Zithromax + cortisone (11years old)

Old April 23rd 04, 06:03 PM
jpaquin

Default Zithromax + cortisone (11years old)

I've been a lurker for a while, my persan has been treated with 3 different
antibiotics since last August (Cat has heavy sneezing and coughing for aprox
3 days and is well for about 2 days). All is blood work is great, last
Thursday the Vet put him on zithromax for 20 days, and cortisone treament
that should last until end of May.. For the last 2 days he has been very
grumpy but is appetite is good, and of course the sneezing continues.....am
pulling my hair out . I just love my boy but so far I have about $450
invested in him getting well, but today he looks so miserable....anyone have
any suggestion..sure would appreciate any help...jo

Old April 24th 04, 12:35 AM
Karen M.

"jpaquin" wrote in message ...
I've been a lurker for a while, my persan has been treated with 3 different
antibiotics since last August (Cat has heavy sneezing and coughing for aprox
3 days and is well for about 2 days). All is blood work is great, last
Thursday the Vet put him on zithromax for 20 days, and cortisone treament
that should last until end of May.. For the last 2 days he has been very
grumpy but is appetite is good, and of course the sneezing continues.....am
pulling my hair out . I just love my boy but so far I have about $450
invested in him getting well, but today he looks so miserable....anyone have
any suggestion..sure would appreciate any help...jo

Does the vet think he has a stubborn URI? If so, I can only offer my
personal experience: A while back my male cat Harry got a nasty URI
(herpes variety) that caused him to be hospitalized for a week. The
vet decided to put him on zithromax, which at the time was more of an
experimental thing to give to cats, but had shown good results. A
couple of days later his URI started to clear up and he could go home.
It still took almost two weeks for him to really recover. Of course,
my guy wasn't even eating and couldn't breathe without an oxygen tube.
It was nasty.

So, if you're asking if the zithromax will work to clear up an
infection, I'd say give it another day or two and hopefully you'll see
some good results.

Old April 24th 04, 03:44 AM
jpaquin

sorry I should have mentioned that he has been on meds since thursday the
15.....

Old April 24th 04, 03:44 AM
jpaquin