Foster kitten rescue - Massive KFW!!

Old July 20th 11, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default Foster kitten rescue - Massive KFW!!

Some folks here who follow me on Facebook will know that I recently
took in another furry houseguest.

He is 3 weeks old and was found behind a garbage can. I just happened
to be at a kitten adoption event when these two boys brought him in a
box. The kitten adoption folks were full, and I took one look at this
face and melted.

I'm currently bottle feeding him and keeping him in a large storage
tub that he can't climb out of. He's cute as hell, and lately has
been rooting and suckling every time he's awake.

Mischief can't stand the sight of this THING, Mayhem almost tolerated
his presence until he tried to nuzzle up next to her, and Imp is
clingy and wants constant scritches and reminders that another boycat
does NOT mean he's being replaced.

The goal is to bottle feed and hand raise him until he's old enough to
find a home, either through me or through the kitten adoption folks.

Kitten got himself stuck on his back in the blankets and I just HAD to
film it.

Make sure you are sitting down. Don't say I didn't warn you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjOV6RDGL6g

Kristi
Old July 20th 11, 08:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Mischief" wrote in message

[...]

- - - - - - - - - - -

Oh, my that's absolutely adorable. And what a great video...it should be
entered in a "cutest kitten" contest somewhere.

MaryL

Old July 20th 11, 08:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 19, 11:38*pm, Mischief wrote:
[...]

The poor little baby.....he felt the warm fuzzy body (Mayhem) and
tried to nuzzle up
to what he thought was his *Mama* cat. Thank you for taking him into
your home.
Those of us who showed them mercy and helped them on this side will be
body-surfed
across the RB by Those Who Wait there. You qualify.
Old July 20th 11, 09:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Jul 20, 6:38*am, Mischief wrote:

Make sure you are sitting down. *Don't say I didn't warn you..

Thanks for the warning if I hadn't been sitting down I'd have bruised
my butt when I fell over!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 20th 11, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 22:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Mischief
wrote:

Kitten got himself stuck on his back in the blankets and I just HAD to
film it.

What a totally adorable little bundle of bittyhood...
Old July 20th 11, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Mischief" wrote in message

[...]

------

OMG... I've been killed by cuteness!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old July 21st 11, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Jul 20, 12:20*am, hopitus wrote:
[...]

yeah she didn't take too kindly to being viewed as a potential Mama
cat, so she hissed and bopped him on the head before running away...

today he found a good position to bottle feed in, curled up on his
back in the palm of one hand, while i bottle feed him with the other.
He even wrapped his front paws around the bottle and stuck his back
feet in the air around his head! Working on trying to get a picture
of that.

Kristi
Old July 21st 11, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/20/2011 11:14 PM, Mischief wrote:
On Jul 20, 12:20 am, wrote:
[...]

Should he be fed while lying on his back? I'm not criticizing, I know
you're a vet tech, but I've heard that they are more likely to aspirate
the milk when they're in that position.

BTW - aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Yep, that definitely
needed a KF warning! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 21st 11, 09:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Jul 20, 12:20 am, *wrote:
[...]

See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", *maintained by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Email: *L(dot)T(dot)Crews(at)comcast(dot)net

eh, i've seen either or...i fed him like that today in front of two
vets and they didn't say anything...then it might not have occurred to
them...

besides when i've tried to feed him while on his belly, he tends to
scratch, and attempts to nudge and shove the hand/bottle which makes
feeding difficult and gets KMR everywhere. He chews the nipple more
and tries to climb and squirm. I try to prop him up against my chest
so his head and chest are at least elevated, and it's been the only
position so far where he'll hold still and drink for the longest
amount of time.

but a lot of research on the internet says feed him while on his
belly. tomorrow i'll experiment some more with that.

thanks!

Kristi
Old July 22nd 11, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_2_]

"Mischief" wrote in message
Some folks here who follow me on Facebook will know that I recently
took in another furry houseguest.

He is 3 weeks old and was found behind a garbage can. I just happened
to be at a kitten adoption event when these two boys brought him in a
box. The kitten adoption folks were full, and I took one look at this
face and melted.

I'm currently bottle feeding him and keeping him in a large storage
tub that he can't climb out of. He's cute as hell, and lately has
been rooting and suckling every time he's awake.

Omg he is so cute. He's trying to suck on his own toes. Maybe he would like
a kitten pacifier?