
Tu vois, je n'ai pas oublié...
Les feuilles mortes se ramassent à la pelle,
Les souvenirs et les regrets aussi
Et le vent du nord les emporte
Dans la nuit froide de l'oubli.
Tu vois, je n'ai pas oublié
La chanson que tu me chantais.

{Refrain:}
C'est une chanson qui nous ressemble.
Toi, tu m'aimais et je t'aimais
Et nous vivions tous deux ensemble,
Toi qui m'aimais, moi qui t'aimais.
Mais la vie sépare ceux qui s'aiment,
Tout doucement, sans faire de bruit
Et la mer efface sur le sable
Les pas des amants désunis.

She finishes the song, closes the piano and returns to her table...

Effurryfing sownds deelishus! an tiramisu fur dessert...yumyum

Ummmm, it iz delicious. Dis is a place were a kitty can put on lotsa wate!
Whut iz you girlz gonna get?

Anaïs spots Rebecca walking in and waves to her: "HiHi Rebecca. Wood
yourownself likes to joyne usses?

Translation:
Oh! I would like as much that you remember
Happy days where we were lovers.
In that time, life was more beautiful,
And sun more brilliant than today.
Dead leaves are swept up with the shovel..
You see, I did not forget...
Dead leaves are swept up with the shovel,
Memories and regrets too....
And the north wind carries them
In the cold night of forgetfulness.
You see, I did not forget
The song that you sang me.

{Refrain:}
It is a song which is like us.
You, you loved me and I loved you...
And we lived - the two of us together:
You, you loved me and I loved you...
But life separates lovers,
Gently, without making a noise.
And the sea erases from the sand
the steps of the lovers split apart.

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
1/16/2005 12:54:42 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old January 16th 05, 10:14 PM
Beverly Orel

There is a small hush in the room as Mlle. Anais finishes her song. Some of
the older gurlkitties have tears in their eyes, (and memories in their
hearts)...

"Oh, Mlle. Anais, that wuz trooly beyootiful. Such talent! and the song iz
luffly, tuu. Meowmie haz dat "Autumn Leefs" on duh peeano, played by Roger
Williams (he wuz famuss uh long tyme ago)
Fangu, fangu, fur singin tu us.
If yew wud lyke tu do an encore, we wud be furry happy tu lissen.

Samantha an cuzzincatz Finney, Lucey & Jeannie

Old January 16th 05, 10:58 PM
Rebecca

Fangu, Anaïs. Yes, I wud be furry honnered to joyn yoo after that très
belle chanson! I didnt kno yoo had such a luffly voice! If I effur find
doze opurra kittees, purrhaps yoo cud be a gest soloistkittee.
--
Rebecca

[snip]

Old January 17th 05, 03:17 AM
Miss Violette

*Tiger sits entranced*

He stares as his bootiful wink charms the entire house... He takes her paw
when she is done and wispers, I am the luckiest boycat inna comunity, Tiger

Old January 17th 05, 04:53 PM
ShortTail Tom

With a singing meow much deeper than her petite size would indicate, she
sings slowly and sadly:

Oh, Mlle. Anais, dat was bootiful! Dat bringed tears to mine eyes! I
din't unnerstan da words but it sounded loverly.

Mootiful miss OEJ, wasn't dat bootiful? Can I go get you anyfing from da
bar? Don't deze fishie fings look good?

STTom
Old January 17th 05, 04:56 PM
Tabitha Kitten

Miss Violette wrote:

Trudi blushes so red that even her black paws are tinted, Her white paws are
pink, she puts her head down and can't say a word...

[Tabitha comes running up, throws her paws around Trudi and BK and gives
them both a big hug.]

Concatulations, you two! Dis is wunnerful. What you kitties did fur da
momless kittens was so wunnerful... Concatulations!

Tabitha Kitten
very happy to see her friends recognized for their generosity
Old January 17th 05, 05:03 PM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

Cleo: Everykitty, please stand and join me in a round of apaws for Trudi
and Baby Kitty!

[Cleo walks back to her table as the whole room erupts with applause for
Trudi and BK.]

[Sammy Kitten stands and loudly squeaks his apaws]

Isn't dis wunnerful, Lilith, mine luff? It was so good to hear dat da
babys get togeffur wif dere momcat, and seeing da tiny one wif a cast on
his leg bringed tears to mineown eyes!

Would you like some of deze wunnerful shrimpies an scallops?

Sammy da 'Venture Kitten