How is everybody on the short bus doing

Old May 21st 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default How is everybody on the short bus doing

haven't been here in a while

don't worry, I won't say pussy
even though P%s%y is in style

I see sriddles posting strong

Jill (daddy's baby) posting regular, posting long

handing everyone a wash cloth to wipe the corners of dey mowvs

What are yall doing to each other

Cats and Current News?

P^&sy Rocks P$%sy Rules

Old May 21st 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"BulletProof" wrote in message
oups.com...
haven't been here in a while

don't worry, I won't say pussy
even though P%s%y is in style

I see sriddles posting strong

Jill (daddy's baby) posting regular, posting long

handing everyone a wash cloth to wipe the corners of dey mowvs

What are yall doing to each other

Cats and Current News?

P^&sy Rocks P$%sy Rules

What the matter, Barry? Ran out of good recipes and needed some ideas??!
;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 21st 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
"BulletProof" wrote in message
oups.com...
haven't been here in a while

don't worry, I won't say pussy
even though P%s%y is in style

I see sriddles posting strong

Jill (daddy's baby) posting regular, posting long

handing everyone a wash cloth to wipe the corners of dey mowvs

What are yall doing to each other

Cats and Current News?

P^&sy Rocks P$%sy Rules

What the matter, Barry? Ran out of good recipes and needed some
ideas??! ;

1 lb. smoked sausage
3 lbs. new potatoes, chopped
water and beer to cover
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
3 lbs. fresh shrimp, de-headed but unpeeled
6 fresh blue crabs
6 ears corn on the cob
a couple of lemons
shrimp & crab boil mix

Fill a large stew pot about 1/2 full with water and beer and bring to a
boil. Squeeze lemon juice into the pot. Add as much of the shrimp and crab
boil mix as you think is wise. Cut the potatoes and the corn cobs into
chunks and add to the pot. Cook about 10 minutes. Add sausage, cut into
chunks; add onions, celery and bell pepper. Cook about 10 minutes. Add the
crabs and cook about 5 minutes. Toss in the shrimp; cook about 3 minutes.
Drain the lot and eat, tossing the crab and shrimp shells and corn cobs into
a bucket in the middle of the table.

Jill

Old May 21st 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote
[...]

Yum. Addendum: if you have cats as singleminded and crazy about
seafood *shells* (!) as mine, remove shells/corncobs (yes, they'll
scavenge those, too) immediately after meal in plastic bag to a
covered, outside garbage container.
Cats can be strange.....

Old May 21st 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"dnr" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote
[...]

Too true. I still remember all the cats in our yard after we did the prep
for a wild game dinner in Alaska. We shucked several large buckets for
clams for chowder. And became very popular.

Jo

Old May 21st 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

YUM! Thanks Jill!!! That sounds divine!!!!!!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 22nd 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

It's called Frogmore Stew... not really a stew so much as a boil. It's from
where my parents live and is a local specialty

Jill

Old May 22nd 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Ben bought some large shrimp today for Cajun shrimp po-boys and I almost
asked him to make this instead, but I can't resist his Cajun shrimp po-boys,
so maybe next time. I forward this recipe to him (he's the chef in our
house).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 22nd 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[[Too true. I still remember all the cats in our yard after we did the
prep for a wild game dinner in Alaska. We shucked several large buckets
for clams for chowder. And became very popular.

Jo]]

My uncle used to have a little motorboat. When I was younger, we'd go
fishing. (I couldn't bear to do that now; I'd feel too sorry for the
fish.)

The New Jersey shore has PLENTY of seagulls, and their middle name is
"scavenge". When they saw someone cleaning fish, they'd hang around to see
if there were any leavings for them. There'd be a few dozen birds perched
on my aunt and uncle's roof, as well as the roofs of neighboring houses,
waiting.

My uncle used to drop the unwanted byproducts from the cleaning of the
fish into a bucket. Then, when he was done cleaning the fish, he'd pitch
the contents of the bucket onto the lawn. Immediately there'd be a blur of
white, grey, and black as dozens of birds swooped down to get at the fish
leavings. It looked like a cloud made of gulls had descended upon the
lawn.

Within a couple of minutes, the fish byproducts would be consumed and the
cloud of birds would dissipate. When the gulls were gone, you wouldn't
even be able to tell where the bucket's contents had landed, they'd do
such a thorough job of cleaning up the mess.

Three cheers for recycling. The local seagulls got a meal and there was
less garbage for my aunt and uncle to dispose of. A win/win situation.

Donna

Old May 22nd 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...

The New Jersey shore has PLENTY of seagulls, and their middle name is
"scavenge". When they saw someone cleaning fish, they'd hang around to see
if there were any leavings for them. There'd be a few dozen birds perched
on my aunt and uncle's roof, as well as the roofs of neighboring houses,
waiting.

There is a Wendy by the vet clinic where I take Rusty to. At the parking
lot,
there are always many seagulls looking for scraps. We are near a river, but
far away from the sea.
The seagulls make a lot of noises.
Being near a vet clinic apparently doesn't bother them.

Winnie