How do I miss thee? Let me count the ways... Very long

Old January 28th 11, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default How do I miss thee? Let me count the ways... Very long

I mentioned missing many things about Frank in a recent thread. I should
have written this on the fifth anniversary of his passing, 8th December
last year, but this will have to do. I've been thinking about him a lot
lately, and these are just some of the things I miss about Frank.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...regalfrank.jpg

I miss going out for walkies with Frank. I regret that I didn't train
Mir and Caliban to walk on a harness when they were young, but I moved
to this new flat where I could build an enclosure for them on the patio.
But many a night, when I've set out for my evening walk, I've thought
about how nice it would be to take a cat along. Frank used to like his
harness so much. When I took it out and shook it at him, he'd come
running and stand to attention, so that I could put the harness on him.
He even leaned this way and that to give me easier access to the buckles.

Outside, he would walk by my side. If I stopped, he'd stop and look up
at me to see where we were going next. It was quite amazing. I didn't
teach him this, he just did it naturally. (Nikki was a whole nother
story - she'd dart this way and that, stop for ten minutes in one place
to meatloaf and survey her surroudings, then dash off in a surprising
direction and pull me along, then dash up a tree, and I'd stand there
holding a leash that disappeared up into the foliage...)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...titutional.jpg

I miss my headfrank. He'd curl up around my head and purr me to sleep at
night. Or he would sleep on the pillow beside mine and press his
forehead to mine. As I mentioned before, he would come and get me if he
thought I was up too late. I never had to wait long after going to bed,
and he would jump up at my feet and then walk up the bed, looking at me
all the way, butt my face a few times and enjoy some scritches, then
curl up around my head. When he was younger, he would wake me up in the
morning (I still used to feed the cats the moment I got up in the
morning, but after I stopped doing that, he let me sleep. Nikki never
woke me up in the morning, it was Frank's job).

I miss Frank's kind and polite gentlemanliness. Every new cat he met -
and they were many in his life - he met with only friendship in his
demenour. I brought home Nikki as a nine-week-old kitten, and she hopped
sideways at him and hissed and growled, and Frank just sat there and
looked at her. 'Take it easy, little girl. I'm not going to hurt you.'
Same thing when I brought home Mir, but Nikki had been so mean to her
that she thought Frank would be the same, and was scared of him the
first couple of months. Until she realised he was an old softie that she
could wrap around her little paw.

He was kind to Caliban, too, but at that point he was getting old and
tired, and I think losing Nikki earlier that year broke his heart, so he
couldn't really be bothered with the new kid. He was kind but not as
affectionate as he usually was.

I still dream about him and Nikki. They're usually happy dreams, and I
wake up feeling comforted.

This is already much too long, so I'll just add a couple of pictures at
the end. This was Frank, my heartcat, 22 Nov 1987 - 8 Dec 2005.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...farnktummy.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Nikki/Yawn.jpg

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old January 28th 11, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 29/01/2011 7:33 AM, Marina wrote:
[...]

Frank was a legend among cats.

He is part of the sadly, ever growing RPCA alumni, and will always be
remembered fondly by many right around this fair globe of ours.

And *hugs* to you, Marina.

Yowie
(suffering MMS)
Old January 29th 11, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

This is a lovely tribute to Frank.
He was still with you when I was first on rpca.

I wish I had your words to do this for KFC.

Tweed

Old January 31st 11, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nitesbane

"Marina" wrote in message
I mentioned missing many things about Frank in a recent thread. I should
have written this on the fifth anniversary of his passing, 8th December
last year, but this will have to do. I've been thinking about him a lot
lately, and these are just some of the things I miss about Frank.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...regalfrank.jpg

snip

This is already much too long, so I'll just add a couple of pictures at
the end. This was Frank, my heartcat, 22 Nov 1987 - 8 Dec 2005.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...farnktummy.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Nikki/Yawn.jpg

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Thank you for sharing, that was a nice and very warm tribute.