Free Stuff for Persia

Old May 24th 13, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Free Stuff for Persia

My neighbor, owned by Schwartzie, mistakenly bought pate style FF.
Horrors! To compound the problem, it was beef, and poultry. Schwartzie
insists on fishy food and gravy. So she gave me a bunch of FF. Woo hoo!

I don't know why she didn't just take it back to the store to exchange
it for something he does like. I've done that when Persia doesn't like
something. But Persia will appreciate it. I never turn down free cat
food.

Jill
Old May 24th 13, 10:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"jmcquown" skrev i meddelandet
My neighbor, owned by Schwartzie, mistakenly bought pate style FF.
Horrors! To compound the problem, it was beef, and poultry. Schwartzie
insists on fishy food and gravy. So she gave me a bunch of FF. Woo hoo!

I don't know why she didn't just take it back to the store to exchange it
for something he does like. I've done that when Persia doesn't like
something. But Persia will appreciate it. I never turn down free cat
food.

Jill

Lucky Persia! lol!
Elisabet

Old May 26th 13, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

"jmcquown" skrev i meddelandet
My neighbor, owned by Schwartzie, mistakenly bought pate style FF.
Horrors! To compound the problem, it was beef, and poultry. Schwartzie
insists on fishy food and gravy. So she gave me a bunch of FF. Woo hoo!

I don't know why she didn't just take it back to the store to exchange it
for something he does like. I've done that when Persia doesn't like
something. But Persia will appreciate it. I never turn down free cat
food.

Jill

Lucky Persia! lol!
Elisabet

I used to get all the "prawns and shrimp" pouches that Tigger refused to eat
in his box of "I must have the green box with the lamb in.." but now he's
decided he likes them after all. Dammit.
Next month they will both go to TED for their jabs again, now quickly it
comes around.
Tigger is very different from Boyfie - he is up on worktops and tables very
blatantly. Although I have never told Boyfie off for this, he only jumps on
the worktops if I am upstairs, and I hear him jump down the very second I
come back, with an innocent face. "What, me? on the worktop in the
kitchen? you are mistaken.."

I can only assume that it wasn't allowed in his last house which saves me
the job of correcting him as I don't want him on the worktops either.
Of course he does it, but very sneakily. He absolutely *knows* it's naughty
without me telling him.
Someone must have.

Tweed

Old May 26th 13, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

"jmcquown" skrev i meddelandet
My neighbor, owned by Schwartzie, mistakenly bought pate style FF.
Horrors! To compound the problem, it was beef, and poultry. Schwartzie
insists on fishy food and gravy. So she gave me a bunch of FF. Woo hoo!

Jill

Lucky Persia! lol!
Elisabet

(gentle snippage)

I can only assume that it wasn't allowed in his last house which saves me
the job of correcting him as I don't want him on the worktops either.
Of course he does it, but very sneakily. He absolutely *knows* it's naughty
without me telling him.
Someone must have.

Tweed

(smile) Someone taught Persia not to jump on the counters in the
kitchen, for sure. I've had people tell me over the years surely she
must have done so when I wasn't home. Nope. I have *never* seen signs
she ever did. I don't have a camera on her collar but I've always
pretty much been able to tell where she's been. Or hasn't been, as the
case may be.

Jill
Old May 26th 13, 10:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

[...]

~~~~~~
My sister *thought* she had trained her cat not to get on the kitchen
counter, and there was never any evidence that she had been there. Then,
one day, my sister glanced at the kitchen window as she walked from the
garage to the house. She saw her cat hastily jump down from the counter.
By the time she got in the house, her cat came out of the bedroom,
*stretching and yawning* as if she had been sleeping. Her cat was actually
a good little actress!

MaryL

Old May 27th 13, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/26/2013 2:07 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , MaryL
wrote:

~~~~~~ My sister *thought* she had trained her cat not to get on the
kitchen counter, and there was never any evidence that she had been
there. Then, one day, my sister glanced at the kitchen window as she
walked from the garage to the house. She saw her cat hastily jump down
from the counter. By the time she got in the house, her cat came out of
the bedroom, *stretching and yawning* as if she had been sleeping. Her
cat was actually a good little actress!

MaryL

I love that.

Judith

That's a bast**d cat trick if I ever heard one! EBG

Jill
Old May 29th 13, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

[...]

You don't train cats not to jump onto the counter, you train them not to
get caught. ;-)
--
Hate the belief, love the believer.
Old May 29th 13, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message

"MaryL" wrote:

My sister *thought* she had trained her cat not to get on the kitchen
counter, and there was never any evidence that she had been there. Then,
one day, my sister glanced at the kitchen window as she walked from the
garage to the house. She saw her cat hastily jump down from the counter.
By the time she got in the house, her cat came out of the bedroom,
*stretching and yawning* as if she had been sleeping. Her cat was
actually a good little actress!

MaryL

You don't train cats not to jump onto the counter, you train them not to
get caught. ;-)

~~~~~
Very true! Or you let them train us how things ought to be!

MaryL

Old June 8th 13, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MaryL wrote:

My sister *thought* she had trained her cat not to get on the kitchen
counter, and there was never any evidence that she had been there. Then,
one day, my sister glanced at the kitchen window as she walked from the
garage to the house. She saw her cat hastily jump down from the counter.
By the time she got in the house, her cat came out of the bedroom,
*stretching and yawning* as if she had been sleeping. Her cat was actually
a good little actress!

That's hilarious! And here I thought only humans did that pretending-to-
be-asleep thing.

--
Joyce

If your kid comes out of the bedroom and says he just shut down the
government, it seems to me he should at least have an outfit for that."
-- John Waters, on the sorry style of today's rebels