Feline Games: Olympic Pouncing

Old August 15th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Feline Games: Olympic Pouncing

Shiral wrote:
Watching the Gymnasts and the topic of Feline Olympics gave me the
idea below: What if Pouncing were an Olympic Event?

Wonderful writing, Melissa! I think Mir is practising to enter the
Russian Blue team. Caliban wonders if there's a Tabby team he could
enter. He was at training camp last month, and became quite the expert
pouncer on grasshoppers, no less. Much harder to pounce on than a tassel.

Old August 15th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Wonderful writing, Melissa! I think Mir is practising to enter the
Russian Blue team.

I think they could use her! She seems to have a better temperament than
Boris.

Caliban wonders if there's a Tabby team he could
enter. He was at training camp last month, and became quite the expert
pouncer on grasshoppers, no less. Much harder to pounce on than a tassel.

Well, first of all, Caliban has to the "Feed Me, Can't You See I'm Starving?"
competition.

He could also compete in Creative Relaxing, which might earn him points
for the having greatest amount of his weight not supported by anything, while
not falling. (We won't say anything about his little "dip" last year.)

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 15th 08, 09:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Shiral wrote:
Watching the Gymnasts and the topic of Feline Olympics gave me the
idea below: What if Pouncing were an Olympic Event?

Bravo! More!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 15th 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Tabby: Stay tuned for More Olympic Distance *Pouncing when we return
from these announcements.

Melissa

Fantastic!!! Beats the real olympics paws down!

Helen M
Old August 15th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

My young Buzzy-cat could have won an Olympic prize this morning for his
incredible leaping performance with a tub stopper. I wish I had it on video!

Old August 16th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Aug 14, 8:52*pm, Marina wrote:
Shiral wrote:
Watching the Gymnasts and the topic of Feline Olympics gave me the
idea below: What if Pouncing were an Olympic Event?

Wonderful writing, Melissa! I think Mir is practising to enter the
Russian Blue team. Caliban wonders if there's a Tabby team he could
enter. He was at training camp last month, and became quite the expert
pouncer on grasshoppers, no less. Much harder to pounce on than a tassel.

Nina and Cesca cordially invite Caliban to join THEIR Tabby Pouncing
Team. =o) They both think he's a very handsome fellow. And after
pouncing on grasshoppers, they're sure he'll be an assett to the
team. True, insects that hop are a lot more challenging than tassels,
but indoor pouncing IS more controlled, you know. =o)

Melissa
Old August 16th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Shiral" wrote in message
Watching the Gymnasts and the topic of Feline Olympics gave me the
idea below: What if Pouncing were an Olympic Event?

That was brilliant. More please.

Tweed

Old August 17th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 15, 1:07*pm, "Pat" wrote:
My young Buzzy-cat could have won an Olympic prize this morning for his
incredible leaping performance with a tub stopper. I wish I had it on video!

If there's a black cat team Sarsi would like to be in it-she trains
daily with fether onna stick and some of her pouncing is spectacular-
she got it in mid air last night

Old August 17th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Aug 16, 1:43*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Shiral" wrote in message

Watching the Gymnasts and the topic of Feline Olympics gave me the
idea below: What if Pouncing were an Olympic Event?

That was brilliant. *More please.

Tweed

Tweed, check out the Nocturnal Zoomies thread for the next Feline
Olympic event. =o)

Melissa