My thief, Omar

Old July 4th 04, 01:45 AM
Christine Burel

Default My thief, Omar

If cats were characters in Dungeons and Dragons, Omar would definitely be a
high-level rogue/thief...I have a box of some samples of Innova dry food
that one of the pet stores gave me to try and Omar has several times managed
to open the cupboards overnight and help himself. He's not good at covering
up the evidence; however, as mangled small bags of plastic were left
pitifully exposed in the laundry room...I learned to tie the cabinets shut
by putting a stretchy hair elastic around the cabinet knobs.

But, just a few minutes ago I went into the laundry room to take down the
sample box and open one up for a few treats for the kitty crew, when an
orange flash hopped up onto the dryer, snaked his furry head into the box
and made off with a small bag of Innova. Capturing prey in action! Omar
took his booty underneath the kitchen table; he knew he had only one chance
and he took it! He had the "heart" of the plastic bag ripped open before I
could blink, much less grab it away from him. Innova cat food was strewn
across the kitchen floor -- instantly 4 other kitties appear to "help" Omar
out, but he growled threateningly to defend his catch. I managed to finally
get the mangled bag and after treating the other kitties to some dry bits,
too, put the remnants into a Ziploc bag (which was put out in the garage I
might add!). Omar is now howling at the cabinet in the laundry room....

to be continued, I'm sure...
Christine

Old July 4th 04, 01:56 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 18:45:44 -0600, "Christine Burel"
wrote:

[...]

He is a mighty hunter! MLB

Old July 4th 04, 02:16 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Christine Burel"
artfully composed this message within
on 03 Jul 2004:

to be continued, I'm sure...
Christine

I wouldn't turn my back on that one. lol

--
Cheryl

Old July 4th 04, 04:33 AM
Marina

"Christine Burel" wrote
[...]

LOL! What a crafty little fellow he is!

--
Marina, missing Frank and Nikki

Old July 11th 04, 01:26 AM
SUQKRT

In article , "Christine Burel"
wrote:

Readers beware this post needs a bw. Very funny Christine

[...]

Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old July 11th 04, 05:57 PM