Candlelight vigil

Old August 19th 03, 11:05 PM
Tanada

Theresa wrote:

I attended a vigil this past Sat. at a Humane Society in Columbus. Shelters
send in names of animals that had been euthanized and the names were read.
A few poems were read, then came a blessing of the animals. Now I've seen
this done before, but they do it differently here. The pastor of a local
church blesses each animal in attendance individually. He asks the pet's
name and if there is any specific need. We took 3 animals from the Dayton
shelter, one being the puppy I had fostered. We just asked that they all
find homes, especially one dog, Brownie, who has been there for 6 months.
It was a very moving evening.

Ours wasn't as elaborate as yours was, but it was still very moving.
The names of departed pets were sent in and often the hoomin was
present, the RB poem was read, and then a blessing of the animals was
prayed by the minister/pastor/priest. I didn't care what religion he
was, he was there for the animals and that was enough.

Pam S.
Old August 20th 03, 01:57 AM
Sam Nash

Best of luck to Mike on his job interview.
Sam, Ramona, and the furry ones.

"Tanada" wrote in message
Tanada wrote:

The Haven, our local no-kill pet shelter is having a candlelight vigil
for homeless and lost pets. I'm getting ready to head out the door
now. Will fill you in later.

Pam S.

Sorry, just got back from the vigil. It was for all the pets gone to
the bridge in the last year. I thought about the groups RB pets while
they were reading the names, and wasn't the only one to cry when they
were reading the Rainbow Bridge poem. I didn't win anything at the
raffle, donated a couple of bags of cat food and volunteered my hubby,
the boys, and time tomorrow. We're getting back into volunteer mode.

Please wish Mike LUCK!!!! He has a job interview at one of our local
grocery stores tomorrow. I definitely have to have him on the road
early in the am. Please purr and think job success thoughts for him
tomorrow.

Pam S.