Island stories: Boxing match

Old July 25th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Island stories: Boxing match

We don't have electricity on the island, so we use gas for stoves and
fridges. The gas comes in big metal containers or bottles, about half a
metre (nearly two feet) tall. One of these containers was standing by
the path to my uncle's cabin.

One day, Miranda was stalking her brother Emil in the tall grass. She
snuck up to the gas container and hid behind it, peeping out at Emil on
the other side. A moment later they were both standing up against the
container and batting at each other over it. One would duck down behind
the container, and the other would continue batting at thin air. Then
the hiding one would pop up again, and the batting would get more heated.

They seemed to have a lot of fun. My camera wasn't in my pocket where it
should have been, of course, so I didn't get a picture of their boxing
match.

Old July 26th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-07-25 00:08:16 -0500, Marina said:

[...]

YOu know, you just have built in entertainment with the cats there don't you!

Old July 26th 07, 07:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 2007-07-25 00:08:16 -0500, Marina said:

They seemed to have a lot of fun. My camera wasn't in my pocket where
it should have been, of course, so I didn't get a picture of their
boxing match.

YOu know, you just have built in entertainment with the cats there don't
you!

Oh, definitely. My mum tried to suggest that, next summer, I put up
Miranda somewhere because it's so tricky at times to get fresh food for
her. Of course, I shot down that idea immediately. How could I deprive
her (or myself) of all that fun? It just wouldn't be the same. I don't
think I'd last even a week on the island without the cats - both cats
(and all the other cats that stay there, as well).

Old July 26th 07, 09:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Oh, definitely. My mum tried to suggest that, next summer, I put up
Miranda somewhere because it's so tricky at times to get fresh food for
her. Of course, I shot down that idea immediately. How could I deprive
her (or myself) of all that fun? It just wouldn't be the same. I don't
think I'd last even a week on the island without the cats - both cats
(and all the other cats that stay there, as well).

It's so great that you get to take your vacation with your cats! I love
going places, but then I miss my gang so much. And like a spouse or kids,
you can call them to ask how they're doing.

Joyce
Old July 26th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

I wonder if she would like a food like Well, here we have a dehydrated raw
food that you can rehydrate. If she liked it, you could take it with you.
You could just ask one of us to buy it and ship it to you.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/conten...65xnhu91149 8

They make this here in Lincoln. I could send you a bad and see if she likes
it.

Old July 26th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Karen wrote:
I wonder if she would like a food like Well, here we have a dehydrated raw
food that you can rehydrate. If she liked it, you could take it with you.
You could just ask one of us to buy it and ship it to you.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/conten...65xnhu91149 8

They make this here in Lincoln. I could send you a bad and see if she likes
it.

That's a very good idea. I suspect she wouldn't like this food, though,
because there are a lot of ingredients. But I could look for
freeze-dried meat. I'm pretty sure we have something like that here,
though it might be too spicy. I'll have to look into it, thanks for the
idea, Karen!

Old July 26th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

"Marina" wrote in message
Karen wrote:
I wonder if she would like a food like Well, here we have a dehydrated
raw food that you can rehydrate. If she liked it, you could take it with
you. You could just ask one of us to buy it and ship it to you.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/conten...65xnhu91149 8

They make this here in Lincoln. I could send you a bad and see if she
likes it.

That's a very good idea. I suspect she wouldn't like this food, though,
because there are a lot of ingredients. But I could look for freeze-dried
meat. I'm pretty sure we have something like that here, though it might be
too spicy. I'll have to look into it, thanks for the idea, Karen!

Or maybe you can find someone who has a dehydrater that could make it.

Old July 26th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Marina kirjoitti:

That's a very good idea. I suspect she wouldn't like this food, though,
because there are a lot of ingredients. But I could look for
freeze-dried meat. I'm pretty sure we have something like that here,
though it might be too spicy. I'll have to look into it, thanks for the
idea, Karen!

I do remember feeding the d-thing I used to have dried meat and she
loved it. It came in a 10 or 15 kg bag, brown bag with a dog head (I
think?) on it...
Found a web-shop selling dried meat, and it seems to be just meat, but
you may want to check with the store...
http://www.harminfarmi.com/shop/inde...categoryID=299
Hold that, another site confirms this brand only contains meat and no
additives
http://www.kennelpakaste.com/kuivatut.htm
They list retailers too, check the link from the main page
http://www.kennelpakaste.com/

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old July 27th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christine K. wrote:

I do remember feeding the d-thing I used to have dried meat and she
loved it. It came in a 10 or 15 kg bag, brown bag with a dog head (I
think?) on it...
Found a web-shop selling dried meat, and it seems to be just meat, but
you may want to check with the store...
http://www.harminfarmi.com/shop/inde...categoryID=299
Hold that, another site confirms this brand only contains meat and no
additives
http://www.kennelpakaste.com/kuivatut.htm
They list retailers too, check the link from the main page
http://www.kennelpakaste.com/

Thank you for doing the research Christine! I'll have to try their
product. I also just realised, mum's got a dehydrator. I'll have to ask
her if she'll let me dehydrate some meat in it. She mostly uses it for
mushrooms.