[OT] Follow-up To Posts

Old April 29th 05, 12:10 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:50:48 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote

It's mystifying. How can anyone take Usenet that seriously?
Everyone has disagreements. Debate is what it is all about.

I don't think these caustic exchanges qualify as debate.

Sure they do.

It sounds
like you chicks mainly just want to hurt each other. You are all
playing to the stereotype of the misanthropic cat-lady, whether or not
you mean to do so.

That's a weird observation, but you're entitled.

This is a weird group, sugar. In my experience, the person who
resorts to naked hostility on Usenet is usually a frustrated pinhead
who can't think or write. That does not seem to be the case here.
This group is full of women who are intelligent and can express
themselves well. That context makes the "STFU bitch" posts seem more
jarring and pathological.

While any observer might say that our comments to one
another are equally vile, there is one discernable difference
between Lyn and me: she tried to censor me. I never did
any such thing to her, or to anyone.

It was neat to see who jumped on the bandwagon, too.
It's the old "smell blood and go in for the kill" syndrome
cowards typically engage in, lol. Happily, I am sane
enough not to take any of it personally. I simply
made sure that the censorship will never happen.

That sounds like a lofty mission, but I haven't seen anything in this
back-and-forth that would attract the interest of censors.

Lofty? Read it again. Not at all. Translation: neither this stupid
control freak bitch nor any other will censor ME. lol

Various people have threatened to bring the Usenet authorities down on
my head, but nothing ever comes of it. But I have seen a number of
people get themselves in trouble with criminal threats or by going
outside of Usenet, e.g., by calling someone's boss at work. That's
about what you have to do to attract the interest of anyone with real
authority.

Charlie

I'm mainly
interested because I am still figuring out who's who around here.

I got that.

Old April 29th 05, 04:53 PM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message

"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in

message

Apparently Lyn is much more bothered by your comments than she

lets
on. Netcoppery suggests someone who has been driven to a state of
desperation.

Charlie

Oh, you haven't seen *anything* yet Charlie. Megan (zuzu) left a

filthy
message on my *cell phone* because she was so bothered by my

comments
here!!! [BTW, you won't be officially a member of the newsgroup

until
Megan
demands an apology from you - LOL!]

Hope you can get us all sorted out soon, and I hope you don't let

first
impressions get in the way of getting to know some good people

here -
sometimes we go over the top when our buttons are pushed and there's

"history" with the person we're slinging flames with.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Oh, and a word of advice - being nice to Mary (or me now) will get you

on
about 6 different people's **** list! But Mary and I can both take it

so,
go ahead and save yourself - be mean to us! ROTFLOL!!!

Heh. That's right, Charlie. Run while you can!

Of course, being on the **** lists of the resident idiots can be

construed
as
a good thing.

LOL! This is true. There are some people you don't *want* as friends!

;

As long as the "norm" is what it is, popularity contests make no sense.
You may have noticed that I am not engaging in one here.

Old May 1st 05, 01:28 AM
Peacemaker

Catnipped wrote:
wrote in message

Catnipped wrote:
snip lies
You know, you're a sick woman. I have done nothing you are accusing me
of. I have never posted as anyone other than myself and only using this
email address and, as anyone that's been here a long time knows,
sockpuppets are not my style. You've ****ed off a lot of people in this
and other newsgroups and made more than a few enemies. Libelng me won't
stop whoever it is from doing whatever they want to do. You apparently
also don't get that I don't have access to a newsserver and can only
post through webtv. Look at the headers you posted.

You're right Megan (you might want to sit down for this) I used you in this
instance and I apologize. I deliberately lied - I knew you didn't do this,
you're much to openly confrontational to do something this sneaky (as I
wrote in another post, at the very least you are woman enough to address
directly what/who you hate).

I just needed a plausibly convincing bait to dangle. I knew the person
doing this couldn't stand to sit back and let you take credit for what she
did, and I was right. She had to crow about what she did and gave me the
last clues to convince me of who it is.

Who was it?

It's someone who reads/posts in rpca as much if not more than she
reads/posts here. It's someone who is extremely jealous of the popularity
of my stories in rpca. It's someone who *cares* about being popular in rpca
(again, this leaves Megan out, she's too dismissive of the "wimps" there).
It's someone who thinks (mistakenly) that I humiliated her in rpca, so she
wants to humiliate me in rpca (which is why each time she did this, it was
an attempt to make me lash out so that the people in rpca could "see me as I
really am, not the nice person I 'pretend' to be"). It is someone to whom
it is important she also make me look "stupid" (jealous of the Mensa thing I
would guess). It is someone who is fairly computer savvy (Lyn's too stupid
to have orchestrated this, so that leaves her out). And it is someone who
has been conspicuously absent in the recent round of flames - until this.

Anybody care to take a guess at the engineer of our mysterious troll yet?
No, I'm not telling because I still need to do a little technical sleuthing
to wrap this up. Then I may or may not let the people in rpca know who it
is who is trying so desperately to being discord there.

Still waiting for cat**** to tell us what she means by this. Who pray
tell, do u mean by this poast.