OT people who live in/near austin

Old July 10th 10, 09:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default OT people who live in/near austin

i was reading in another group and someone brought up the map program, it
seems you can qualify for the help if you have limited income, low wages or
unemp benn and even if you can't get full coverage you can be on the sliding
scale, i can't remember which off you live there or in the nearby counties,
but in this day and age of unemplment and medical costs for regular med
skyrocketing i though you might want to go to the socal services part of the
austin city site and check it out, Lee

Old July 10th 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT Also for those who need some cheaper food that will also help those who are in need

"Stormmee" wrote in message
i was reading in another group and someone brought up the map program, it
seems you can qualify for the help if you have limited income, low wages or
unemp benn and even if you can't get full coverage you can be on the
sliding scale, i can't remember which off you live there or in the nearby
counties, but in this day and age of unemplment and medical costs for
regular med skyrocketing i though you might want to go to the socal
services part of the austin city site and check it out, Lee

I wanted to add that this organization provides a low cost food help. THIS
IS NOT WELFARE, HANDOUTS OR A FOOD BANK . I want to point that out again
for a few of you last time ASSUMED it was and made some not so worthy
comments. This organizations buys food in bulk, sells the food, takes the
profits and helps the ones that need the help. The food is excellent
quality, taste great plus you are helping a worthy cause.

https://www.angelfoodministries.com/

Old July 10th 10, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Jul 10, 9:32*am, "Matthew"
wrote:
*The food is excellent
quality, taste great plus you are helping a worthy cause.

I've looked at their menus and I have one question? When do they open
over here?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 10th 10, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

thans this is one of the liks i lost in the last hard drive crash... and for
those of you in austin, one person said they were on unempl, at the max rate
and still got some help from these austin services for meds, Lee
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

Old July 10th 10, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Stormmee" wrote:
i was reading in another group and someone brought up the map program, it
seems you can qualify for the help if you have limited income, low wages or
unemp benn and even if you can't get full coverage you can be on the sliding
scale, i can't remember which off you live there or in the nearby counties,
but in this day and age of unemplment and medical costs for regular med
skyrocketing i though you might want to go to the socal services part of the
austin city site and check it out, Lee

I don't live in that area, so I'm not very familiar with the
terminology and was just wondering - is "map" short for medical
assistance program, or something of that nature?
Old July 10th 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

yes, sorry... it seems that texas in general but this area in particular has
assistance programs that not only benifit the totally indegint, they help
the working poor, considering assets, and if you qualify for something else
instead from the conversation, wich i had kept it, they help you get say
medicade/medicare instead of their stuff... working poor, those on unempl
and homeless fall through the cracks and this seems to be an attempt to fix
that.

Old July 10th 10, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"Stormmee" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you, Matthew! It's not charity. You don't have to "qualify" for
anything nor do you have to be destitute or be receiving Food Stamps or
Welfare to participate. You do pay for the food, you simply pay less
because of the way they buy it. And it's not like a store - you can only
pick it up one day a month at a participating church (staffed by
volunteers).

The only thing I don't recommend is the pre-prepared "Senior Meals". I
tried that once when my mother was still alive. In terms of taste it would
be better to buy regular TV dinners at the grocery store, and that's not
saying much LOL

Jill

Old July 11th 10, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"Stormmee" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah I was not impressed by them either and for the cost you could go buy a
hungry man TV dinner for less

Old July 11th 10, 11:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

So much of the food is breaded and such but, if that isn't a problem it is a
good deal for the most part.
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

Old July 11th 10, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Not true. I order from Angel Food every two to three months. I usually get
steaks, chicken, pork chops, ground beef. None of them are breaded. This
month (July 2010) they have chicken leg quarters, frozen vegetables, a head
of fresh cabbage. Last time I got a bag of potatoes and a bag of onions
along with pork chops and steaks. They always include a dozen eggs and 32
oz. of shelf stable milk. Occasionally they'll have breaded something or
other, but that's an exception, not the rule.

Jill

"Granby" wrote in message
So much of the food is breaded and such but, if that isn't a problem it is
a good deal for the most part.
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

OT Austin TX MLB[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 February 18th 10 05:36 PM
Austin/Lampasas area help mikel Cat community 2 January 5th 07 11:35 PM
yesterday Austin will live the walnut, and if Ollie easily looks it too, the smog will fill beside the kind cave Otto N. Simoneaux Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 01:49 PM
when did Austin dream between all the butchers? We can't live carrots unless Nell will virtually taste afterwards Soapy Funny Chimpanzee Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 01:27 PM
Thank You To Everyone Who Wrote About Austin.... John Ross Mc Master Cat health & behaviour 7 April 5th 05 06:12 AM