A Pox on Thee, Hill's Science Diet!

Old April 18th 04, 01:17 AM
PawsForThought

From: m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:54:09 GMT, "BrandyÂ*Â*Alexandre"
wrote:

I'm so upset. Kami won't eat the Hill's k/d prescription food and I
spent a lot of time and money finding a food she would eat that had the
closest values to the k/d formula possible. We settled on Senior
Savory Cuts Ocean Fish.

I was at PetsMart because they were having a sale on it, but the
shelves were empty. I asked if they had any in the back, but the guy
said it had been pulled and would be replaced with something else! I
asked if that was a PetsMart decision or Hill's, and he said Hill's.
He said he remembered there being some and they were so kind to bring
some pallets they had packed down from the rafters, almost, and dig out
35 cans of it.

I email Hill's to ask if this was a test market in PetsMart or do I
need to raid every store for the any remaining cans, and I explained
why. A woman at Hill's actually called me on the phone and said they
had stopped production of that variety. There won't be any more. She
had a handful of can in her office she said she was going to send to
me, and after talking figured I might have enough on hand to figure out
a new alternative and use for mix-ins to change her over.

I'm so annoyed I can't even tell you.

Just because your kitty likes it today doesn't mean she won't turn her
nose up tomorrow. MLB

LMAO! So true.
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old April 18th 04, 01:17 AM
PawsForThought

Old April 18th 04, 04:16 AM
eodemolay

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
s.com...
I'm so upset. Kami won't eat the Hill's k/d prescription food and I
spent a lot of time and money finding a food she would eat that had the
closest values to the k/d formula possible. We settled on Senior
Savory Cuts Ocean Fish.

A couple of suggestions. First I would try the canned k/d again. It is quite
possible the cat will accept it now that it has gotten used to the lower
salt content of the former food. Second I would try canned feline g/d, it is
far closer to k/d than the Savory Cuts Ocean Fish product. Third I would try
some of the dry k/d and g/d. For some reason cats like the dry products more
than the canned versions. If that works, gradually add water over time to
the kibble until she is used to it.

Old April 18th 04, 05:18 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article ,
BrandyÂ*Â*Alexandre at
wrote on 4/17/04 10:33 PM:

eodemolay wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
s.com...
I'm so upset. Kami won't eat the Hill's k/d prescription food
and I spent a lot of time and money finding a food she would eat
that had the closest values to the k/d formula possible. We
settled on Senior Savory Cuts Ocean Fish.

A couple of suggestions. First I would try the canned k/d again.
It is quite possible the cat will accept it now that it has gotten
used to the lower salt content of the former food. Second I would
try canned feline g/d, it is far closer to k/d than the Savory
Cuts Ocean Fish product. Third I would try some of the dry k/d and
g/d. For some reason cats like the dry products more than the
canned versions. If that works, gradually add water over time to
the kibble until she is used to it.

Kami has the dry k/d available. She would never eat it as her main
diet. She generally detests dry food. She only snacks on it at night.
Trust me; I hear her. Plus, I find rejected kibble within a five
foot radius from her dish. She seemed to like the newer minced chicken
variety of the k/d, but the problem is that she licks her wet food to
the sides of the bowl and then can't get at it.

I think her preference for the Ocean fish is because it's nice and
stinky. The chicken isn't. If there were some smelly mix-ins I could
add it would probably work. I have often wondered about clam juice.
Anyone know if cats can have it?

I swear, she's worse than Morris. The pickiest eater I've ever seen in
my life.

Have you tried warming it a bit so it is stinkier?

Old April 18th 04, 05:18 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article ,
BrandyÂ*Â*Alexandre at

Old April 18th 04, 05:58 AM
Kaylea

--
Brandy Alexandre
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx

Have you tried using cod liver oil or fish oil capsules. Most of the fish
oil capsule supplements can be cut open and added to cat food. Some of them
are pretty stinky after they are opened.

Old April 18th 04, 06:13 AM
Lotte

Brandy, I feel your pain. I have an older cat with food allergies, and it
took me years and years to finally get her settled into a food she could
tolerate (Waltham's novel protein Venison) -- discovered last month that
they're going to stop making it. That's why I'm now thinking of just making
my own food...(see raw feeding thread)....

M9