Adoption contract? & a Fearsome Foursome update

Old May 27th 04, 02:26 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default Adoption contract? & a Fearsome Foursome update

OK - as you all know, I have 4 kittens that I will be adopting out, with the
help of a local rescue agency. I was wondering if any of you have any sort
of Adoption Contract? One that I could maybe use and/or modify to fit my
specifics? I don't want these kittens to go to just anyone, and I want to
make sure that they are INDOOR, not declawed if at all possible, etc., etc.
Also have any ideas of appropriate adoption fees?

Also, the Fearsome Foursome have been moved from the (enclosed) front porch
to our bedroom. The door is open but blocked off with a large piece of
cardboard. So far Tennessee and Weeble have braved hurdling the cardboard
(it's just high enough to keep kittens in, but the other cats can
investigate when they want to) to sniff at a kitten, only to be frightened
by another kitten pouncing on them from behind, and then fleeing the room
Big scaredy cats. All four were currently napping on the bed when I left
the room a few minutes ago - a 4-kitten pile-up! They have not had any
formula for a few days now, and have taken to the canned kitten food very
well.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old May 27th 04, 03:10 AM
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
OK - as you all know, I have 4 kittens that I will be adopting out,
with the help of a local rescue agency. I was wondering if any of
you have any sort of Adoption Contract? One that I could maybe use
and/or modify to fit my specifics? I don't want these kittens to go
to just anyone, and I want to make sure that they are INDOOR, not
declawed if at all possible, etc., etc. Also have any ideas of
appropriate adoption fees?

You might wish to send an email to a local rescue agency or to
www.houseofmews.com in Memphis to inquire about a scanned copy of their
adoption form. They are very, very particular about who they allow to adopt
their cats. This all-volunteer agency never puts cats in just anyone's
hands. In fact, if the resident cats are not adopted they live out their
lives in the rather large old storefront with toys and scritches and people
who love them. They have caring vets volunteering services and medical
supplies.

I know they have an adoption form. You might send email to the site
attention Elain Harvey, or write or call:

Elain Harvey, Founder/CEO
THE HOUSE OF MEWS
944 S. Cooper
Memphis, TN 38104
901-272-3777

Jill

Old May 27th 04, 05:22 PM
TJ

I have filled out many adoption forms lately. From the Humane Society's to many
of the different rescue groups. They are all at least 4 pages long. Ya know,
now that I am typing I just remembered that the web site that I scan every day
(for new masters) has the ability to fill out a form online. Let me go see if I
can get the link for you. Be right back.

TJ

Old May 27th 04, 05:32 PM
TJ

Here are a few questionnaires that have been typical info everyone has on their
adoption contracts that I have been filling out. I know that after the form is
filled out then you still have to be interviewed and they ask you to elaborate
more. Should give you some info. I wish I had a blank one I could fax you or
scan for you.

http://www.cats-meow.org/adoptionform.htm

http://www.azrescue.org/servlet/mmapplications

http://members.petfinder.org/~AZ80/S...tionnaire2.htm