Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

Old July 30th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
news[_2_]

Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!

Old July 31st 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On Jul 30, 10:31*am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!

Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.

Candace
Old July 31st 08, 11:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!

She's the reason I popped in - I wondered if Phil new anything about
her. (Isn't he in NJ?...Or am I thinking of someone else...? Arjun
maybe?)

-L.
Old July 31st 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

On Jul 31, 6:35*am, "-L." wrote:
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!

She's the reason I popped in - I wondered if Phil new anything about
her. (Isn't he in NJ?...Or am I thinking of someone else...? Arjun
maybe?)

-L.

Must have been an indoor cat or else people would know the owner.
Old July 31st 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
news[_2_]

Default Anyone want to adopt Prince Chunk? UPDATE

"-L." wrote in message
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!

She's the reason I popped in - I wondered if Phil new anything about
her. (Isn't he in NJ?...Or am I thinking of someone else...? Arjun
maybe?)

-L.

It doesn't say whether the cat wandered away or she just let him out on the
streets.

Old July 31st 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!

Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.

Candace

I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
could be seen as a kind of abuse. She needs a home where the owner
understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
dangers for humans...

I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
a terribly young age. She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.
It was heartbreaking. Their previous cat died at age 6, an un-neutered
male that was also kept tied up, and fed people food. At least they
listened to me there, they didn't feed Cat 2 people food, at all.
Except for the milk.

Now that they no longer have a cat, I continue to encourage them to NOT
have any more pets.

jmc
Old July 31st 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
[...]

I just saw on the news that the owner dumped it because they
didn't want to feed it anymore...

I'll refrain from comment.

Old July 31st 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
[...]

I'll refrain from comment.- Hide quoted text -

Of course it didn't matter that the owner lost her home and is
homeless. Let's all wag our tongues about what she did to the cat.

The news blurb I saw didn't mention that.

Hope things work out for both of them.
Old August 1st 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
[...]

adopt a calico cat! [email protected] Cat rescue 0 September 24th 07 02:32 PM
Adopt an Aby! Pat Cat anecdotes 8 May 17th 07 12:42 AM
How old to adopt a kitten Lee Cat health & behaviour 15 October 8th 05 11:22 AM
we help adopt cats [email protected] Cats - misc 0 September 6th 05 04:11 PM
we help adopt [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 September 5th 05 02:56 PM