Stress Induced Illness?? Long

Old September 22nd 04, 04:02 AM
Singh

CatNipped wrote: (snipping the Mutha-in-law, which may not be a bad idea...)

Oh my!! What a bit*h!! I would give you a bit*hy comeback for that (I was
overweight all of my life until I had gastric bypass surgery 6 months ago,
so I've had lots of practice with fielding snide remarks) - but then you
might use it and cause trouble in your family. Maybe if you just mention
that negative comments cause stress and stress causes overeating? Nah,
people like that just aren't sensitive enough to relate the problem back to
themselves.

I was simply too shocked, and too careful considering culture clash. Mama Singh
is Chinese, Papa Singh or "Doc-Sahib" is from India, and both societies put a
big thing on about respect for elders. Had Doc-Sahib been *really* Orthodox, I
would have been made to partake in a ceremony the day after my wedding,
involving bowing, touching the feet of the elders, and making them chapattis to
show my industriousness and desire to serve. He takes Sikhism seriously, but
recognizes that I'm not Indian too. He is more respectful of my Polish
background than the Mutha-in-law; I've heard her comment in my presence and
hearing that Poles run to fat. She wanted Louie, the firstborn and first son, to
have a Catholic wedding and has a big problem that I turned Sikh and tries hard
to bait me. I wanted to tell hers that Muthas-in-law tend to have fat heads, but
I shut up out of respect.

Two years ago she gave me a jacket three sizes too small, and told me
infront of
everyone to diet down to it.

I hope you exchanged it for something you liked!

The lipstick and blush fit beautifully!

But I digress. Sure, I think a cat can get the sh*ts from pure stress
alone.
Cats, I think, are used to routine; Stosh will raise hell if we don't give
him a
pickup within five minutes of coming home from work, for instance. And
figu
here's this woman coming over with another cats and, you should pardon the
expression, a dog. 3 dogs, excuse my French. Those noisy D-creatures, and
God
help the cats if there were any those yappy little breeds that can wake up
the
next solar system. A cat's sensitive ears may not care for the sound of a
toy-breed d*g's high-pitched yelps.

*All* of them barked non-stop!! They woke me up 10 or 12 times each night
and were worse during the day. They fought each other and growled and bit -
they were horrible!!!

Aiyiyi!!! And you put up with this without tearing Mutha-in-law's head off?
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

Great name! I think I need some because Stosh decided to show us who's
boss by
marking the air duct downstairs so the whole place smells like Eau de
Delinquent
Juvenile.

Isn't it though??! It does work, but I think Nature's Miracle works
better - the "Stink Out" just came in the package with the black light.

Nature's Miracle is a Godsend. But what's this black light business? I associate
them with neon posters and pot!

Attacked?! Even worse. No wonder one of them got the sh*ts.

Yeah, we were going somewhere last Saturday and leaving through my bedroom.
All three d*gs pushed past my MIL and rushed after my cats. Jessie, Demi
and Sammy ran under my bed and were safe, but Bandit just laid there in the
middle of the floor and hiss/spit at them as if to say, "Bring it on
suckas!" MIL just stood there watching

B**ch!

and I had to jump into the middle of
it - the biggest dog was growling, barking and snapping its jaws at Bandit
and I was afraid I was going to be bitten - but even more afraid that my
baby would be mauled. I grabbed the d*g around the neck and wrestled it out
of the bedroom, then went back and dove into the fray to get the other two
out too. Bandit gave me a dirty look and licked her paw as if to say, "Aw,
you spoiled my fun, I was just about to have d*ggie for brunch!!" LOL

Bandit probably would have made mincemeat of him. Cats are efficient little
creatures, carrying their weapons concealed on their persons. I've seen 5-pound
cats make hash of big, lumbering d*gs. I've learned to LOVE that censoring, BTW!

Yeah. Get the Mutha-in-law to a hotel unless it's a major emergency.

If she needs to come again she'll be told that the d*gs will be put in a
kennel at my vets - I can't have my cats, especially my 14-year-old,
stressed out like that again.

Amen to that!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 22nd 04, 12:18 PM
polonca12000

The only time Soncek had diarrhoea was when I brought him home with me. I'm
sure that was stress-related. Maybe you can wait a day or so and see what
happens. Or phone the vet.
Lots of best wishes and purrs for the kitties and hugs for you, CN,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"CatNipped" wrote in message
snip
When I walked in the door to my bedroom I saw that one of my cats had had

an
attack of diarrhea in a line leading up to the litter box - the poor baby
couldn't even make it to the box. [Oh well, I already had all the

cleaning
stuff!] However, I don't know which of my girls is sick, so I'll have to
watch them closely before I know who to take to the vet.

The question I have is, do you think it's possible that the diarrhea could
be stress induced - after all, they were attacked by three dogs in their

own
bedroom and all four were cooped up in that one room for 6 days.

They weren't in contact in any way with the visitor cat, he was kept in an
upstairs bedroom and they didn't get near his food and water dishes or his
(my!!) litter box (I disinfected all the litter boxes before setting them

up
again for my girls) - so I don't think they could have caught anything

from
him.

Any advice other than get her, whoever it is, to the vet?

gripe

Never again!! That woman will not set foot in this house again unless my
husband lays down some rules to her. The first one will be that her d*gs
will be confined to one room (hopefully one without carpet) or outside in
our LARGE, FENCED IN YARD, and she will do her fair share to help with the
housework.

I'm really PO'd that she treated me like a hotel maid - I did groceries

for
her food (which she did not chip in for), I cooked her food, I cleaned her
dishes (she would get up from the table and go sit down to watch TV

without
so much as putting her plate in the sink), I washed her clothes (I think

she
must have brought some dirty ones with her because I did 3 loads of hers
alone - folding, hanging, everything but ironing!!!), I fed her cat, I
scooped his box, I cleaned up after her dogs.... heck, even hotel maids
don't do all the stuff I did!!!!!

/gripe

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 22nd 04, 03:26 PM
CatNipped

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...

At about twelve, I could do an alpha roll on a grown male Dobe. What's
your MIL's excuse?

I think she thinks she's being nice to them by treating them like babies
instead of d*gs, but she doesn't realize how miserable they are. They are
very confused, fight each other (growling, barking and snapping at each
other constantly), and they don't respect humans so are really very
dangerous in the wrong circumstances (as I mentioned, I was very lucky not
to have been bitten when I rescued Bandit from their attack - the d*gs were
struggling against my restraint).

When my granddaughters were still here my SIL got really angry when the d*gs
started fighting just inches away from his youngest daughter, but my MIL
didn't even try to stop them and ignored his angry tone of voice when he
told his daughter got get away from the dogs (I think she thought that was
the correct solution rather than disciplining her d*gs!!). She will be
really heartborken if they bite a neighbor's child and have to be taken
away, but it will be her fault.

They don't obey even the simplest command, they're always underfoot (I can't
tell you how many times I tripped over them when I was trying to cook!).
They really made themselve unwelcome in my home again - and it's not their
fault, it's hers.

I having nothing against d*gs, really *love* them in fact, grew up with a
constant canine companion as well as cats (and chickens, pigeons, canaries,
parakeets, snakes, aligators, pigs, geese, and even a neutria). I'm
delighted when my daughter and SIL's d*gs come to visit, but my MILs will
not be in my house again unless they are confined in a spare room or
outside.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 22nd 04, 03:39 PM
CatNipped

"Singh" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, I understand, it's always better to *not* say something and regret
that than to say something and regret it. You can't take back words that
hurt and you're heaping good karma on yourself by being restrained.

The lipstick and blush fit beautifully!

Good for you!

Aiyiyi!!! And you put up with this without tearing Mutha-in-law's head
off?
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

I did it for DH. I've been thinking a lot about him during all this
(probably trying to work up a good mad so I can take my frustration out on
someone! ;), but the only fault I can find is that he's a bit, ahem,
ergonomically challenged (that and the fact that he's too often right when
we argue!!! ;). He is the kindest, gentlest, most thoughtful, most
intelligent, most witty and humorous (I could go on and on, but you get the
picture) man I've ever known. I would go through a *lot* not to hurt his
feelings in any way.

Nature's Miracle is a Godsend. But what's this black light business? I
associate
them with neon posters and pot!

A black light in a dark room will make urine, blood, and semen flouresce.
Crime scene investigators use it to find traces of blood and other bodily
fluids.

Bandit probably would have made mincemeat of him. Cats are efficient
little
creatures, carrying their weapons concealed on their persons. I've seen
5-pound
cats make hash of big, lumbering d*gs. I've learned to LOVE that
censoring, BTW!

Yeah, but if that d*g had gotten past her claws and gotten his jaws around
her body he could have killed her, so I couldn't take the chance.

If she needs to come again she'll be told that the d*gs will be put in a
kennel at my vets - I can't have my cats, especially my 14-year-old,
stressed out like that again.

Amen to that!

Blessed be,
Baha

Definitely, I (or DH) will let her know the groundrules over the phone
before she comes next time. I've described a few other problems I'm having
in other posts here. I think my poor babies are suffering post traumatic
shock syndrome!!

Hugs,

CatNipped