???

Old June 22nd 13, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default ???

For the last few days, no posts here have shown up on my computer. I'm sure
people are posting, and hope I start seeing the posts again soon.

--
Joy

"A true friend is someone who is there for you when they would rather be
someplace else." -- Len Wein

Old June 22nd 13, 12:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message ...

For the last few days, no posts here have shown up on my computer. I'm sure
people are posting, and hope I start seeing the posts again soon.

Joy

~~~~~
I have noticed the same thing. I have noticed a couple of messages in old
threads, but "that's it."

MaryL

Old June 22nd 13, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Joy" skrev i meddelandet
For the last few days, no posts here have shown up on my computer. I'm
sure people are posting, and hope I start seeing the posts again soon.

--
Joy

"A true friend is someone who is there for you when they would rather be
someplace else." -- Len Wein

Your post is the only one I have seen here today.
Elisabet

Old June 22nd 13, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Joy
wrote:
For the last few days, no posts here have shown up on my computer. I'm
sure people are posting, and hope I start seeing the posts again soon.

Tak has posted today as well as you and Mary L. I had some yesterday too.

I've only managed to grab a few minutes to check on the group due to
having RL pressures. Maybe others are the same.

Judith

Tak's post hasn't showed up for me.

I try my best to post as much as I can, given that so many seem have gone to
the facebook group, but tbh, there is only so much that one Boycat can do
that is interesting enough to post about ;-)
I could diverse a little about my veggie plot, this is the second year I've
been growing organic veggies and what a slow spring it has been..or could
tell you I went into the local town today again, with my bus pass!! all
free!!
I saw a wonderful Armed Services Parade there, by accident, as I didn't
know about it beforehand. It was led by Scottish pipers and drummers
dressed in kilts playing "Scotland the Brave" and I felt myself getting
quite emotional given that my father was a Scot and served in Burma.
Somewhere on my computer I have a photo of him out there, in shorts and
looking quite handsome as a young man. My half brother sent me that after I
found the other family on Genes Reunited.
Given that there are not many of us left on rpca - the *true* rpca, we need
stories.

Tweed
and now all the facebookers will leap in and say "we didn't intend not to
post.. and we want rpca to go back to." So post regularly otherwise the
group will die.
Tweed

Old June 23rd 13, 09:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

I try my best to post as much as I can, given that so many seem have gone to
the facebook group, but tbh, there is only so much that one Boycat can do
that is interesting enough to post about ;-)
I could diverse a little about my veggie plot, this is the second year I've
been growing organic veggies and what a slow spring it has been..or could

I'd love to hear about what you're growing in your veggie plot.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old June 24th 13, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...

I try my best to post as much as I can, given that so many seem have gone
the facebook group, but tbh, there is only so much that one Boycat can do
that is interesting enough to post about ;-)
I could diverse a little about my veggie plot, this is the second year
I've
been growing organic veggies and what a slow spring it has been..or could

I'd love to hear about what you're growing in your veggie plot.

Atm, carrots, parsnips, radishes, strawberries, cabbages, brussels, purple
sprouting broc, peas and mange toute. Beans (dwarf and runner) will be
planted out next week when the weather improves.

It took me three goes with the runner beans as it was so cold they just
rotted, and I am growing dwarf french unusual varieties from Germany this
year.

Tweed

Old June 24th 13, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 00:12:49 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Cheryl" wrote in message
web.com...

I try my best to post as much as I can, given that so many seem have gone
the facebook group, but tbh, there is only so much that one Boycat can do
that is interesting enough to post about ;-)
I could diverse a little about my veggie plot, this is the second year
I've
been growing organic veggies and what a slow spring it has been..or could

I'd love to hear about what you're growing in your veggie plot.

Atm, carrots, parsnips, radishes, strawberries, cabbages, brussels, purple
sprouting broc, peas and mange toute. Beans (dwarf and runner) will be
planted out next week when the weather improves.

It took me three goes with the runner beans as it was so cold they just
rotted, and I am growing dwarf french unusual varieties from Germany this
year.

Tweed

I don't have enough room to grow things other than tomatoes. I did
string beans this year but you need so many to get enough beans for a
meal that it's not really worth the effort. They didn't taste all that
different from regular market string beans.

The biggest difference is tomatoes. Even the Big Box store tomato
plants (Early Girl, Big Boy, Beefsteak, etc) are much better than
store bought tomatoes. But I grew a bunch of heirloom tomatoes from
seed the last couple of years and those are fun. I get purple ones,
striped ones, black ones, all kinds. And they taste really good.

Some plants already have tomatoes starting to grow - it's really too
early for that but I'll eat them.
Old June 24th 13, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"dgk" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 00:12:49 +0100, "

I don't have enough room to grow things other than tomatoes. I did
string beans this year but you need so many to get enough beans for a
meal that it's not really worth the effort.

Are string beans what we call runner beans here? we planted 25 last year
and couldn't keep up with the crop so have just planted out 15 this evening
into their permanent bed.
To get the best from them you need to dig a trench 18 inches deep, fill the
bottom with old newspapers and manure, water it from a hosepipe for a
couple of hours, fill the earth back in and plant them on top of that.
They need quite a lot of water and this really helps.

.. Even the Big Box store tomato
plants (Early Girl, Big Boy, Beefsteak, etc) are much better than
store bought tomatoes. But I grew a bunch of heirloom tomatoes from
seed the last couple of years and those are fun. I get purple ones,
striped ones, black ones, all kinds. And they taste really good.

Some plants already have tomatoes starting to grow - it's really too
early for that but I'll eat them.

There is no comparison between the taste of home grown tomatoes and store
bought ones which are full of water.

I've just planted out my runner beans this evening along with some French
beans from heritage seeds called Helios - the beans will be yellow.
the nicest thing about growing your own, at least for me, is that I know
there have been no chemicals used either sprayed on them or fertilizer. For
fertilizer we use chicken manure from my hens, horse manure from a local
stables, wood ash from my fire and the results of our compost heap.

Tweed

Old June 24th 13, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Atm, carrots, parsnips, radishes, strawberries, cabbages, brussels, purple
sprouting broc, peas and mange toute. Beans (dwarf and runner) will be
planted out next week when the weather improves.

It took me three goes with the runner beans as it was so cold they just
rotted, and I am growing dwarf french unusual varieties from Germany this
year.

Tweed

Sounds like quite a haul! I'd love to start a veggie garden but I have
enough trouble with flowers. The weeds have been taking over this year.
I even have a lot of poison ivy and poison sumac and have gotten itchy
rashes before I figured out what it was. I'd like to try veggies though.
It will take a lot of planning.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old June 24th 13, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

I've just planted out my runner beans this evening along with some French
beans from heritage seeds called Helios - the beans will be yellow.
the nicest thing about growing your own, at least for me, is that I know
there have been no chemicals used either sprayed on them or fertilizer. For
fertilizer we use chicken manure from my hens, horse manure from a local
stables, wood ash from my fire and the results of our compost heap.

That's a lot of organics. Good going! A compost heap is another thing I
want to do. Ah if I only had some time, and a better back.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.