2 years of hard work finally

Old June 30th 10, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default THANK YOU

Thanks everyone I have been walking around in a daze since I heard the
news. I have so much to do before the surgery which is about 30+ days away
including a crappy diet designed to shrink the liver and other organs for
easier access

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
This is cross posted so all my friends can see

I am sitting in computer in tears but tears of JOY. I got approval a few
minutes ago for the surgery.

2 years of battling with the insurance company, my own doctor office. All
the stress and depression it caused. The ups and down of trying hard to
get healthy desperate to find a way to help myself only for it not to
work. 2 years of hell came to a end today.

I can't describe this feeling I want to get healthy. I want it so bad
but nothing has worked. I know I got along road ahead. The first real
steps started today. This is going to be the best birthday gift I could
ever have.

Old June 30th 10, 10:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Default 2 years of hard work finally

On 29 June, 20:09, "Matthew" wrote:
This is cross posted so all my friends can see

I am sitting in computer in tears but tears of JOY. *I got approval *a few
minutes ago for the surgery.

Way to go Matthew!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 30th 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Default 2 years of hard work finally Ping: Matthew

"Matthew" wrote in
ng.com:

I am sitting in computer in tears but tears of JOY. I got approval
a few minutes ago for the surgery.

I must have missed what type of surgery it will be. Are you able to tell
us? Best of luck in any case.

Bobble
Old June 30th 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Bobble" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in
ng.com:

I am sitting in computer in tears but tears of JOY. I got approval
a few minutes ago for the surgery.

I must have missed what type of surgery it will be. Are you able to tell
us? Best of luck in any case.

Bobble

lapband

Old June 30th 10, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"Matthew" wrote

I must have missed what type of surgery it will be. Are you able to tell
us? Best of luck in any case.

lapband

Good luck Matthew. In one search it had an 88% within 3 years serious
problem but it has a major advantage. It's reversible. It sounded like the
main problem was 'self adjustment done wrong' leading to the bad stats?
You'd know more there.

Old July 1st 10, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

I am so pleased for you, Lee
"Adrian" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
This is cross posted so all my friends can see

I am sitting in computer in tears but tears of JOY. I got approval a
few minutes ago for the surgery.

2 years of battling with the insurance company, my own doctor office.
All the stress and depression it caused. The ups and down of trying hard
to get healthy desperate to find a way to help myself only for it not to
work. 2 years of hell came to a end today.

I can't describe this feeling I want to get healthy. I want it so bad
but nothing has worked. I know I got along road ahead. The first real
steps started today. This is going to be the best birthday gift I could
ever have.

Congratulations!

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 1st 10, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

keep us posted,... err at the risk of sounding like a nag, have you
considered cooking/freezing food ahead for your mom? i ask because i get
the impression you do most of the cooking and i was thinking that might not
be easy after surgery, Lee
ng.com...

Old July 1st 10, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote

I must have missed what type of surgery it will be. Are you able to
tell
us? Best of luck in any case.

lapband

Good luck Matthew. In one search it had an 88% within 3 years serious
problem but it has a major advantage. It's reversible. It sounded like
the main problem was 'self adjustment done wrong' leading to the bad
stats? You'd know more there.

Yeah the less cutting the better it will be. I will follow their guide
lines to a "T". My problem is not the eating part but my body telling me to
process the food and to feel full

Those are way old stats most errors come from people going back to old
habits and over eating stretching the stomach making the band slip which
it is a simple surgery to fix if it does unless the stomach is damaged.
There is no way I will try and self adjust it is nothing to go to the doc's
office him insert a 1/2" long needle and either drain or add saline into the
port. Why risk it

I tried to get into one of the studies that do the new procedure of stomach
stapling through your mouth; no cutting outside. They said I was a prime
candidate but 1000 slots 30,000 people they only took people who were short
driving distance away to save on cost. So far that and among other studies
linked 99% rate of success.

This procedure as you said is reversible Yes the gastric you will loose at
least 1/2 your body weight in a year the band it is a mi9n 1 - 2 pounds a
week for the first year takes up to 2-3 years to see results but I know
this slow results will only make me work harder. If it was quick and easy
why do it ;-)

Old July 1st 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"Matthew" wrote
"cshenk" wrote

lapband

Good luck Matthew. In one search it had an 88% within 3 years serious
problem but it has a major advantage. It's reversible. It sounded like
the main problem was 'self adjustment done wrong' leading to the bad
stats? You'd know more there.

Yeah the less cutting the better it will be. I will follow their guide
lines to a "T". My problem is not the eating part but my body telling me
to process the food and to feel full

The best of luck then! It seems a good route from all you say. Doesnt have
any of the nasty problems where they shorten the intestinal track (life long
issues with nutrition that are irreversable) or the staples.

Old July 2nd 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
This is cross posted so all my friends can see

I am sitting in computer in tears but tears of JOY. I got approval a few
minutes ago for the surgery.

2 years of battling with the insurance company, my own doctor office. All
the stress and depression it caused. The ups and down of trying hard to
get healthy desperate to find a way to help myself only for it not to
work. 2 years of hell came to a end today.

I can't describe this feeling I want to get healthy. I want it so bad
but nothing has worked. I know I got along road ahead. The first real
steps started today. This is going to be the best birthday gift I could
ever have.

A good book to read for inspiration is "You can if you think you can" by
Norman Vincent Peale. It is old and may be out of print, but a used
book store might have it. You want this to succeed, so I know you CAN
Do It. Old saying: "Inside of every fat person is a thin person
trying to get out". Wishing you the best and sending purrs for a
successful venture. MLB