fleas

Old July 5th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ralph

Default fleas

My 17 year old cat (DSH), living in a basement apartment, now has her first
case of fleas. Likely she's had them for a while, but I saw the first one
while combing her Friday.

I got some "Zodiac spot on", and applied it yesterday, and already she's
more comfortable, and scratched bare spots are healing. I comb her
regularly, and she not only tolerates it, but comes and expects it. She's
not dumb, and knows it helps.
At her age, she can't do the thorough grooming she used to.

I met a man at the pet store who said this was only the first step, and I'd
need to spend a lot more money to keep the infestation at bay. Although I
liked what he said, I didn't like the cost, and checked prices at Petsmart.

The 'spot on' was $3 cheaper there, but they didn't carry the spray for the
carpets, that I was actually looking for.

I guess I'll have to check around.

Old July 5th 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barbara[_3_]

Ralph wrote:
[...]

remember to spray your apartment also.I use Raid flea killer plus,purple
cap(kills the eggs for at east 4 months)
Barbara
Old July 5th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

If you caught it early, you shouldn't have to spray the apartment. Any
hatched fleas will go on the cat and the spot on will kill them. When I
first got Tiger he came with fleas. I treated him AND Amber with
Frontline and that took care of the problem.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old July 5th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
spot

If you use something like raid make sure you remove the cat for at least
24 hours. That way the stuff has time to work and dry before letting
the cat on the carpet.

Celeste
Old July 5th 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

If this is the first time you have seen fleas, you may not have to do the
carpet. By treating the cat, the fleas that will find their way to him will
also be killed. Run the vac some extra to get the eggs.
"Ralph" wrote in message ...
[...]

fed up with fleas. Stormlady Cat health & behaviour 2 February 2nd 08 12:08 PM
fleas David Spicer Cat health & behaviour 4 September 9th 05 12:31 AM
fleas graciedv Cat health & behaviour 11 June 19th 05 03:15 PM
Fleas? or something else? carlene Cat health & behaviour 2 February 23rd 05 01:43 AM
Fleas all over Tang Cheng Yuen Cat rescue 2 July 14th 04 04:19 PM